Sign in to follow this  
bob_gneu

Helicopter Transportation Script [RC 1]

I've updated the above scripts to cater for the newly discovered Vehicles and Helos' in the Beta.

As have I =)

1.4 is up. http://projects.gneu.org/arma/HelicopterTransport1.4.Stratis.zip

Thank you for taking charge. I will get this into git hub and then into my CI environment so this is updated easier. Shame they felt the need to rename the vehicles. =\

Notes:

There are now four classifications of vehicle.

The mohawk is playing the role the chinook will once we go gold. At which time ill shift the Mohawk down to 3.

The PO-30(What used to be the KA-60) and the KA-50/Rooivalk bastard child are considered class 3.

The Ghost hawk is now a class 2 transport

The MH 9 is still a class 1 transport

The others are all considered attack helicopters and unable to carry a load.

You can see the groupings here: 9043987667AF26E86DAA19AA2B716A2C7561F024

As before all vehicles are able to be transported, based upon approximate weight, pigeon holed.

Current bugs:

* Mohawk alignment is a problem.

* Dropping the subs (Yes the subs) causes them to tumble in certain circumstances.

Thanks for informing us about the update :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

===================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hi,

thx for this really usefull Script !

I tried in the Editor and at the Moment i can attach all Vehicles to all Choppers without editing your Scripts :(.

The Helicopter(Transport) classes not working for me.

So is it possible to give only one Helicopter Class the Transport Job ? For example the mohawk ?!

thx in advance

greetings

ok solved

if (_x isKindOf "I_Heli_Transport_02_F") then

For the Future you should think about a "drop with Parachute" Option for this nice Script. thx again.

Edited by [J4F] Thunder666

Thunder666;2425869']For the Future you should think about a "drop with Parachute" Option for this nice Script. thx again.

Thanks. It has been on my board for weeks.

Before i do that i would like to have the load change the dynamics of the helicopter, or sway/twist while moving.

Sorry bob_gneu,

I've taken my post down as I didn't mean to tread on your toes.

Many thanks for the updated scripts.. one of my fav's.

You don't need to apologize. This is a script, you are now a contributor. Without help things like this die or go the way of VHS tapes.

When I deach a vehicle, my helicopter is destroyed, Why is this happening?

I really have no idea. Can you send me your mission, let me know what helicopter and what vehicle you are deaching? It is likely due to offsets.

Also, just a heads up, there are some issues with the script on the dev branch that I am looking into.

I really have no idea. Can you send me your mission, let me know what helicopter and what vehicle you are deaching? It is likely due to offsets.

Also, just a heads up, there are some issues with the script on the dev branch that I am looking into.

*not the exploding heli guy*

Thanks for your script, I'm using the DEV build of the game, and noticed errors coming through the script. When I press "Q" and start up the heli, error is on transportCheck.sqf: line 24, _target is invalid or something..

Also the classification of the heli and vehicles are not working in DEV build, any heli can pickup any of the vehicles.

I know nothing about these arma scripts..they give me a headache everytime I look at them..(I studied some C++, C#), but these really don't make sense to me.

really love this script tho..it makes missions much more better.. since the actual game doesn't provide any fast redeployment for vehicles.

*not the exploding heli guy*

Thanks for your script, I'm using the DEV build of the game, and noticed errors coming through the script. When I press "Q" and start up the heli, error is on transportCheck.sqf: line 24, _target is invalid or something..

Also the classification of the heli and vehicles are not working in DEV build, any heli can pickup any of the vehicles.

I know nothing about these arma scripts..they give me a headache everytime I look at them..(I studied some C++, C#), but these really don't make sense to me.

really love this script tho..it makes missions much more better.. since the actual game doesn't provide any fast redeployment for vehicles.

I have been looking at the problems and am still tweaking things. I will try to get a fix out in the next week (i am currently moving into my new house, so my desktop is indisposed atm).

Cheers. I will be back!

If you want to get rid of the errors.

Edit line 22 scripts\player\transportCheck.sqf

Change it from:

_target = (nearestObjects [_vehicle, g_transport_transportable, g_transport_distance_cap * g_transport_forgiveness_multiplier]) select 0;

To:

waitUntil {_target = (nearestObjects [_vehicle, g_transport_transportable, g_transport_distance_cap * g_transport_forgiveness_multiplier]) select 0; !isNil "_target"};

And then edit line 9 scripts\transport\attach.sqf (this is actually just a mistake because it was a mistyping of the space between them.

Change from:

if (isNull_target) exitWith {};

To:

if (isNull _target) exitWith {};

And it should become error free and work fine.

Nice job by the way, Was using this in something I was working on and figured i'd share the code changes to fix the errors and save you a bit of time.

If you want to get rid of the errors.

Edit line 22 scripts\player\transportCheck.sqf

Change it from:

_target = (nearestObjects [_vehicle, g_transport_transportable, g_transport_distance_cap * g_transport_forgiveness_multiplier]) select 0;

To:

waitUntil {_target = (nearestObjects [_vehicle, g_transport_transportable, g_transport_distance_cap * g_transport_forgiveness_multiplier]) select 0; !isNil "_target"};

And then edit line 9 scripts\transport\attach.sqf (this is actually just a mistake because it was a mistyping of the space between them.

Change from:

if (isNull_target) exitWith {};

To:

if (isNull _target) exitWith {};

And it should become error free and work fine.

Nice job by the way, Was using this in something I was working on and figured i'd share the code changes to fix the errors and save you a bit of time.

Thank you, i had some similar changes, but i think yours are more straight forward. The problem I am trying to get around is the changing IDs. Every change makes the filtering & categorization get screwed up. Any thoughts on how to do that? Do we have a full listing of the tree of config elements?

Does anyone know how to implement this in the Invade and Annex mission by Ahoy World? I've been having great difficulty implementing this set of scripts on our server. If someone would be willing to modify our mission file that would be a great help. Any tips or help is greatly appreciated.

First off, thank you for the excellent script! Also thanks to Tonic, that fixed the errors. However, randomly I get the same error that wildw1ng posted. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Also to add it to invade and annex, I simply just followed the instructions. I designated one of the choppers by class name in the classify to be the only one able to attach and detach vehicles and I then I edited my vehicle respawn script. I did the changes that Tonic explained and it's been working fine except for that error @ line 22. Any help would be kindly appreciated!

First off, thank you for the excellent script! Also thanks to Tonic, that fixed the errors. However, randomly I get the same error that wildw1ng posted. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Also to add it to invade and annex, I simply just followed the instructions. I designated one of the choppers by class name in the classify to be the only one able to attach and detach vehicles and I then I edited my vehicle respawn script. I did the changes that Tonic explained and it's been working fine except for that error @ line 22. Any help would be kindly appreciated!

The script works fine for me in MP except when anyone respawns, then I get the line 22 error message.

I think it's to do with JIP and respawning in MP.

The script works fine for me in MP except when anyone respawns, then I get the line 22 error message.

You are correct. I am working on sorting out this issue as we speak. Be back with some updates one way or another.

You are correct. I am working on sorting out this issue as we speak. Be back with some updates one way or another.
Great news Bob. Keep up the good work.

Are any of you interested in being guinea pigs?

If so, add me on gtalk (bob.chatman@gmail.com) or skype (bchatman) I think we can sort this out on sunday if we are crafty enough.

Hi guys,

thanks a lot bob. This script is awesome. I discovered some errors but the post of Tonic-_- helped me out so far. But now I found a new problem.

I can only pick up one vehicle. After I did and then change the Chopper it wont give me the option anymore.

Hope you can find out whats wrong with it

Many Greetings

Moony

After I did and then change the Chopper it wont give me the option anymore.

put this in your vehicle respawn script:

_unit setDir _dir;

[b][i]		/* Helicopter Transportation Script */
	[[[_unit],"scripts\transport\classify.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;[/i][/b]

_dead = false;

// Check respawn amount
	if !(_noend) then {_rounds = _rounds + 1};

I don't mean when the helicopter respawns. I mean just when I swap the Helicopter (frome an Orca to a Little Bird (I normally test it whit quads))

But about your script, I have a similar script at that possition:

[[[_unit],"scripts\transport\classify.sqf"],"BIS_fnc_execVM",true,false] spawn BIS_fnc_MP;

Should I swap it?

I don't get that when players respawn but I do when the chopper respawns - effectively making it a 1 time deal.

EDIT: And I don't use a respawn script - I'm currently relying on the BIS vehicle respawn module.

I don't get that when players respawn but I do when the chopper respawns - effectively making it a 1 time deal.

EDIT: And I don't use a respawn script - I'm currently relying on the BIS vehicle respawn module.

Confirmed Desrat. Nothing to do with the Player re-spawning. The re-spawned helo is not picking up the 'scripts\transport\classify.sqf'.

I too used the default BIS vehicle respawn module with this in the init of the module

nul =[this] execVM "scripts\transport\classify.sqf";

But no luck.

Anyone got any suggestions on how to call 'scripts\transport\classify.sqf' from the init of the BIS vehicle respawn module?

---------- Post added at 10:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

As a test, I just set the BIS vehicle respawn module init to

this setDamage 1;

Which if you understand, should, when the vehicle respawns...

BLOW it up!.

However it didn't.

Is the init settings in the BIS vehicle Respawn module actually working?