Sign in to follow this  
grimwald

NSMSB - Namalsk Stalker Mini Sand Box

G'day everyone. I'm very close to releasing a playable Alpha version of a mini-sandbox set on Namalsk with the Stalker theme. It uses a few add-ons so does require a bit of pre-downloading. Just want to gauge some interest before I put it up for download. Should be ready in three or four days.

Requires:

ARMA2 Operation Arrowhead/Combined Operations with PMC Lite

And Mods:

@NC - Namalsk Crisis (Pathfinder version)

@DAP_Stalker - DAP's port of Stalker models and some other things

@JSRS - Jarhead soundscape

@ACE & @ACEX - plus their dependencies @CBA

@ARP - roleplay items

@RSP - Real Survival Kit, food, water, gathering meat, cooking, containers for same

@Vilas AK mod - a whole bunch of AK variants (dependency of DAP stalker)

@C1987_G3 - Christian's mod with various H&K G3 rifles (dependency of DAP stalker)

@RH Pistols & @RH SMG - Robert Hammer's pistols and SMGs mod - lots of variants.

@Infantry_Armor - because Stalker's need body armor.

Download NSMSB here. It's 1800kb.

Also some YT footage of the mod:

. Edited by Grimwald
Download link

This sounds amazing mate..! :)

I'll give it a look as soon as I'm back with my PC in about 4/5 weeks..! Excellent stuff..!

Wow, this looks like something I've been waiting for since... well, A 2 came out!

Really, don't let yourself get dragged down by some haters that might comment this project or projects in general which try to recreate the gameplay of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or that of the Fallout series. These guys go all like "Why trying to make another game fit into A2? These games do already work fine on their own!" and so on.

But really, I own both S.T.A.L.K.E.R. and Fallout 3 + Fallout New Vegas and always wanted to try if I could make a game character survive if these games had the more realistic approach to gunfights that A 2 offers. Be it just the option to hit the deck and crawl or having a reasonable limit of (ammo) carrying capacity that cannot be circumvented by my stats.

Plus I wanted to play with RSP since it came out, but that system seems to work only to it's full extent if scripted into a mission from the beginning, so besides playing your project I cannot test how well this primary needs concept works in A 2.

Keep your great work up and definitely count me in on the downloaders once this is done!

Sto gram, nastarowje!

touristo

Mission with RSP has a couple of issues:

--Getting meat from animals isn't working in mine.

--RSP dialog for water, hunger, speed, overwrites the normal hint space so it "drowns" out any hint messages.

Haven't had any haters, yet.

Edited by Grimwald

Here's Alpha 0.1 for download.

Requirements as in OP. All credit to the creators of the various add-ons I used is freely and thankfully given for their hard work.

A couple of limitations I haven't overcome yet: getting meat with RSP (everything else seems to work), and the RSP "meters" make the various hints disappear very quickly. (so check your map & tasks).

Edit: Check the readme NSMSB.txt inside the archive. D/L is about 17mb.

Edited by Grimwald

Great job man, a little test this mission on my server and noticed that do not work bolt...

because corrected the problem(added script runbolt.sqf) at this stage of the testing of the mission

Here's Alpha 0.1.fix for download

Edited by docpet

Thanks Docpet. I'll try incorporate that tomorrow. Looks like it has to be run on the unit on initialization, is that right?

When I load your pbo I get an error thrown on CBA_xeh. It's very late so I may just be too tired to think. :-D

G'day everyone. I'm very close to releasing a playable Alpha version of a mini-sandbox set on Namalsk with the Stalker theme. It uses a few add-ons so does require a bit of pre-downloading. Just want to gauge some interest before I put it up for download. Should be ready in three or four days.

I'm sure the interest is/will be great. I'm a huge STALKER fan and have played ARMA for years. I have been playing DayZ recently and started thinking with the STALKER series being essentially dead how cool a ARMA/STALKER mod would be. I Googled it and found Docpet's work, just never knew it existed. I play STALKER/sZone online right now too, it's in beta and really buggy and glitchy but gives me somewhat of a STALKER fix. If you guys got this up and running on a MP server and spread the word I think the interest would be enormous. There would surely be a lot of players who've never played ARMA buying it just for this mod.

@meanmachine, I got your PM and have checked out your blog. Looks really good.

Thanks guys.

Hey this sounds great I all so like the idea it uses ACE :)

Any one got any gameplay footage recent footage that is?

Thanks

@Grimwald, the script is activated through init.sqf using the module functions and logic of the game,

I have error cba_xeh_оа was in the original mission, but I did not give this attention...

The problem with the work of the bolt MP was solved in the forum topic S.t.a.l.k.e.r. mod

the main thing is that bolt works in MP as expected

@Wax, all of this will be in the near future, while there is a test.

Edited by docpet

@docpet

Thanks heaps! I'll be incorporating those fixes later today. Weird on the cba_xeh_oa error because if I run off my pbo don't get the error. Wonder if it's a path name thing?

To all:

I'll be hosting a private server later (~GMT12:30). PM me if interested for details.

@Grimwald, it seems that this is a conflict of missing files from a folder Expansion. The solution of this problem running the beta version of 1.62.102936 and above.

"D:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@NC;@stalker;@JSRS;@JSRS_ACE;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_RU;@ARP2;@RSP;@Infantry_Armor;@CBA;@CBA_CO;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@rh_pistol;@rh_smg;

And still need to clarify what version of the mod used in the Assembly of the mission

I've updated the readme file.

#======================================#
--===[ NSMSB - Namalsk STaLKER Mini SandBox ]===---
    #======================================#
                  Alpha v0.2
-----+---------------------------------------+------
--===[ ...... aka. 5 Days on Namalsk  ...... ]===---
-----+---------------------------------------+------
OVERVIEW
You have landed on Namalsk island after the NAC & UN conflict.
The island is meant to have strange artifacts left around the island.
As a STaLKER you are one of the few who are willing to risk life and freedom to find these and bring them back to the mainland.
Good hunting, STaLKER.
----------------------------------------------------
DESIGN NOTES
Intended for cautious exploratory play where the Bolt is used a great deal.
Loads of stashes with various goodies. Some obvious, some hard to find.
FEATURES
Medkits, antirad, food, water, and a trader.
Artifacts with working protections.
Sleep (works properly only in Single Player).
Co-op (2-4 players).
Nearly a hundred stashes.
Open-world: take the "tasks" or just explore.
Map: Namalsk (by Sumrak)
A mission by Grimwald
http://www.youtube.com/user/stalkerverse
REQUIREMENTS
Core Requirements:
ARMA2 (v1.62.95248) w/ OA, BAF Lite, PMC Lite
Add-ons:
This mission requires lots of mods & add-ons:
CBA, for OA v1.0.0.6 << by various
ACE 1.13 stable, for OA << by various
ACEX 1.13 stable, for OA << by various
Namalsk Crisis (Pathfinder version, full, release 16.10.2012)  << by Sumrak
DAP Stalker mod: which requires;
--  S.t.a.l.k.e.r. Mod for CO by DAP (17.03.2011) http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=3241&catid=65&themeid=0
--  East Europe Weapons Pack von Vilas (06.02.11) http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=1530
--  G3 Projekt von Christian.1987 (v1.0)  http://www.arma2base.de/include.php?path=download&contentid=1558
RH SMG Pack v1.01 << by Robert Hammer & co.
RH Pistol Pack v1.01 << by Robert Hammer & co.
ARP (Arma Role Playing items) v1.2 << by Thedog88
RSP (Real Survival Pack) v1.1 << by Tong -- food, water, starvation, hydration, compliments ACE/ACEX because it requires CBA, uses the same self interaction key (CBA fleximenu), make sure your settings.ace is configured, or you have configured with clippi.exe (ACE).
Add-on command line:
Starting line used in development:
"R:\arma 2\arma2oa.exe" -nosplash "-mod=@CBA;@CBA_OA;@CBA_A2;@NC;@ACE;@ACEX;@DAP_Stalker;@JSRS1.4;@C1987_G3;@Vilas;@RH Pistols;@RH SMG;@Jon_EditorUpdate;@Infantry_Armor;@RSP;@ARP"
Recommended:
JSRS (Lord Jarhead's Real Sounds) v1.4
Infantry Armor
Headphones
A dim setting
Caution
A friend for co-op

This line throws cfgWeapon errors for me:

_unit addWeapon "DAP_ITEMS_SUPPORT";

The bolts should be an easy fix but it's doing my head in. I'm surprised the version difference can break what is seemingly so straight-forward. :confused:

@Grimwald, I know that you will laugh out loud, but in the last six years I had to work a lot in this game and can only say one thing all that is connected with the game STALKER is one big anomaly ;)

The version game 1.62.102936, ACE 1.14.0.589, CBA 1.0.1.196 and this version STALKER mod, there is no error

"_unit addWeapon "DAP_ITEMS_SUPPORT";  
"bin\config.bin\cfgveapons.DAP_ITEMS_SUPPORT"

The only bug that inventory

Installed Beta version, updated CBA, @Stalker, ACE & ACEX. Got rid of xeh error. I'm still unable to figure out the bolts and the DAP_ITEMS_SUPPORT error, though.

The only bug that inventory

Does that mean the only bug are those extra inventory screens that show up like in your Youtube vid?

Yes, and so everything works as expected.

I got docpets original mod running after a few hours by making several changes and fixing my on mistakes. Grimwald, will the other mods required to play NSMSB eventually be included in one file for easier installation? I keep getting errors, missing HPP etc for several mods. I know this is no fault of yours but due to my own inexperience. Great job on what I have seen and I am looking forward to more. Thanks in advance.

Those that will allow inclusion in another pbo are planned to be added. Some mods need tobe loaded befor others. Check the readme for the order and that might help you.

Very pleased to say this is working now. The problem was the Vilas_AK.pbo and the C1987G3.pbo included with that updated @Stalker mod. When I took them out it all came together and even fixed the Real Survival Kit! So I've updated the download link and edited the original post with such.

Edit: now I can't replicate the success I just had... arrgh.

Edited by Grimwald

Maybe I did something wrong I understand, but in version @stalker is dapfix (vilas_aks_dapfix.pbo) in which the terms of\a problem?

I left "vilas_aks_dapfix.pbo" in the directory.

What pbo holds the DAP_ITEMS_SUPPORT? I searched them all with Squint and it couldn't match the string.

You mention using game logic - does that mean a logic module has to be put on the map for the bolts?

I'm disappointed in myself. It worked, everything - bolts and Real Survival - so I immediately saved to a Multiplayer Mission, updated the readme, 7-zipped, and uploaded to my website. Then I posted on the boards. Went back into A2 and exited. Then started up A2 again and tried out the exported pbo and it was like I dreamed it. :confused: I'd assumed that if it works in the editor preview then it'll work after "save as mission". I hope it's all just rookie errors on my part but it does feel like a last second kick in the balls when it looked perfect.

it is in the runbolt.sqf

_unit addWeapon "DAP_ITEMS_SUPPORT";
_unit addWeapon "DAP_THROW_BOLT";

For multiplayer sometimes you need to write a special scripts (separate start for the server and the client) and bolt works in single(editor) and does not work on the server. Might need a generic script for all non-working applications. Yes, the map install the module functions and logic games write the object of the Game Logic

as = [Player,0,0,0,0,0,"DAPSTALKERS_BOLT"] execVM "runbolt.sqf"

module function only the value of the true,

I have everything works bolt, try to change the script

_unit = _this select 0;
_n=0;

if (_unit == player) then 
{

if (!(isMultiplayer)) then {[_unit] execVM "STALKER_DAPMOD\Scripts\SleepManager.sqf";};

[_unit] execVM "DAPMISC\Scripts\EQUIPMENT.sqf";
 _bolttype = _unit getVariable "DAP_BOLTS_UNLIMITED";

if (isNil("_bolttype")) then 
 {
   _unit addMagazine "DAPSTALKERS_BOLTS_LIMITED";
   _unit addEventHandler ["Fired",{_this execVM "DAPMISC\Scripts\LIMITEDBOLT.sqf"}]; 
 };

if ((!(isNil("_bolttype"))) and (_bolttype==1)) then 
 {
   _unit addMagazine "DAPSTALKERS_BOLTS"; 
   _unit addEventHandler ["Fired",{_this execVM "DAPMISC\Scripts\BOLT.sqf"}]; 
 };

_unit addWeapon "DAP_THROW_BOLT";
};

Edited by docpet

Thanks docpet. I'll try get that sorted tonight once home. Although your screenshot is in cyrillic (I guess) alphabet it should be enough for me to figure out. Hope I have a "smart" moment and get it fixed! :-D

All that's left is the bolts since I've got RSP working (still to test IV bag).

edit: how to get bolts working?:

So I add a "game logic" object. The Game Logic will have this code:

_nul = [Player,0,0,0,0,0,"DAPSTALKERS_BOLT"] execVM "runbolt.sqf"

I can see a module function connected by a line to the game logic.

What goes in the module function?

Edited by Grimwald
questions

@docpet

Maybe you can mod my mission and get bolts working in MP? Then I'll test and redo the link.

Edited by Grimwald

I'm sorry man could not immediately answer, all night the whole brigade were sitting in the metro last light, do Not understand what's your problem bolts in MP...

here is the link NSMSB.namalsk

Edited by docpet