Sign in to follow this  
Sea_Bass

Alpha update 0.56 problem

Hi,

Ever since I updated to 0.56, whenever I launch the game, and while I'm playing, I keep getting some sort of black box with coding in it, that pops up randomly in the upper left portion of my screen, with coding in it. It either looks like a debug console or the console itself, but this did not use to happen, and now I can't seem to get rid of it. Is this happening to anyone else? Any simple fixes to this?

Thank you,

Btw, just found this picture in the forums, posted by Predator.v2, showing the exact problem I am talking about here. Don't know if this is related to CBA or not?

cba_error.jpg

Edited by Sea_Bass

If you would have read the Changelog of the patch, it says game starts with -showScriptErrors command now. Dont know how to remove it, probably just a Alpha thingy.

If you would have read the Changelog of the patch, it says game starts with -showScriptErrors command now. Dont know how to remove it, probably just a Alpha thingy.

Thanks for the information. I did read the changelog, however I did not know what exactly I was looking for as I did not know what this thing was called. Thanks again for the info. It would be nice to know how to remove it, if anybody figures it out.

Yes it seems that BIS has removed some scripts/command that are used by mod, addons.... One of this has relation with CBA.... I was having the same debug console messages... I have taken out CBA and other mods that uses CBA and I not longer having this error....

I hope the CBA developers can fix it.

BTC Revive is also showing problems in the showScriptErrors command box after this latest update. I hope Giallustio can correct it - a lot of people use BTC Revive.

Yeah, so is JTD Fire & Smoke along with JTD flies, they worked correctly prior to this new release, but now I keep getting errors in the debug console. It sorta breaks the game for me at this point, until at least CBA is fixed. I've been searching for a way to deactivate -showscriptErrors since yesterday but still haven't found a way.

I did find this post that talks of a solution to deactivate -showscriptErrors but it is a bit convoluted > http://1msobrealism.us/forums/index.php?topic=771.0

That guy is a using a program called SixUpdater to start ARMA 3 with various parameters to on or off. MY QUESTION = Can't -showscriptErrors be disabled in the properties menu (launch options) of ARMA 3 within Steam ? As shown here http://i.imgur.com/vlCoFId.jpg

IF we can do that we just need to know the proper wording to disable it like -disablescriptErrors or -showscriptErrors 0 ?

Yeah, I wish there was a command that we could use in the launch parameters to deactivate showscripterrors. In the meanwhile, I'm looking forward to an update from CBA and JTD.

not running any mods at all and am getting the same debug console. also my game has started to freeze for periods of 10-30 sec at a time, every 2-3 min. never did this in the previous version. overall performance has gone down, and the game is now using up most of my pc's memory (not GPU).. it's always at <90% system memory usage now, but CPU usage is under 30% all the time.. hope they sort this out soon.

oh i also noticed that the LODs for some of the trees, bushes and buildings are messed up. as if the order of the LODs got mixed up, like the LOD for 500 meters is used at 20 meters, and the object disappears past 300meters only to re-appear at 400... wtf is going on? why is this happening on the stable non-dev version?

If you have problems, please check your Arma3 rpt files for the reason of problems (run with no mods for a 'clean' error log).

When you find any errors, report them through the Feedback site so the developers can look into it.

It's Alpha you know, bugs are bound to appear ;)