Sign in to follow this  
lightspeed_aust

Operation Powderburn

fzkCYZe.png

Say goodbye to the Ghosts - witness the dawn of Viper Team a multi-national force established to destroy a $2 billion cocaine trade.

Hi folks

I got some inspiration recently to get back into mission editing and have decided to do a remake of an old campaign I did from Ghost Recon. The campaign centred around the Golden Triangle - narcotics trade in Asia and the Ghosts efforts to bring down the Drug Ring. Same idea as CIA and Delta Force operating in Colombia.

However, this campaign will take place on an island off West Africa cracking a cocaine trade- landscape being jungle in most places with some dry areas to the sth-east. Yes, I'll be using Lingor for these missions. But the enemy will be a blend of African and Sth American forces. Sound far fetched? Not really - take a look at this (the story that sparked my desire to mission create again) - http://www.thenational.ae/news/world/africa/latino-drug-lords-find-african-allies

Now I don't know if I'll use the term Ghosts anymore (even though it's been my trademark in mission making for Arma to date) but the style of mission will be the same. Special forces operations, multiple objectives generally to be completed in the order you see fit (plenty of replayability).

There will be some stealth, demolitions, rescues and captures, all the good stuff and nothing boring. Battleground extended for these missions to radius of about 2000 metres max - so more area to cover without being painfully boring.

I am reworking some of my Island Thunder missions so you will have similar feel but totally new mission objectives, insertions - just new and better.

So far I have about 5-6 missions in a good state but will take my time to make sure this is the best of my creations so far.

Would love some assistance creating the splash screens (paas) - PM me and I'll tell you what I need.

My mate wombat50 from GR.Net has already offered to do a new promo trailer to get the drool forming at edge of mouth. :)

12-man coop campaign in Arma 2 vanilla first, then will modify from there eventually into Arma3.

Stay tuned,

Lighty.

Edited by Lightspeed_aust

Um, so this is all coop and no SP like you've done in the past?

Nice to see that you back to mission editing.

@Kommiekat

You can play Coop campaign/mission in SP, its not a problem in 99% of cases.

very good news! be advised,the island thunder campaign is unplayable right now...it cannot be started.

Looking forward to it! We on CiA desperately hoping you'll build your missions and design them around the no-respawn (or GROUP respawn type) concept. Your GR campaign really shined with Group respawn.

Good news :)

Um, so this is all coop and no SP like you've done in the past?

SP won't b forgotten.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

very good news! be advised,the island thunder campaign is unplayable right now...it cannot be started.

You won't miss Island Thunder after this :)

Looking forward to it! We on CiA desperately hoping you'll build your missions and design them around the no-respawn (or GROUP respawn type) concept. Your GR campaign really shined with Group respawn.

Group re spawn works really well, just tested it.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 AM ----------

SP tested, so should suit the needs of SP players.

Mission one tested on CIA server tonite (thanx guys) and besides a minor hitch with getting AI to follow it all went really well.

3 missions done and dusted so far and feels just like Island Thunder!!

I am using garrison script around buildings and for most patrols and they are a lot more unpredictable and realistic in movement imho.

Great news Lightspeed! CiA ready to test :)

Tested Mission 2 today with CiA and a couple of minor tweaks and she's good to go.

4 missions ready so far.

2 tested with the team at CiA and some minor tweaks implemented.

Moving away from the Ghosts, I have settled on Viper Recon and working on a new logo now.

Lingor 1.5 has opened new mission locations up.

I've spent the last week rewriting some briefs in a new template which works better for MP - thanks to advice from CiA. Ensures all JIP players get updated briefs so everyone stays in touch with current and completed objectives. Also the whole brief and other bits and pieces are just a lot cleaner all round.

I also have the splash screens done thanx to a friend of mine. And also the Viper-1 logo to represent this new era of Ghosts.

ughghg finally got mission 4 updated in new format. what a pain in the a$$ but worth it in the end.

the next 4 or 5 missions should be easier now.

---------- Post added at 11:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 PM ----------

and mission 5,6 and 7 are basically ready - I had made them previously but never released so now I will. :)

Anyone know what has happened to Lighty? He dropped off the radar about June 1st.

Sounds really cool Aust! Looking forward to seeing it released, you know I enjoy stuff based on the real-world...

I'm still here wombat, had some real life stuff and getting tired of not being able to find ppl to coop with at times when I can play.

But will continue work on Mission 6-10 shortly.

I'm still here wombat, had some real life stuff and getting tired of not being able to find ppl to coop with at times when I can play.

Good news. Real life is the No. 1 gaming disturbator!""§!$&23:16_6_8:

No problems Lighty. Was a bit worried so it's good to know you are still alive and kickin'.

About to recommended work on the last5 missions. Had a good break from mission making. Ready for Arma 3 now :)