Sign in to follow this  
LauryThorn

Once again we are threatened

Spotted this from slashdot.org.

It's about 2 kilometers wide, and if it hits Earth, it will cause "continent-wide

devastation" and global climate changes.

So if it's heading for Europe, maybe I should start taking the "how to get a green card" spam mails more seriously!

Good news is that it probably won't hit Earth after all, and even if it

did, we have still 17 years to repent our sins.

Thanks god we got Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck then! They will safe us, no? (and Bruce WIllis will die)

Another opportunity for Bush to justify the construction of new attomic balisitic-missiles. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks god we got Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck then!<span id='postcolor'>

I considered referring to them, but couldn't remember the names.

Thanks!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Another opportunity for Bush to justify the construction of new attomic balisitic-missiles. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I can see him speaking about "war on asteroids", or "intergalactical terrorist

asteroid web", or the "axis of evil asteroids", ..

biggrin.gif

Doomed! doooomed! we're all doomed!...

Let the looting begin  tounge.gif

On another note, I can imagine we will be seeing a knee-jerk reaction from around the world and expect to see all rocks above a certain size incarcerated for crimes against humanity.  biggrin.gif

Oh no, not again! Not another "oooh... Bush is so naughty and stupid....I'm a hippie ooooh" thread. I bet a million bucks you guys will blame him if the Asteroid hits us.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thanks god we got Bruce Willis and Ben Affleck then! They will safe us, no? (and Bruce WIllis will die)

<span id='postcolor'>

Yes this makes me sleep much better at night. Bruce should still be in good fightin' age in 2019!biggrin.gif

...I just thought of something spooky, isn't the world supposed to end around then according to the mayan calendar or something. Any doomsday enthusuasts in here?

Who can say? I suppose we'll all know by the time 2019 comes around, be a bit of bugger if it does happen though. I quite fancied living in the year 2020, it just has a funky ring to it. smile.gif

I'd be really ticked off if the world ended before I had a chance to cruise around town in my very own hover car like in the Jetsons or in Back to the Future 2. They promised me dammit... biggrin.gif

Indeed, if the world ends before I get my very own shirt that dries itself, hoverboard, and my very own robot sex-slave <oops> I mean maid... I shall be most upset and have to have a good long talk with the cosmic authorities. mad.gifsmile.gif

Actually I remember my Scientology teacher having spoken about the bad Asteroid that will destroy us shortly before I had to give him my paycheck. Damm he was right! tounge.gif

(no, in reality I grew up in Jesuit Boarding schools which are barely better than Scientology!wink.gifbiggrin.gif

If we are all gonna die anyway I'm gonna make a pass at that jolie woman .... she seems to be single tounge.gif

I honestly hope for a total wipeout of earth, nuclear apocolypse, giant asteroide, mad scientist.....anything for gods sake, im bored to death, i wanna live in a post-apocalyptic world scavenging for food, and making a living out of hunting mutants.

No joke, thats my dream.

So you kind of want to be The Road Warrior? biggrin.gif Or the Postman?

"hunting mutants"....I suppose it would be a nice change of pace for a while. Not your average office drab. I'd miss my high speed internet connection though. Perhaps if only half the earth was inflicted by doomsday it would be better. You could hunt mutants during the summer, then go home and play OFP when you feel like taking a break. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ July 24 2002,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No weirder than any other religion.<span id='postcolor'>

True enough, although it's the only one that makes it so blatently obvious. Although I do agree, they're all equally wierd. tounge.gif

Better go and start making a list of stuff I want to do before I get flattened by a large chunk of space debris then...

/me wanders off humming 'Can't Stop the Rock' by Apollo440...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lazarus_Long @ July 24 2002,15:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"hunting mutants"....I suppose it would be a nice change of pace for a while. Not your average office drab.  I'd miss my high speed internet connection though.   Perhaps if only half the earth was inflicted by doomsday it would be better.  You could hunt mutants during the summer, then go home and play OFP when you feel like taking a break. biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

That would be kinda cool yes, then i could arrange safari-mutant-hunting trips for rich OFP players that wanna see some real action.

I'd rather have it just miss the earth and go and "hunt" ladies smile.gif Summer rules, short skirts, short tops. Those mutants cant possibly be as nice looking as some of the woman walking around here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ July 24 2002,14:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">No weirder than any other religion.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh, I guess a real member might be hiding here. I hope you dont start to recruit soon, after you brainwashed all of us?  tounge.gif

BTW: I just told my lawyer to buy the copyright of the asteroid, so if it comes near earth noone is allowed to show pictures of it without paying me! Furthermore you will not be able to shout in public: "look there the asteroid is coming" or "I think the asteroid is gonna kill us" without owing me money. Yeah, even death is gonna cost ya!   biggrin.gif

Good plan. I've got dibs on the copyright for the words 'mutant' and 'headache', in preparation for the aftermath. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Albert Schweizer @ July 24 2002,17:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">BTW: I just told my lawyer to buy the copyright of the asteroid, so if it comes near earth noone is allowed to show pictures of it without paying me! Furthermore you will not be able to shout in public: "look there the asteroid is coming" or "I think the asteroid is gonna kill us" without owing me money. Yeah, even death is gonna cost ya!   biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Can i point to the sky, and run around screaming "the end is neigh" ?

But seriously if it does really hit the earth in 17 years i gotta start doing stuff, getting laid, write a book, bungie jump and take over England in serveral small but effective viking raids.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hovmand @ July 24 2002,17:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">But seriously if it does really hit the earth in 17 years i gotta start doing stuff, getting laid, write a book...<span id='postcolor'>

But who will be around to read it? Unless your planning to write a book on survival in a post-bigrockflattenedplanet scenario? biggrin.gif

Guys, chill. The rock passed us in 1980 and that time it was supposedly closer than this time. The chance of it hitting was 1 in 100 000 or whatever...So, I really doubt we are in any kind of danger.