Sign in to follow this  
777eza

[MOD] World War ArmA - wip

World War ArmA

About

World War ArmA is a territory conquest multiplayer mod where two or more country (or factions) fight it out for control of the most land. Each country (or faction) has a home island that's unconquerable. It serves as a spawn point and a place to buy equipment, the home islands are on opposite ends of each other, in between them is the mainland. The mainland is broken up into regions, each region varies in size and shape and at the center of the each region lies a building of interest that can be captured. Each region only has one building of interest in it. There are essentially three building of interests, Town Halls, Outpost and Forward Operation Base. Town Halls are in the center of a town and are the hardest to defend but generate the most money. Outpost generate little money but are easier to defend. Forward Operational Bases (FOB) don't generate any money but are the easiest to defend, they also serves as a spawn point and a place to buy equipment just like your home island. Money generates every hour or half an hour (still undecided), at which points it adds up all the money territory's generate for your country (faction) owns and pays all players online, so the more land you own the more money you get. If you die you will have to start a new character you lose all you gear and money, but not to fear you start off with a bit off money to buy some basic gear and weapons.

Variations

I originally thought of this mod as a WWII mod, but decided to take a smaller bite and see if I can get the "system" out then go from there. I'd love to see different variations of this mod, weather its a WWII, eighteen hundreds or even star wars themed theres practically endless variations that can be done for this mod.

I Need Your Help!

Sadly I'm just a modeler not a programer (not yet anyways), so the release of this mod is unsettling. However I'm stubborn so if I have to do it myself I will, it will just take a while. This is where this great community comes in, there are enough people in this community with the skills required to help me release this mod, its just a matter of getting there attention. I hope this mod/idea is good enough for them to just want to help I know for me personality, this game mode could be the funnest one yet however my opinion is a bit bias. I also haven't done a mod for ArmA before, the ArmA games slipped through my fingers till three, also I haven't done a mod of this scale and require a bit of assistance there, any help with be greatly appreciated.

Wow I have mentioned this same thing. If you want a dedicated server, I have a box. Let me know.

I like the concept, it kinda reminds me of Planetside. If I had to naysay though I'd point out that that type of gameplay is only really fun when you have a lot of players and/or bots to give it the feeling of large scale warfare.