Sign in to follow this  
Bombdogs

Invert free look y-axis for xbox controller

Subject line says it all really. There is a setting to invert the y-axis for the mouse but not the xbox controller as far as I can see.

Thanks,

PMF

Well for those following after me this is not exactly intuitive, especially for a n00b. It's not possible to redefine xbox controls until you setup a custom scheme.

Goto "Options -> Controls" and click the "controller" option at the bottom. Then you need to "disable" the default xbox controller in the "controller with scheme" bottom panel, at which point the xbox controller appears in the top section "customizable controllers", highlight it & click "customize", now click "schemes", select the xbox controller scheme & click "map".

At this point you can now redefine the controls. I thought I would be golden here but there were still a few more hoops to jump through as the selected xbox controller scheme is nothing like the default xbox controller setup and had some conflicts (why!). I found it easier to just delete all xbox related controls and redefine them from scratch - in the top level controls section select "all controls" from the dropdown. I used the excellent scheme as posted by Greebo here (3 posts down)...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?144983-XBox-360-Controller

...but obviously I changed the aim up/aim down mappings to invert the right stick.

Must say that's some real grief to go through just to invert the look stick!

PMF

Edited by Bombdogs