Sign in to follow this  
fatman111

arma 3 zoombies

They charge hosting companies money to be official partners and only those official partners can host Dayz Origin servers, these so called partners then rent game servers to the general public and make profit.

Zoombies will be released free and the team behind it don't even accept donations.

Yet people are bashing Zoombies ? :confused:

Because people are tired of all these childish DayZ players and the wannabe DayZ mods out there that attract these kinds of players.

Because people are tired of all these childish DayZ players and the wannabe DayZ mods out there that attract these kinds of players.

Not all of us a childish, I've met a few immature Arma devotees in my time. When any game gets popular/viral it attracts all sorts of folk from all walks of life with different personalities.

L

It seems like they're here to stay since DayZ standalone's being locked down MMO-style means that it won't support mods such as the DayZ variants or maps-that-aren't-Chernarus (Plus).

The ArmA3-Alpha Forum is not related to DayZ.

Go and discuss this topic elsewhere.

Not all of us a childish, I've met a few immature Arma devotees in my time. When any game gets popular/viral it attracts all sorts of folk from all walks of life with different personalities.

L

And I was talking about the childish ones... But Mirudes is right, this isn't the place for DayZ discussion. This thread should be closed IMO.

Why are people so uptight about a mission/mod pack for Arma 2 and Arma 3 showing up in their noob-ridden forums?

I'd much rather have intelligent discussions about DayZ here than the completely useless dialog with most of the zero-day noobs that frequent the forums nowdays.

Dont forget: Arma 2 and 3 are Sandbox engine. It enables us to build and play nearly anything we fancy, be it milsim ops, zombie survival, modern rolelplay RPGs, or even medieval warfare.

Don't discount one mod simply because it's enemies are covered in blood before you shoot them.

Doesn't seem much of a biggy from my point of view. Even if this reaches it's goal at becoming playable or even popular in ArmA 3 then there will always be vanilla ArmA 3 servers, with regular mil-sim experience. Everyone has a right to play what they want and how they want especially in ArmA 3 when it's an open sandbox for all. And I believe there's not much to worry about especially when DayZ Standalone is coming soon, because it will probably draw the majority Zoombies players away for an even better experience. Remember DayZ players weren't the only ones that got attracted back in ArmA 2 as ArmA 2 also had a lot of WWII fans drawn in with the invasion44mod along with dozens of other mods that came for ArmA 2, so it basically means it will attract people from all over with different kind of taste and ideas of their own. So if some of you believe they have no right no bring something like DayZ to ArmA 3, then why bother letting other mods with all the people that come along with them as well? That's what your logic looks like as I keep reading all the silly reasons why it shouldn't be allowed.

There wasnt enough Aliens or Gayness in Dayz it was for that reason i found it bland after i killed got killed ate some beanz and wrecked a tent .

No longevity so i decided rather than Vent i would make :

GaylienZ

2RXsryzf1yU

Serious ? [Maybe]

Are "zoombies" living dead seen through a binocular?
No longevity so i decided rather than Vent i would make :

:rotfl: you guys...

let us all chill and wait for the stand alone and everyone will be happy. it's true that there are "arma elitist", "dayZ kiddies" and simply people who just like both dayZ and arma. but no one will ever respond properly to a post of an opposite group so let's just be patient and stop this. i made posts about it too but what's the gain in the end. people will just misunderstand each other.

sorry nice weather here again. makes me a peaceful wise-ass :D

The ArmA3-Alpha Forum is not related to DayZ.

Go and discuss this topic elsewhere.

this is about a mod for Arma 3. but I agree this is not the sub-forum for that

Why are people so uptight about a mission/mod pack for Arma 2 and Arma 3 showing up in their noob-ridden forums?
this is about a mod for Arma 3. but I agree this is not the sub-forum for that

§8) Post in the right forum & right thread

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

Please ensure you make new threads in the correct forum, if you're unsure of which forum to post in feel free to ask a moderator. If a thread exists for the topic you wish to post about you must use it, for example all ACE questions belong in the ACE thread. All addon/mod questions belong in the thread for that addon/mod. In the case of DayZ discussions they should be posted on the DayZ forums, this includes problems with the Modification. The troubleshooting forum is not for problems with Addons and Mods!

Problem with your reasoning: this is "Zoombies" not "DayZ". Those rules were put in place to prevent the BIS forums becoming over-run with DayZ noobs looking for technical support for a community mod. It was not to prevent any and all discussion about a subset of mods for the Arma franchise.

Though it should have been posted in the mods discussion section instead.

Problem with your reasoning: this is "Zoombies" not "DayZ".

So it's cool if people discuss BF3 here as long as they call it Arma?

Zoombies is a port of DayZ to Arma 3. Giving it a dumb name doesn't change that fact.

Zoombies is a port of DayZ to Arma 3. Giving it a dumb name doesn't change that fact.

Let's get a moderator to decide, cuz Zoombies looks pretty damn good to me.

And we do have BF/BF2/3 ect discussions on these forums, and they are mods/missions using this game and it's capabilities..the more the merrier I say!

Hello there

Yes, let the mods decide.

Ive already linked to the DAYZ discussion in an earlier post.

Personally I'm a little concerned about it being more than a proof of concept until they get full permission to fiddle with the code. We'll see what happens.

Rgds

LoK

Again, you're holding prejudice against a mod simply because it's enemies are covered in blood before you shoot them, rather than enjoying and discussing the sandbox and modding capabilities of Arma 3 that enable wildly varied types of gameplay like the fictional zombie apocalypse. The spirit of the rule isn't based on prejudice, but instead on keeping support requests on the DayZ website where they belong. Have you seen any support requests in this thread?

I'm not even going to bother addressing your absolutely terrible analogy.

---------- Post added at 09:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:42 PM ----------

Hello there

Yes, let the mods decide.

Ive already linked to the DAYZ discussion in an earlier post.

Personally I'm a little concerned about it being more than a proof of concept until they get full permission to fiddle with the code. We'll see what happens.

Rgds

LoK

How much permission do they actually need? How do other variants of DayZ solve these purported legal issues? DayZ: Origins, DayZ+, DayZero, DayZ Retro, DayZ Redux, etc (these are just the ones currently in PwS)

Hello there

I cant really comment a lot on this at the moment, but I believe some areas are under review. Apologies.

Suffice to say, if one is working on any adaption of any mod it's "bad form" not to ask for permission to do so at the very least. I can see people altering stuff for home use, that's inevitable, but once it goes public (or even online) one should seek permission from the mods creators.

I've made this mistake myself in the past (but had it resolved very nicely indeed). It's easy to fall into the error but once aware of the issue one should attempt to make amends.

If I had created, say a modification involving for eg ACE,ACRE or PRACS content then (assuming it was allowed in those particular mods readme's etc etc) and had heard that for eg the ACE devs *may* have a problem with releasing the mod, I personally would hold off on any release and would contact them to resolve any issue before it pops up.

To me that's just what one does. It's the decent thing to do IMHO.

Rgds

LoK

Again, you're holding prejudice against a mod simply because it's enemies are covered in blood before you shoot them, rather than enjoying and discussing the sandbox and modding capabilities of Arma 3 that enable wildly varied types of gameplay like the fictional zombie apocalypse. The spirit of the rule isn't based on prejudice, but instead on keeping support requests on the DayZ website where they belong. Have you seen any support requests in this thread?

Here it is again:

If the mods decide this rule no longer applies, cool.

You don't need to like my terrible analogy for it to be accurate.

IMO, you're taking the forum rule to far. Read the line above what you made bold!

I haven't seen nor heard of Zoombies until this thread, and now that it has it's own thread it should fit somewhere.

I haven't seen nor heard of Zoombies until this thread

Sure you have. It's DayZ.

You don't need to like my terrible analogy for it to be accurate.

Lol, whatever dude. It's neither relevant nor accurate. DayZ is DayZ. Zoombies is another zombie sandbox ported from portions of the DayZ codebase to Arma 3. DayZ is a standalone brand, related specifically to the DayZ SA and the DayZ Arma 2 mod, hence an entirely different mod in an entirely different game.

Battlefield 3 is entirely unrelated to this discussion in every way. But... here it is too: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127670-BattleField-3&highlight=battlefield created by Dwarden no less.

BigBear is right, this is a clear cut case of taking a rule too far. ie - ignoring the spirit of the rule to focus on it's pedantic non-semantic points to attain your own goals (rather than the goals of the rule itself), which in this case is alienating modders and players simply because you don't like them. In the legal world, we call this abusing the law. On the internet, we just call this lame and anti-productive.

Here it is again:

Considering how quick the moderators are at squashing topics that truly are out of bounds, I think we can safely say the decision has been made on this topic. They're the moderators, let them do their job. I doubt very much that they need your help.

Edited by TheCapulet
Formatting

Lol, whatever dude. It's neither relevant nor accurate. DayZ is DayZ. Zoombies is another zombie sandbox ported from portions of the DayZ codebase to Arma 3. DayZ is a standalone brand, related specifically to the DayZ SA and the DayZ Arma 2 mod, hence an entirely different mod in an entirely different game.

It's a subtle distinction at most, completely untrue at least. They even call it "Zoombies © the DayZ port that is ArmA3 dependent."

Battlefield 3 is entirely unrelated to this discussion in every way. But... here it is too: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?127670-BattleField-3&highlight=battlefield created by Dwarden no less.

No kidding? Right there in OFFTOPIC - Games & Gaming where it belongs? Come on, you are smarter than this. My point was that discussing it in an Arma forum is just as against the spirit and word of the rules as discussing DayZ is.

BigBear is right, this is a clear cut case of taking a rule too far. ie - ignoring the spirit of the rule to focus on it's pedantic non-semantic points to attain your own goals (rather than the goals of the rule itself), which in this case is alienating modders and players simply because you don't like them. In the legal world, we call this abusing the law. On the internet, we just call this lame and anti-productive.

I call that a wild assumption.

Considering how quick the moderators are at squashing topics that truly are out of bounds, I think we can safely say the decision has been made on this topic. They're the moderators, let them do their job. I doubt very much that they need your help.

All righty, Cap. I'll drop it.

But just for kicks.

Good points. Though I still disagree with your interpreted spirit of the rule. And I do apologize for that assumption.

PS. Your search link goes nowhere.

Back on topic, full speed ahead! :)

Hello there

*phew* glad that's over. *muffins for you both*

Again, although you are all welcome to make posts on the DAYZ forum on this subject I realise it is a very different environ and a different vibe than here. So, I can understand why "Arma" folk would rather discuss this particular issue here.

I think the point it brings up is perhaps a ticket needs to be raised suggesting better/simpler filters to separate the gametypes/mods in general.

Dayz and things such as Zoombies are *just* mods after all. A way to exclude a certain mod type from the browser might make the separation of the two tribes easier.

Using Launchers like PWS/Armarize/Dayz Commander etc simplifies this somewhat, but perhaps the fact these programs exist shows a shortcoming of the game itself?

I think tickets need to be raised.

Rgds

LoK