Sign in to follow this  
-=seany=-

Not liking the new Fatigue system - Jogging should not be penalised

If the visual effects bothers anyone enough, I've made a script to disable it - check my signature.

If the visual effects bothers anyone enough, I've made a script to disable it - check my signature.

Thank you for this. I hope the whiners check it out.

In OFP, ArmA1 and ArmA2 the sprinting animation would gradually slow down to jogging speeds if you got tired enough, i would like to see that slow down to walking speeds (same for jogging).

I posted about this in past but no response.I think it looks better when the sprint speed animation slows down and character doesn't drop back to run animation.The reason is IMO it looks off when your under fire and look like your jogging along.With the above mentioned system you look like your runni8ng for your life but your speeds are slower.

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Are you sure? I have never noticed any restriction or slowing down of sprint or jogging speed in OFP/Arma1/Arma2. You can jog or run forever in these games. The only thing added was in the Arma2/OA era, where they included a post process wavey screen effect when you sprinted for a long time.

The sprint speed slows down to even below running speed is what he meant.I guess the reason it slows down to lower than run speed is to force players to leave sprint and run instead.

Are you sure? I have never noticed any restriction or slowing down of sprint or jogging speed in OFP/Arma1/Arma2. You can jog or run forever in these games. The only thing added was in the Arma2/OA era, where they included a post process wavey screen effect when you sprinted for a long time.

There definitely is slowing down of the sprinting speed in OFP, i dont have ArmA1 or 2 installed so i cant be bothered to check those.

What happens is as your tiredness increases, your max sprinting speed slows down gradually to jogging speed. At full exhaustion the sprinting animation will move you forward just as fast as jogging.

Extend this to even slower speeds (so jogging would be at walking speed at full exhaustion) and it would look pretty good, and give a non-disruptive penalty.