Sign in to follow this  
Deus Ex

Ofp gamma problem

Hey I have an ATI Radeon 8500LE, when I Alt Tab in and out of OFP the gamma gets set to low, then I have to go to Video settings and move it around so it resets the gamma in the game, everysingle time. It happens to all my games actually. It esspecially gets real annoying when im in campaign OFP and I wanna save again so i alt tab back out and in, gets to be a pain in the ass.

Any one have any ideas on how to tweak the card so it wont do that? btw i updated the drivers for it too.

i have the same problem too, i guess its just the video card. You cant do anything about it I think

There aren't that many games that are overly ecstatic to be alt+tabbed, lots crash when you do, I have a Kyro2 and find Opf is pretty happy but my desktop gets really bright, when I go back to Opf it's ok though smile.gif

Ok i'll keep messing with it and tweaking it, if I find out out to fix it, I will post it up here biggrin.gif

That is a problem with the Radeon drivers, they don't restore the Gamma settings when switching video modes.

NVIDIA's Detonator drivers act the same way as Placebo described, whatever Gamma setting you set in OFP's Video options gets applied to the Windows desktop, but when you switch back to the game, and later exit, everything comes up peaches.

My only suggestion (besides waiting for drivers that address this issue) would be to try a different resolution in the game, i.e. either make it match the Windows Desktop resolution, or if they are currently the same, set the in-game resolution to be different.

had the same problem with my radeon 7500.

at version 1.46 I could easily restore the gamma settings by going into the video setup and edit the gamma settings again. don't know if it works in res..

greetz

snowflake

Yea it works in resistance tounge.gif , im just asking on here before I call ATI. I dont know if there support is free confused.gif , if not im just gonna forget about it mad.gif

Ok I got a reply letter, from ATI, I will post there Responce, and my responce to there responce in a few minutes.

I have not changed anything in the letter except the names, and e-mail addresses tounge.gif

ATI's Responce+ Problem

Reply-To: support@ati.com

To: <------@msn.com>

Subject: RE: ATI Technical Assistance

Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 10:56: 00 -0400

Dear ---------- ------------,

Thank you for contacting ATI Customer Service Canada.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your email has been assigned:

TicketGUID:{00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000}

Please include the above identifier in all future correspondence

relating to this ticket. Note: The TicketGUID identifier must appear

in the message body, not in the subject line.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<u>Regarding "When I Alt Tab out, and into a game, the game (Gamma) is reset to a lower setting":

This issue has not been previously reported to ATI. The gamma setting in your games get initialized as 3D games start. If you attempt to switch tasks will the game is running, it is likely that you will have to reinitialize the display settings manually.

You should contact the game manufacturer for additional support regarding this problem.</u>

Regards,

>----- ----------

>Customer Service Canada

>ATI Technologies, Inc.

>http://www.ati.com

_

_

My Responce

So you’re saying I should contact:

Codemasters

Westwood

Lucas Arts

Activision

Microsoft

Accolade

Blizzard

Edios

Electronic Arts

Novalogic

Sierra

3dRealms

Ion Storm

All companies I bought games from...

Regarding this problem?

And tell them there game has problems.

I think it’s the card.

This problem happens in all games, Its not the game manufacturers fault, I’ve had many video cards form geforce, to voodoo, to the matrox, then to you (ATI). Out of all the other companies I have never experienced this problem, except with you (ATI). I suggest you keep working on this problem, otherwise loose a few buyers of your products. What am I talking about you lost too much already. The reason its never been reported, is because everyone that I do know who has the same video card as me, "AT Radeon 8500LE 128MB", is because they all went to go buy a geforce when your card started causing them troubles, Out of the 17 people I know, each and everyone of them had a Radeon 8500 and went to a geforce. And if you don’t back up your products, you shouldn’t be in business. I would appreciate you trying to help me and figure this out so YOU can make a patch for this problem, and not go and blame big game companies.

Thanks

LOL

Looks like you really let em have it OFP style. Don't forget, GeForce drivers don't let you change refresh rates either. It was some sort of hobbyist that had to make the refresh rate fix. And for ATI it took a longer time for someone to fix it... really crazy to release drivers without refresh rate selection.

Anyway, my friend has an ATI (probably 7500) and he has the same issue.