Sign in to follow this  
bluedrake42

Ugh. Focus on fixing controls.

Alright, I love how you guys are trying to move in the right direction, however sometimes you take a step forward, but simultaneously take a step back.

For instance, I LOVE that you added a default "freelook" option for vehicles (now please add a option for default running/walking) but now that you've done that, I can't fly helicopters.

I rely on the mouse to fly my helicopter, and enabling the "freelook" option makes it impossible to steer the helicopter.

Now if you could please add an option to bind "adjust up" and "adjust down" instead of the single "adjust" bind we'd be golden.

Edit:

Also I'm constantly finding other things, like for instance I can't debind the controls for "Q" and "E" from "Order Move Slow" and "Order Move Fast," what is that about?

Edited by Bluedrake42

I LOVE that you added a default "freelook" option for vehicles (now please add a option for default running/walking) but now that you've done that
What d'you mean 'added' freelook? It's always been there just press alt?
I can't fly helicopters.

I rely on the mouse to fly my helicopter, and enabling the "freelook" option makes it impossible to steer the helicopter.

again, just bind everything normally and use alt?
Also I'm constantly finding other things, like for instance I can't debind the controls for "Q" and "E" from "Order Move Slow" and "Order Move Fast," what is that about?
It's an Alpha?

There is a line in your profile cfg file that allows you to enable freelook by default, so that you don't have to press ALT. But the OP can simply disable that in the configs.

no guys come on, check the game settings. there's an option to enable freelook by default in-game. but when you have that enabled, you can't disable it with the normal "freelook" binding

also you don't understand, there is NO bind for Adjust up and Adjust down. there's only Adjust. I don't like holding down "Adjust" + W or S to change stance. I'd rather just bind keys to it

In options there is a switch to set freelook always on in vehicles so that when you get in a vehicle the mouse no longer steers but moves the view around.I think he wants it so that if he then presses the freelook key the mouse then steers.

there is NO bind for Adjust up and Adjust down. there's only Adjust. I don't like holding down "Adjust" + W or S to change stance. I'd rather just bind keys to it

+1 for this. Separate adjust up/down/left/right keys are needed. Not everyone is happy with ctrl + WASD key combo..

Simple really, just double tap your ALT key and it should disable freelook while you're driving/flying something. Unless they removed that option with the latest updates.

Simple really, just double tap your ALT key and it should disable freelook while you're driving/flying something. Unless they removed that option with the latest updates.

Tested and that doesn't work in latest dev build. Basically, I think his issue is that he likes the default mouse freelook option as you don't need to double tap ALT manually when driving land vehicles. But he is also using mouse for flying and would like to disable this with double tap for helicopters. And that doesn't work when you have default freelook enabled in options.

Tested and that doesn't work in latest dev build. Basically, I think his issue is that he likes the default mouse freelook option as you don't need to double tap ALT manually when driving land vehicles. But he is also using mouse for flying and would like to disable this with double tap for helicopters. And that doesn't work when you have default freelook enabled in options.

yes exactly <3