Sign in to follow this  
farooqaaa

Player x kicked off, Steam ticket check failed: (null)

Ya I keep getting kicked every 10-15 mins as well for this same thing, could not verify steam ticket check failed something something when I crash. Another Friend has the same freaking problem but 3 of our other friend seem to play just fine. I know its not our PCs, game is unstable and not worth playing until fixed.

Steam Ticket Check Failed, Steam Ticket Check Failed,

Steam Ticket Check Failed

And now its happening more than every 15 mins... fix ya shit

just small question, do you have running Origin (from EA) ? ... if yes, try close it ... if no change or no Origin please do tell ...

(idea taken from this weird post http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?134291-BattlEye-Client-not-responding-please-help&p=2483333&viewfull=1#post2483333 )

I noticed it recently an yes i had origin installed but can't remember if it was running on my end. Will test..think if'n i recall I almost always turn off as steam is running an curious if the 2 would confliict maybe.

I found this helped me,

Go to Users-YOU-AppData-local-Arma3

And remove the rpt files as well as the files inside MPmissionscache.

Restart Arma 3

Hope it helps you.

With my new server up and running and a lot of hours tweaking all the settings to get it to run smoothly ... I was pretty disappointed to get

only 1 person join and see at least 10 last night get kicked because of this error.

Let's hope these peeps can read this forum post and some of the fixes work :-(

We are getting this happen alot on our server.

Thing is it hasn't happened to anyone I can talk to in TS :(

Edited by BL1P

Since final release I am noticing the majority of players attempting to join some servers being kicked with the message:

Player x kicked off, Steam ticket check failed: (null)

Not small beer at all - I've seen it happen a few hundred times! Launcher?, Starting with Arma3.exe and not steam.exe 1st? Origin? They need an answer or there will be some very unhappy people out there!

some additional Q:

do you see that happen on DEV branch too ? or only STABLE?

are you using VON on server? if yes, is the VON codec quality in range 21-30 ? (if yes then try 20 or lower, if it has no effect just tell me)

some additional Q:

are you using VON on server? if yes, is the VON codec quality in range 21-30 ? (if yes then try 20 or lower, if it has no effect just tell me)

Stable only for us.

VON is on. @ codec 10

Using tophes server launcher.

I would say 70% who join get kicked with the steam ticket fail Null.

They don't even get on the server for us they just connecting then the error and disconnected.

If a players game crashes while on the server we get the same error.

some additional Q:

Stable Branch - will ask someone to check the VON codec quality.

Dwarden ...

Stable version for us !

VON Enabled Quality 10 !

Externally Hosted Server !

No mods required on Server !

CBA-A3 and VTS Bikeys enabled !

All guildies can join with or without the VTS Mod !

Approx 65% of attempted public joins fail , yet no-one in our guild, just public joins.

Continuing to try and ascertain .....

I just came across this thread, but were having similar issues. When we were running a beta server we had no issues.

Now since the update and going to stable. For every 10 players that join 9 get steam ticket checks and are kicked.

Were not running VON its disabled, were using a Teamspeak on a separate server. No mods. Stable version.

Stable version for us

VON Enabled Quality 6

Externally Hosted Server- running a 2nd arma server 20 ports away -TS3 server 2000 ports away

No mods required on Server

Running off a bat file with server shortcut.

Approx 60% of attempted public joins fail not happening with members.

Thing is it hasn't happened to anyone I can talk to in TS :(
Approx 65% of attempted public joins fail , yet no-one in our guild, just public joins.
Approx 60% of attempted public joins fail not happening with members.

It's obvious this happens to those using illegal/cracked copies of the game, so it doesn't seem to be a bug at all. And yes, it appears there are a lot of players using cracked copies and trying to play online with them. I have seen this countless of times on my own local server and most of the time they show up to be having the same PID, which proves that they are using identical copies.

I have also noticed that this message can show when players crash to desktop mid-game and time out (instead of the "??? is losing connection... kicked message)

EDIT: Sable is there any chance you could provide the commonly pirated PID so I could block it script-side?

switch(getPlayerUID player) do 
{  
   case "123456789": // Blacklisted PID
   {
       disableUserInput true;
       while{getPlayerUID player == ""} do
       {
           cutText ["YOU HAVE FAILED TO PASS THE PLAYERID CHECK","BLACK",0];
           sleep 10;
       };
       disableUserInput false;
    };
   case "": // Blank/Empty playerID
   {
       disableUserInput true;
       while{getPlayerUID player == ""} do
       {
           cutText ["YOU HAVE FAILED TO PASS THE PLAYERID CHECK","BLACK",0];
           sleep 10;
       };
       disableUserInput false;
   };
   {
   // Do nothing as the playerID doesnt match any of the blacklisted ones.
   };
};

Edited by Kushluk

Sable is there any chance you could provide the commonly pirated PID so I could block it script-side?

Why would you want to block them in your scripts when the game server itself already does that for you? ;)

Why would you want to block them in your scripts when the game server itself already does that for you? ;)

An extra layer of security is rarely a bad thing :cool:

Plus it would amuse me greatly to hear someone complaining about not being able to join my mission.

Keep up the good work. BattlEye has been very efficient recently :o

It's obvious this happens to those using illegal/cracked copies of the game, so it doesn't seem to be a bug at all. And yes, it appears there are a lot of players using cracked copies and trying to play online with them. I have seen this countless of times on my own local server and most of the time they show up to be having the same PID, which proves that they are using identical copies.

If this is the case. Then its working well :)

ye, well i was operating with premise it's happening to users where you knew they have obtained game by fair way

anyway if you got issues on non-warez then try DEV sever and client first

this error is not (only about BE/warez, if at all), we experience this for many people since alpha release and all are legit

It could be this - often see the same player names repeatedly and did wonder if it was pirated copies lol.

I'm just asking this straight away:

Is this Steam Ticket Fail - Thingy getting fixed anytime soon and / or how can Server Admins fix this? It pretends people from Joining our (and possibly other) Servers leaving it nearly empty all the Time.

;2509297']this error is not (only about BE/warez' date=' if at all), we experience this for many people since alpha release and all are legit[/quote']

You sure ?

Like I said before the people whom I game with on TS haven't yet had this problem joining the server.

Some have crashed during a mission and returned that steam ticket error but none get it while joining.

The attempted joins dont show up in the server .rpt either.

;2509297']this error is not (only about BE/warez' date=' if at all), we experience this for many people since alpha release and all are legit[/quote']

Are you sure it's not just this?:

I have also noticed that this message can show when players crash to desktop mid-game and time out (instead of the "??? is losing connection... kicked message)
I'm just asking this straight away:

Is this Steam Ticket Fail - Thingy getting fixed anytime soon and / or how can Server Admins fix this? It pretends people from Joining our (and possibly other) Servers leaving it nearly empty all the Time.

Do you know anyone that gets this error? If not then read my previous post.