Sign in to follow this  
l etranger

VTS Simple gesture commo rose

L etranger, is there a non-hardcoded way to replace some of the areas in commo rose ?

I agree on slowing down animation - whole point of them is to be seen so the longer it takes the bigger is chance to see them.

Agreed on slowing them down.

But there's something else that I wanted to talk about which is new motion captured

movement from SP campaign.

Hand signals for helicopter: Approach/land signal

Hand signals for traffic: Direction of going/halt signal

Could this be looked into, observed and told if it could be

added into VTS simple gestures?Maybe on different level...

I've been trying this and it's been a nice addition so far. The only prob I have is the character doing a halt everytime I bring up the gesture-menu.

Is there a way to have the gesture-menu not pause my forward movement?

Agreed on slowing them down.

But there's something else that I wanted to talk about which is new motion captured

movement from SP campaign.

Hand signals for helicopter: Approach/land signal

Hand signals for traffic: Direction of going/halt signal

Could this be looked into, observed and told if it could be

added into VTS simple gestures?Maybe on different level...

This is a good idea. I've been looking at making an addon that does just this. However, there's an "approach", there's a "halt" and there's a "Move Right" (move left for the pilot). But there's no "Move Left" (move right for the pilot) signal. Someone will have to create a new animation for that. Also, there are a bunch of other aircraft instruction signals that aren't present such as "lift off", "hand off to another controller", etc. But there's the salute present. Unfortunately, it seems very difficult to make animations. So I don't see any of these being created unless someone steps up and learns how to do it and does it.

This is a good idea. I've been looking at making an addon that does just this. However, there's an "approach", there's a "halt" and there's a "Move Right" (move left for the pilot). But there's no "Move Left" (move right for the pilot) signal. Someone will have to create a new animation for that. Also, there are a bunch of other aircraft instruction signals that aren't present such as "lift off", "hand off to another controller", etc. But there's the salute present. Unfortunately, it seems very difficult to make animations. So I don't see any of these being created unless someone steps up and learns how to do it and does it.

new tools should bring that functionality right?

Actually the mod is using A3 animation, it would require to make new animation for it to work with.

Thanks for the info!

Sadly animations are a very tricky thing to do without resource. BIS however has got its own MoCap Studio. I dont understand why BIS delievers such animations with a MoCapStudio in their backyard....

It works VERY WELL with gizz46's Command Mod improvement !

Would you care to share how you got them working together? I'd love to have the two in combination! PM sent as well.

@L etranger: I'm guessing you've seen how VBS2 does such things? Have you considered a symbolic gui rather than written words? Personally I think I would prefer it at the bottom of the screen rather than in the middle of it. (UI starts at 1m36s):

Further I'm not only curious about using your gesture addon with another AI guidance system but also spoken apps like Articulate. I wonder if there is a way to create hooks so that when an order is given to AI using another system (voice or otherwise) your animations still take place?

Thanks!

:( Sadly the "control AI with gesture" since the Jan update does NOT seem to work on A3 Regular at least. Does it still work on DEV?

Edited by jgaz-uk