Sign in to follow this  
l etranger

VTS Simple gesture commo rose

I need help please with getting the dialog to open! "~" is not working for me...

Dirty Haz

You may try to reconfigure your user.conf file and change to some other key.

PS.you already try EVERY key in the keyboard,right? because in mine is "\|" since I have european keyboard...

I need help please with getting the dialog to open! "~" is not working for me...

Dirty Haz

"~" is sometimes a misnomer, depending on your keyboard. Try the key to the left of your "1" key, the key that selects all AI. (To select all AI with this addon, use Alt+ whatever-key-is-to-the-left-of-"1" :))

@ L etranger - nice addon :) I'd like to do something similar myself sometime, nice to see someone else do it first & prove the system ;) one problem I have, I'm not seeing the AI react to my rose selection.

Its working now, thanks mate!

Dirty Haz

Do gestures have a range limit at which they affect AI?

It will be pretty uncomfortable to use them if AI that you ordered to stay back 100m away to cover your approach will start running back to you even though you wanted to order only guys that you took with yourself using gestures.

Plus they shouldn't be seen at that distance.

-Go gesture will sent the group ahead up to ~50 meters.

Great addon with only one flaw. Why is there a server key but no signature? :)

EDIT:

Gestures themselves work, but AI won't listen to my gestures.

I tried to have them selected or unselected. Near me, away from me.

Using stable alpha build, may that be the problem?

Edited by Predator.v2

AI respond to all commands (except Yes and No - nothing for them to do).

Get yourselves on DEV build ... then you can see what is coming :)

Do I need to be on the dev build to get AI to respond to my rose orders? I like to stick with stable build :)

Yes and No are not necessary as that can be done with trackIR / free look. Maybe room for some other anims? ;)

Yes and No are not necessary as that can be done with trackIR / free look. Maybe room for some other anims? ;)

Hmmm, I think it's necessary when not everyone has trackIR. Seriously, just because you use something does not mean everyone uses it. If someone doesn't use trackIR (like me), then they aren't going to get trackIR just to nod their head.

Hmmm, I think it's necessary when not everyone has trackIR. Seriously, just because you use something does not mean everyone uses it. If someone doesn't use trackIR (like me), then they aren't going to get trackIR just to nod their head.

Well to be fair he did say free look also :) which is true enough. Personally I can't really see any use for yes/no, given that there are no corresponding question gestures :)

Well to be fair he did say free look also :) which is true enough. Personally I can't really see any use for yes/no, given that there are no corresponding question gestures :)

Well, I've got just a mouse and keyboard, and trying to nod just doesn't seem to work for me... :( So, I appreciate it. It is useless, though. If other's had the addon in an MP server, then it's be pretty ok. Only beef I have (and this is with BIS, not this addon) is that some of the animations are done with the right hand. A soldier is trained to never take his hands off of his weapon. All hand and arm signals are supposed to be given with the left hand.

That's actually one of the most useful addons I saw recently. Especially that it makes the AI commanding bit more easier and friendly. Reminds me of simplicity of AI commanding in Resistance.

Just a suggestion; could you make it so that you can turn off AI reaction via the config file?

I think that I'm not the only one that prefer being able to use the hand signals just for other humans to see, even when being in command of AIs.

Thank you for a cool addon, anyway!

Hi,

I think I could share this, a simple commo rose interface to play Arma 3 gestures. It works in multiplayer and don't need others to have the mod installed to see your gestures. It can be usefull for people playing PVP with ACRE or want to silently communicate.

But the server does have to allow the mod for it to work, right? If that's the case, do you have the signed key thing?

Release 03:

-Added BI Key.

-Added VTS_GESTURE_AI variable in userconfig to let you choose if you want to control AI or not with gesture (On by default).

(first page Link updated).

may i advise that you are labeling the gestures wrong. your "freeze" is actually stop, main difference, freeze means stop any movement remain how you are even if you are standing, this would be used if a flare is popped, if you hit the deck you will give your position away more than if you remain standing. stop means stop and take cover if necessary. your point animation actually means "assault", meaning simply put attack. the move animation, flat palm forward, means i understand if im not mistaking. its been a while since i've used hand signals, last time was in korea with my team. the others seem fine. non then less this is awesome and ill be using it :) great work

EDIT: some gestures that i would like to see

numbers, even if you can just add "1" that way a sniper team could communicate enemy numbers

Edited by Thedog88

I can confirm that the key is now working great, thanks mate! :yay:

Dirty Haz

Edit/Update: It turns out that I did not have the mod running, just tested (with the mod running this time) and got kicked...

Dirty Haz

Edited by Dirty Haz
Edit/Update

oO I tested on a dedicated with verifysignature=2 and everything fine there. Did you update your server key?

Edited by L etranger

Yes. Can you provide a separate download for the new latest key please?

Dirty Haz

Edit/Update: Could it be DEV that is causing the problem?

Dirty Haz

Edited by Dirty Haz
Edit/Update

Hello mate,

Seeing weapon resting getting an update, could you have a look into the commo rose, so that it could take a userconfig? What I mean is that the boxes (could do with perhaps 10 in total) could be changed by players offline. Either that or the scripts DO change depending if on foot, in a vehicle, or in the air. Even to the extent of a multiple rose - press tilde, move mouse to JTAC button (at the bottom) and a new rose replaces, where I can call a target etc, all the while I'm holding the tilde key.

I hope that makes sense. I use the commo rose every day!

Hello mate,

Seeing weapon resting getting an update, could you have a look into the commo rose, so that it could take a userconfig? What I mean is that the boxes (could do with perhaps 10 in total) could be changed by players offline. Either that or the scripts DO change depending if on foot, in a vehicle, or in the air. Even to the extent of a multiple rose - press tilde, move mouse to JTAC button (at the bottom) and a new rose replaces, where I can call a target etc, all the while I'm holding the tilde key.

I hope that makes sense. I use the commo rose every day!

I'm with Kremator on this one. I also use Commo Rose all the time in singleplayer and would love more features/updates.

Commo Rose addon will not reload when reloading a saved game that has the addon in it. This may be the way with other addons as well.

L etranger can you fix this when you have a minute please, or is it a BIS bug ?.