Sign in to follow this  
freemangl

I brought this game from Bohemia store, but Steam disabled my account

Hi, I brought arma3 from Bohemia store, but Steam disabled my account, so I can't play anymore, any solution?

Don't ask me why steam block my account, because I brought some games doesn't belong to my region.

Unfortunately, if there is a solution, it lies with steam.

Hi, I brought arma3 from Bohemia store, but Steam disabled my account, so I can't play anymore, any solution?

Don't ask me why steam block my account, because I brought some games doesn't belong to my region.

They get pretty peeved at that ;) that's why they shut down the "gifting games" to people in other regions as you could get a friend to buy the game in the USA and gift it to you in your country generally saving $20-30 per game.

Good luck with Steam

Pretty shitty if you ask me. I would understand them possibly rejecting the keys, but banning your account? That is overly harsh.

You should send a support ticket to steam to try and get the issue solved.

As far as I know steam does NOT disable accounts entirely. They simply block you from purchasing or redeeming anymore games on that account.

What kind of evidence do you have that steam has disabled your account and to what extent? And it was not just a case of a stolen steam account.

Also buying steam keys from third party sites have a high chance of being obtained using stolen credit cards which is the primary reason behind steam not allowing you to purchase out of "out of region" keys. The games obtained from stolen cards can get disabled but the steam account is still left usable minus those games. You are also banned from purchasing additional games.

Solution after contacting steam if they cant resolve the issue is to create a new steam account.

I already contact steam support, after 5 DAYS they finally replied:

Our records indicate that you are using this account to purposely bypass regional content restrictions or regional pricing.

Prices in the Steam Store are set on a region by region basis. The price and currency displayed are the set prices for those games based on your location.

We are always working with publishers to adjust prices to be in line with what can be found at local retailers and online shops.

This account was not hijacked or stolen and will not be unlocked.

Unfortunately, we will be unable to assist you further with this issue.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Jeez that sucks. Not like you were even doing anything terrible, no different to me buying a DVD from region 1 from a US outlet instead of region 2 from a UK outlet.

I guess the only thing you can do, if you even wish to continue to support such a draconian system, is to open another Steam account and buy another ArmA 3. Sucks.

So technically is possible, that you simply will be not allowed to use something, that you legally bought.

IMHO that is main problem with software dependent on some third-party online service. So, regardless particular reason here, interesting question is what exactly are you buying, when paying for such kind of software. Possibility of use it, but only as long, as third-party service will allow you on his own rules? IMHO such "conditional use", where any moment this possibility can be taken away for (m)any reasons, is from user side big regress comparing to the regular "box-on-the-shelf" software obtaining (means software, that not need to work any third-party continous "service"), where you are guaranteed to get, what you paid by intention: possibility of use it now and in the future, not dependent on anyone's humor changes. This looks simply more fair to me than situation, where you paid and possibly have nothing in return. Such possibility, if isn't, should be excluded by law as unfair. At the very least there should be assured yours money back regardless of reasons of such situation, but even then all this system "stink" to me.

Edited by Rydygier

I already contact steam support, after 5 DAYS they finally replied:

Then BI messed up with the regions since they're the publisher also. It doesn't make sense that BI would sell the game on their store and get people banned from Steam. It sounds like a mistake.

Wow this sucks.

I don´t know if it would help to contact a lawyer.

I hate Steam :mad:

AND don't forget that if you lose internet you won't be able to play ARMA3 even in SP.

(You have to set up offline BEFORE you dissconnect)

STEAM SUX:mad:

AND don't forget that if you lose internet you won't be able to play ARMA3 even in SP.

I'm italian and i have to say reading the 1st post, Steam works exactely like mafia does

Odd - this is how it works for me:

yes-i-am-offline.jpg

If/when my net cuts out, I just click the offline mode and carry on happy as larry.

The BI store says you only need a Steam account to activate it, If you have already activated it then how can Steam block it ?

What's the point in buying from BI ? It technically makes them a reseller of their own product.

I hate Steam and have always bought games on disc for this very reason, Arma 3 is my only steam purchase and should my internet fail i always have my discs to play SP.

Hmm... actually, this sounds like maybe there is something of a disconnect between BI and Steam. If you think purchasing stuff at the bi store wrecked your steam account, maybe contact Placebo. I think it's certainly something they would want to know about.

Edited by Max Power

A huge reminder of how those monopolists can go berzerk on our asses if we let them into our comfort space.

I´m quite sure having read something on steam guidelines about forbidden usage of proxies to circumvent the localized stores, plus internet storys about guys getting their accounts banned for doing or receiving lots of outer-regional gifts. All this keeps my steam-senses in super-alert mode, wouldn´t even use a shared accounts for the fear of their bullshit, and not buying anything that isn´t discounted harrrd.

It would seem like you used a proxy/vpn to buy from Steam at a lower price? Clear violation of the TOS.

If the issue isn't that then please feel free to drop me an Email and we'll investigate: Placebo@idea-games.com