Sign in to follow this  
axclaw

has multiplayer been shut down?

theres only 1 server or so

looks like its only for devs with .56 version or something and i have 0.54 version fully updated via steam

anyway there are no multi servers whats up with that

i know after the exploit is this why?

anyone have an idea how long the servers will be out for?

There are 2 versions of Arma3 alpha

- the stable branch which is the default you get when you download A3 from steam.

- the development branch where they test changes before releasing to stable.

The DEV branch has the latest security features which stop the multiplayer problem that occurred last week, most of the servers are open to the public.

To get DEV branch - close Arma3 -> open steam -> games -> view games library -> right click Arma3 -> properties -> betas -> select development build in the box -> close

-steam will then do a big update

The dev branch is where they test things and is more likely to contain errors so maybe it's wise to revert to stable once the security fixes are released there? Simply select "None - opt out of all betas" and it will return you to the stable release.

The stable branch has been updated with a security fix, but presumably more are incoming and will be first tested on dev branch.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm getting the same awkward controls. The rifle goes in a downward ark when trying to aim and it seems as this when you get close to the target the aim is slower closer to the target you go. And please give us some feeling as to where the shots are coming from, cuz we don't have any idea.

I don't know about anybody else, but I'm getting the same awkward controls. The rifle goes in a downward ark when trying to aim and it seems as this when you get close to the target the aim is slower closer to the target you go. And please give us some feeling as to where the shots are coming from, cuz we don't have any idea.

Use your ears

Use your ears

That's not at all helpful.

I too have an issue with positional sound, but perhaps make another thread on this issue if none exist.

Rgds

LoK