wuffman

How to Show map @ mission start

In advance... sorry if this is common knowledege, but have searched, and not finding info. I am painfully new... so how can I get the map to show before the player at start of SP mission I am working on? I know how to briefings, etc., but the player seems to show before the map, while I would like to start like A2; map first.

Thank You!

You need to make a briefing.html other than the briefing.sqf. Go to the mission folder, right click>new>text document. Open it, leave it empty and save it as briefing.html (File name: briefing.html - Save as type: All Files). Now go to the editor and load your mission. Hold shift+click on preview. You should see the map now.

Thank You, Spayd! I don't understand the logic of this, but it WorkS! I saved as SP mission and you do not have to Hold shift+click at the start.

The only problem I have now is that my player ( Blufor ) is dressed in civies, and the map, nor any items ( additem, assignitem ) seem to be an option with uniform such as "U_C_Poloshirt_tricolour", so I must pick the map up from a crate. The briefing does however show @ start, only on a black screen, which is better than not at all. Again, thank you... wuff