Sign in to follow this  
pj[cz]

PJ´s mission pack (SP)

Hello,

here is the first version of my SP mission pack. Currently it contains 3 missions. There are no addons required. These are all quick infantry skirmishes, mainly based on the good ol stuff from OFP/ARMA. There will also be a link to download them in editable form if you need that for whatever reason.

Instalation: Just unzip the "PJ" folder into your missions folder in the games root. In case of those editable, you need to put the three folders into your profile (in documents/arma3) missions folder.

SP version: http://uloz.to/xSpwjPPv/pj-zip

Editable version: http://uloz.to/xStiLccE/pj-editable-zip

-edit-

Armaholic mirror: (thanks for hosting guys)

- PJ´s SP mission pack [ALPHA]

Have fun :P

Known bugs: In the infantry mission beginning the inserting lilbird is apperantly driven by a moron who randomly decides to kill your whole squad, i tried to fix that but so far no luck :(. Any suggestions and bug reports are welcome in this thread.

Edited by PJ[CZ]

Thanks! I finally had time to try these. (Sorry, I can't remember the names of the individual missions.)

I was surprised to find in the first two missions, with squads, that I wasn't the leader of the squad. Unfortunately, when an AI is the leader, they all just rush ahead and get killed, leaving me on my own. Maybe that was the point?

At least, they all died very quickly in the first mission I tried, with the small squad. And I didn't get to the end of it. (I didn't much like the weapon I was given, although I did shoot down that helicopter with it, which kind of surprised me.)

In the mission with the larger squad, most of them died very quickly, but there were two AI still alive by the end of it. Still, in both cases, I would have much preferred being the squad leader. (Don't get me wrong, I still had fun.)

The third mission, trying to steal that armored car by myself, was really neat. I tried it twice (since I died rather quickly the first time), and I was pleased to find that the time of day and insertion point changed. I'm sure the location of the car is randomized, too, isn't it? I must admit that it was a bit frustrating, since I searched the town over and over again to find the vehicle. I was almost out of ammunition, and ready to give up, when I finally found it (and got too anxious, so I was shot and killed right then).

My frustration, though, was mostly because I didn't realize I had to search the whole town for the vehicle. I wasn't expecting that, or I would have searched from the beginning, starting at my insertion point. So I'll definitely play this one again.

Oh, one request: Could you give us a scope for our rifle? That wouldn't be as useful at night, maybe, but it would have made a huge difference during my first attempt, during the daytime.

Anyway, I did have fun with these. Thanks!

Bill