Sign in to follow this  
grimwald

NSMSB - Namalsk Stalker Mini Sand Box

If I new what the issue was I'd fix it. :-) So far I've done what you say and it won't work in my environment. The bolts are there, no specific errors, they just aren't available to select as a weapon type to be thrown. *shrug*

It seems, from what little I know, that the class for Bolts probably isn't complete if there's these special setup issues for MP.

Do other items need all this extra configuration to be available in MP?

RSP is working fully, which is nice.

Thanks for your help, docpet, I hope to test and update the link tonight.

To those lurking and waiting for these issues to be resolved, d/l the mission anyway and have a go. The island is not setup to be an infestation of anomalies and you can acquire a detector pretty early (if you follow the diary tasks).

Does not throw the bolt on a dedicated server or in the editor of the multiplayer?

Strangely, I have on your mission bolt, anomalies running a dedicated server, etc.

Maybe some of the mod should be divided into the part of the server and the client.

You can record the video how it RSP is working fully

And yet how it works immune - "If the right type of artifact is detected then I can make the player immune to certain anomalies"

When:

Hosting a server, no bolt can be selected to be thrown.

Running a MP session through editor, no bolt can be selected to be thrown.

So "F" will cycle through weapon types but never select Bolts.

Vid's are a good idea. Will make some soon. :-)

Well then I don't understand, I have everything works, except for the respawn (may need a script to start runbolt.sqf)[not looking as implemented respawn in the mission]

Thanks for all your help and providing the files. Maybe it's my version of A2 + all the add-ons is not fully compatible?

A2 v1.62.103718

CBA v1.0.1.196

ACE v1.14.0.592

Wondering if anyone else had tried this and what results they have got? Please share if you are lurking. :-)

---------- Post added at 20:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:47 ----------

Here's

, with demonstration of:

Cutting wood

Making fire

Getting meat from animal

Cooking meat

Drinking (reducing thirst)

Eating the cooked meat (reducing hunger)

Will there be an all in one donwload instead of the many serprate mods?

I like the idea of it using ACE etc.

Only reason I ask about an all in one is me mates can be fussy about downloading loads of files to play missions.

All those pbo's that can be included, shall be, depending on the readme.txt included with the add-on. For those not fond of downloading & managing lots of add-ons they could try a add-on manager & download app like SixUpdater, PlayWithSix, Yoma, etc.

Thanks for the input I really want to play the MP side of this mission.

I have seen quite a few downloads. Any feedback?

Quick Feedback from playing with other than just the required mods:

the RSP survival system WILL break after a cycle of play - save game - quit game for RL - load game. It does not work at all; even the messages that inform about hunger/thirst/speed are gone then.

Also, even though it works partly before saving and quitting, I cannot get meat from the wild pigs. I know I need a knife, and since you did not provide one at mission start, I tried and played with the Loadout Editor (LEA) Mod, there I can create a backpack that has a knife, an axe and whatever else may be missing. I noticed that you find an axe right at the start, but I found no knife, so I gave me an outfit with LEA with K-BAR knife and axe. When I walked up to the pig, there was no option to kill it or make meat from it, so I shot it, but still no options with the corpse. On the other hand, chopping wood from the timber worked. But making a campfire did not. How do I make fire from the logs?

I could get water to refill my canteen from the fresh water barrels at the first camp you are supposed to check. But I wonder if there are any inventory pictures for Antirad and the Medkits? Plus, the medkits do not work - even if I start a game without my beloved ASR Appendix mod that gives the ACE wounding system. But now I will, to check if any of my other mods are the fault, start a game with just the recommended mods and then I will write again if in such a setup I could make the survival system work.

Stay tuned, and thanks for your devotion to this cool mission,

touristo

Hey Touristo,

RSP has that bug where it's disabled if you hit the Escape key and the main menu comes up. I don't know what to do about it

There's a number of stashes (caches) hidden around that contain not only a knife but ammo and food, too, in Brensk.

Taking meat from boars, etc. was fixed when I updated to a recent beta and also update ACE to the latest version. I think RSP was written for different cba_xeh version.

Making fire, need two logs in your inventory, and then can make it with self-interaction menu. Could be part of the Beta/ACE version issue I had.

Using ASR with NSMSB I have no idea what conflicts might occur. It's easily possible that ASR is preventing the medkits from working.

Let me know how you go without ASR & the other mods.

Thanks for feedback.

I'm working up another version incorporating DAP's newest Stalker mod release. Have already removed RSP (food, hydration, survival) since it is unreliable and I don't have the skills to fix it. Unfortunately it looks like ACE breaks medkits and backpacks. Since that is used a lot in NSMSB (mainly for gear) it'll take a lot longer to remove ACE from the mission. However, if I could figure out how to use DAP's medkits through the ACE Self Interaction menu then it could be a work-around.

Hey Grimwald,

stopped playing NSMSB for the time because knowing there are cool features that don't work in your game is somehow worse than not having these features at all...

But I'm looking forward to the new version without RSP!

Regarding the medkits I know that such scripts CAN work alongside the full ACE Medical System. I play the Apocalypse mission a lot and I use ASR Appendix to give me the ACE MEdical System into the mission. But the proprietary medical script of Apocalypse that features full-healing med kits. These use the normal action menu and still work fine - I can choose if I use ACE medical system via ACE Interaction keys or those medikits via standard action menu, both work fine.

I have been unable to find the usage examples I require to enable the ACE interaction menu to trigger medkits. :(

For those who might be watching the thread:

I'm wondering what parts you found were good about NSMSB?

What missions did you find?

What missions have you completed?

How many stashes have you found? (without checking via the editor)