Sign in to follow this  
Bee8190

The what have you bought thread

I would like to kindly ask moderators if they could sticky this, should the thread get busy.

Nearly every forum has similar thread so I thought it would be nice to have one here

Please remember to keep the 100kb picture limit

Thought it's time to improve the sound a little ;)

0AF1C2D5FE3B47B792901F238CD31E76-12073.jpg

$T2eC16dHJHQFFhiC9KtVBRZCrw)zCg~~48_80.JPG

image_18382.jpg

and some Qed speaker cables and cambridge audio HDMI :yay:

Edited by Bee8190

Firmware-Update-for-Samsung-840-Series-SSD-Drives-Is-Out.jpg?1356013199

My previous HD broke, so i got a new one and a cheap SSD. Write speeds arent that awesome, but read speeds are and i am quite happy with it.

Also, i switched to Chrome as my main browser, but when i just tried to check the size of that image i had to go back to IE since i couldn't find an easy way to check the image size.. :confused:

EDIT: Oh i found out how, its... Less convenient.

Are we talking tech stuff only?

If not, I recently bought a Smith and Wesson 6904. If yes, I bought my first console game in almost two years, Dragon's Dogma, for the now dusted off 360; exciting, I know. It's actually pretty fun though. I wish they would release it for PC.

ego booster topic ? wtf ?

i recently bought this:

kajzerki.jpg

and this:

Kielbasa-Podwawelska-8214-big.jpg

and started to collect money for this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRCUYILU9hHOC7jldYAy2vyZe7OFTT1H0_NJoQ2YbjgSITP8gEB

Nearly every forum has similar thread

really ? what forums ? for kids who want to show "i am better" to rest of the world ?

really ? what forums ? for kids who want to show "i am better" to rest of the world ?

Some people are genuinely happy with something they bought and want to share that, without any bragging.. :rolleyes:

As nemesis said this could be the thread where you look into when looking for inspiration for a gift or whatever, or when you thinking of buying that oculus rift but someone already bought one, you can ask him here about his experience with it and so on.

@GRS - We talking swag ;) , shoes, tickets, new keyboard, track IR, monitor....

Mr. Crash - those are nice, you happy with them? What are amp powers them?

Recently I have bought some good swag right here:

ySx7gzg.jpg

Why? Because yolo.

Actually I've seen this thread on a disturbing number of forums. As much as people try to claim otherwise, it's just masturbation 99% of the time. Some people might post something because they like it and would reccommend it to others, but most will post before they even receive a product and know if it's any good, because we've decided a person is measured in material goods and that the opinion of strangers should influence our sense of self worth.

Mr. Crash - those are nice, you happy with them? What are amp powers them?

Yes very happy, allot of studios use them. They are active/powered monitors (self amplified/power per speaker), so no amp required.

because we've decided a person is measured in material goods and that the opinion of strangers should influence our sense of self worth.

yes, excatly that what i meant, cause in some parts of the world even such amplifier is something which people cannot allow in their whole lifetime of work

yes, excatly that what i meant, cause in some parts of the world even such amplifier is something which people cannot allow in their whole lifetime of work
So what? You should feel guilty or bad everytime you bought something like that? Won't solve anything anyway...

And this isn't (or shouldn't) be a thread to show off, rather about sharing experiences, recomendations of products of sales and, as this is an international board, is interesting to see what people buy around the world, weird stuff too!

This type of thread is one of the most popular on other boards I participate, eg: http://adrenaline.uol.com.br/forum/geral/441422-compraram-algo-novo-mostrem-ai-pra-adrena-2-regras-no-primeiro-post-leiam.html

Chill out and feel happy for others too...

Don't want to be a part of the thread? Then don't post in the thread. Problem solved.

ego booster topic ? wtf ?

So far ive seen some speakers & and amp and some SSD drive ... really? Boosting the ego? So no one owns such things unless all they are doing is showing off, so far most things are functional. The only way someone is showing off or ego boosting is things like posting pictures of what they have (with them in it) on the desk or "look at my rig" shots, they are the worst.

Yesterday I bought a packet of socks, I can share the picture but I dont want to boost my sock ego.

Sorry Vilas, elsewhere I respect your points, but me thinks this thread isnt really the place to make some sort of debate out of it, I mean we are here on computers, probably for games that got us here, so we are in some way all owners of something to geek about :)

Yesterday I bought a packet of socks, I can share the picture but I dont want to boost my sock ego.

If the socks are awesome enough we may want to see them. :p

EDIT: And don't you forget that Vilas is from Poland,

Yes Vilas, i am taking the piss a bit, but i think i am allowed to when my income is way below the average Polish GDP per capita, and you bring this up a bit too often. ;)

Edited by NeMeSiS

3 weeks ago I bought this:

Eizo foris fs2333

I'm really happy with it, I was looking for a good 16/10 24' IPS screen but they are pricy, finally I changed my mind and took a 23' :)

If the socks are awesome enough we may want to see them. :p

EDIT: And don't you forget that Vilas is from Poland,

Yes Vilas, i am taking the piss a bit, but i think i am allowed to when my income is way below the average Polish GDP per capita, and you bring this up a bit too often. ;)

you had to missed Wikipedia

Netherlands 42,779 2011

Poland 20,592 2012

so this 43 thousands is way below 20 thousands ?

c'mon ;)

what is average in Netherland ?

2671 euro according to Eurostat

in my country it is 759 GROSS from industry sector

usual men after taxing earn 400, 500 euro per month, taxation takes ca. 40% (ZUS, social sec, med sec. tax...) VAT is 23%

maaan, study some more info before posting such nonsens

Netherland way below Poland, hold me, hold me... why there is no mass emigration from Netherlands ?

do you have 30% unemployment among young, 15% unemploeyment in whole population + 5% of population emigrated ?

maaan, please study some more sources before you post things like that

use wiki before posting such nonsens, although wiki is somehow biased but c'mon

you compare Netherland to east europ, maaan, maaaan,

The Netherland has 2 bigger per capita plus 3,5 times bigger "official" average, real mediana is here 6 times lower than in Netherlands

maybe you used wage ? cause in some west countries they pay per week ? here stats are for month, not for weekly payment

plase study some economical data before next time posting about money ;)

cause you make laugh of yourself , where from you get those news ? who spreads such informations in your country ? do you think people emigrate from richer countries to work in more poor countries ? :D

look at salary datas in Wikipedia before posting

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_in_Europe_by_monthly_average_wage

link for you, plus take under account that average in Poland is taken from industry only employing > 10 men , not shop assistants in small shops , not etc. official data do not cover industry < 10 employees , where people earn the least (shop assistant, cleaner earns 250-300 euro per month)

i do not know if retired are in those data too, cause some people here get pension 200 euro

Edited by vilas

I said 'my' income, which is quite different from the average income in the Netherlands, but i do have to put up with Dutch prices. ;)

But lets take this to PM, or forget about it.

i know from emigrants that on west many things are cheaper due to lower taxes, things like electronics etc. etc. computer parts in UK, Germany are 10-15% cheaper than here i am,

my 2 friends from my block of flats who emigrated to UK in November 2012 (they are cleaning streets and when they will get to better place like shop or etc. i will join them maybe) are saying on Skype that "maaan in UK we buy the same strabwerry jam 4 times cheaper"

the same i know from people who visited Germany and in Lidl they buy strawberry jam jar for 0.75 Euro which in Poland cost 6 PLN (1.5 Euro)

they say prices in Lidl in UK are 10-20% lower than in Lidl 4 bus stops from my block,

this is due to some percent differences in taxes, VAT tax etc.

i work in one "office" and 10 years after graduating technical studies i earn (after i get 100 Euro more after change of office) 2340 PLN = 565 Euro per month which is good money here (4 years ago i had 100 euro less being laborant in scientific lab)

regarding prices in Poland, in my city for one square meter of flat in block of flats you have to pay 2000 euro-3000 euro

30 square metter flat costs 100 000 USD/75 000 Euro, people take credit for 30 years or live with parents till parents die

the flat we hire costs us ca. 1200 PLN (400 euro) every month , can you hire 30 meters flat in The Netherland for 400 Euro/month ?

cheaper is Russia, Belarus, they are very cheap when it comes to accomodation and food

so never ever compare West to the East, kids in Your country get more pocket money from parents that retired man here after 40 years of work (retired age is 67)

Edited by vilas

According to this graph, a 100€ price in the Netherlands would cost you about 54€ in Poland, hence, the Netherlands is almost twice as expensive as Poland.

I am not saying that everything is fair, but i currently earn about as much as you do and you don't hear me complaining all the fucking time. :rolleyes:

what graph ? what price has to salary ? nothing

study more economy, what graf has prices ;)

Get a fucking grip please Vilas. The bubble burst hit everyone, not only some states. Yes, in eastern europe life can be harder indeed, but start to compare it to other places around the world. Besides, you are free to get a job outside of your country if there is a demand, you speak adequately at least a foreign language and you are good at what you do.

And before you complain some more, i work about 16-18h a day here ((10-12h at the office + another 6 freelance) in order to have a decent living. Oh and i work in a domain that has been pretty hit by the collapsing economy all around the world.

How come each time there is a topic like this, you bring the same discussion about the hard life in poland over and over and over again. Why you just don't move out then if you are so miserable?

Edited by PuFu

Vilas, the only thing you can do is start a thread named "The what you cant afford thread" ... then there is balance in the force of which you can post in all day with justifications as to why not. This isn't European politics thread (or U.S) ... its just a thread to post interesting purchase's of things, no need to expand on it into some economical climate debate.

You are going to have to post in all threads of any purchase which includes all game threads now and copy and paste your thoughts otherwise its just not right.

http://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Poland&country2=United+Kingdom

Not a graph but a place for you to compare and maybe you can get out of this "OH WOE IS ME" syndrome :)

I would like to say your point is maybe strengthen on Salary and Dispoasble income available in uk Vs Poland , however consider your friends have 2 jobs work 7 days , i think that is the only questionable input from them statistics .

Oh and if you want a good view other than your friends Good for migrant to Poland and Vice Versa for "Real" experiences

http://www.polishforums.com/polonia-uk-ireland-31/

http://www.polishforums.com/polonia-usa-canada-28/

I bought a Second hand Diesil Fiesta , I downgraded from a £23000 Mini JCW Ironically now i can do 60 MPG ican afford the Mini but with the Mini i cant haha

Life is a Bitch but we still sit here on forums and playing with games , maybe we should be at work ? ;)

Edited by Thromp