Sign in to follow this  
Oxedom

Should kids be able to play Arma if they are mature?

Do you think kids should be able to play Arma 2,3 if they are Mature and teamplayers? I have a friend that often gets put down by people because of his age even though he is a great player that is very nice

No, the Game isn't rated for the use of minors.

You should use your youth to play and advance real life skills.

Officially game is 16+ and let's stop here.

Unless player gives us reason, we won't question his age. Let's just say "don't ask, don't tell" applies here too.

Well, in some country the age "16+" is only an advice, not a rule. So yes, you are welcomed to play that game if you're mature enough :)

12+ would be a better age indicator. The game is not graphically violent etc, it can be complicated, but that’s no reason to exclude young players. Its a good way to help learn team play..:)

I play regularly with a couple of younger players in our group and they're more mature and less annoying than many of the supposedly "adult" players we have.

So, no. I don't see why you'd limit the game based on a meaningless number.

If its worth anything, in my group at least we enforce 16+ purely because of the 'banter' between people, that wouldn't really be acceptable for people under the age of 16 to hear :D lol. To play the game I personally don't see why it would be a 16/18, but to join a group of online players then I think age limits are very important for the protection of younger people at least.

For under 16 [or adults for that matter]...try "Old MacDonalds Farm Adventure". ARMA can cater for just about anybody : P

My kids have played this and had a hoot. Gaming for minors should always be moderated, they would play all day if given the latitude.

Do you think kids should be able to play Arma 2,3 if they are Mature and teamplayers? I have a friend that often gets put down by people because of his age even though he is a great player that is very nice

I think anyone that puts someone down because of their age is demonstrating that maturity and age don't always go hand in hand.

I think a better question is whether or not assholes should be allowed to play arma.

Just saying it is not me. I was just wondering, I actually am 14 and I think that to join a group 16+ and to play Arma with friends 11+12+

Just saying it is not me. I was just wondering, I actually am 14 and I think that to join a group 16+ and to play Arma with friends 11+12+

Well, private groups have the right to refuse anyone they want, I guess. Putting people down is kind of weak, though.

I am pretty conservative about this and thus think that people under 18 should not play military games (including games like BF and CoD) that is designed to kill people (AI/players). I know that Americans see this differently as the kids there can even own and shoot real guns there when being under age. I don't have children myself, but if I would have I would not let them play before they are 18 or close to it. It is also my opinion that the PEGI age should not be a recommendation, but a law that game stores have to follow, as in not selling to people that can't prove their age.

Whats wrong with other games? There are tons of games (including tactical games) that are perfect to play for the younger crowd, they have a whole life infront of them where they can play mature games.

Well, private groups have the right to refuse anyone they want, I guess. Putting people down is kind of weak, though.

Setting a strict 18+ limit isn't really putting people down. There are reasons people do that as it helps to keep a lot of stuck up kids away. Sure one out of 20 teens may be a good and adequate person but being a teenager myself once I wouldn't let myself into a mature group at 11-14.

Sure there are many stupid people beyond 18 mark too but usually less so.

Saying that - I've played in a clan that also had 15 y o dude playing. He was fine. Just gotta prove yourself to be a good teamplayer and nobody will put you down.

Edited by metalcraze

Setting a strict 18+ limit isn't really putting people down. There are reasons people do that as it helps to keep a lot of stuck up kids away. Sure one out of 20 teens may be a good and adequate person but being a teenager myself once I wouldn't let myself into a mature group at the time.

TOP was describing that his friend gets put down because of his age. I wasn't saying having age limits was the same thing. I would personally run a gaming group as a meritocrasy but that's kind of a lot of work. In my il2 squad we had a teenager and he wasn't the best pilot but he was pretty fun to fly with and super respectful on commos.

Hello there

Anyone who's legally able to buy the game should be allowed to play the game regardless of age,maturity or attitude.

Would I want to play with an immature 67 year old with a bad attitude? No.

I'm not really fussed if someone has a mature attitude or not or is older or younger than me, as long as we all gel "in game" and are all playing for the same objective then its fine.

If one has a bad attitude then that irks me.

Rgds

LoK

Personality and attitude incompatibilities are a no-no. Let's Cya!