Sign in to follow this  
Pumpkin888

[WIP] Jungle Survival Mission

I got the idea today to make a mission where the idea is to cross a Jungle with no gps, nvg's, and no waypoints. The idea is to make the dual problems of the enemy presence and the confusion of going through a jungle provide an interesting and rather different mission. This is likely a very basic idea to most mission editors, and it is indeed a very easy to produce mission at the moment. There are no frills at the moment and no briefing, effects, or anything of the like. So if this interests you here is what you need to know:

1. You are in charge of a six man force-recon team with 8 clicks of jungle to cross.

2. Your objective is a building which is marked on your map.

3. There are roughly 300 enemy infantry in front of you patrolling the area.

4. The only addons that are required outside of the base Arma 2: CO is the Unsung mod for the SEA island. (As far as I know.)

5. This is an early alpha and I am very open to suggestions for modifying the mission.

6. The mission may not finish correctly, I got 1 click from the target area and had an enemy patrol run into my team while I looked at the map. It should, however there are no guarantees.

7. The mission is attached below.

http://www.mediafire.com/?vybte5do742f2tq

New link available thanks to Armaholic: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20588

Edited by Pumpkin888

You need a briefing. Some sort of story line about the character and what the mission/objective is about because when I started the mission, I had no idea.

Going from point A to point B is not much fun unless you have some idea as to why......your Briefing is completely empty....

Consider making one.....Just my opinion.

I like the concept and might use some of these ideas combined with my Orienteering concept. Might add an interesting twist to them. And, I just discovered that these maps are pretty good for my orienteering concept in itself although there actually might be too little terrain features to find your way. I'll have to investigate the maps more.