Download Suicide Bomber Script

This is a simple suicide bomber script I've spent a few mins on as a response to another thread. This is fully compatible with ArmA3, and ArmA2/OA.

[bomber,[CIVILIAN,WEST,EAST,RESISTANCE],"grenadeHand"] execVM "suicideBomber.sqf"; //The unit you want to be the bomber, the sides you want the bomber to attack, classname of explosive you want to use

The suicide bomber will run to the nearest unit of the specified side, and will proceed with the bombing using the explosive classname provided.

If the suicide bomber is killed before the explosive detonates, then the explosive is deleted.

Get it from Armaholic!

news_download_a3_3.png

Edited by zooloo75

Thanks, This is exactly what I needed. You rock man :yay:

No problem, thought others could use this as well!

Thanks Foxhound! :)

I may actually use this. Thanks!

Im getting

: Type Script, Expect Nothing

If you run it from the editor you need a script handle.

0 = [bomber,[CIVILIAN,WEST,EAST,RESISTANCE],"grenadeHand"] execVM "suicideBomber.sqf"; 

---------- Post added at 08:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

woah old thread

Would love to get this working but the bomber actually keeps running away from the target and never blows up even if i catch up to him?

When i try to run that script i get:

Error undefined variable in expression: _bomber

..suicideBomber.sqf, line 4

Any idea why this happens?

Thanks in advance

Most probable cause: Because you called the script with wrong parameters.

But honestly with all my respect to the author (which is a great scripter) I see a few failures in this script.

• A WaitUntil  does not check if the bomber has been shot while he approaches.
  • If the target has been killed while he's approaching, he will go and detonate anyway, killing a unit already killed.
  • The bomber should be in captivity to avoid being shot (assuming you want to make some kind of terrorist action)
  • An undefined variable is spawned in line 24
  • The bomber will probably refuse to move very close to their targets if they are on an enemy side from him.

I suggest to make the following changes in suicidebomber.sqf:

Line 18:

waitUntil {(_bomber distance _pos < 15) or (!alive _bomber) or (!alive(nearUnits select 0))};

Line 24:

[_bomber,_explosive] spawn {_bomber = _this select 0; _explosive = _this select 1; sleep 2; _bomber say3D "shout"; _explosive setDamage 1; _bomber addRating -10000000;};

About how good the suicide bomber will approach to his target, it depends a lot on your scenario, the easiest way is to make the bomber civilian so he will be "undercover", if you want to make military kamikaze action, it's another story.

Wrong.

Read the first post has the instructions on how to use the script. Not very deep explained but definetly different than your way :)

Place in the editor a unit and call it bomber.

Put a couple CSAT groups near him.

Then on any radio activated trigger or whatever way you want, activate it putting this:

[bomber,[EAST],"grenadeHand"] execVM "suicideBomber.sqf";

• Like 1