Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

3 hours ago, Joker-King said:

Arma Toolbox can set up on blender 3.1? 

Yeah, no problem there. I use 3.1 myself

• Thanks 1

Hey so I just installed Arma tool box for Blender 3.1, but every time I try to install a .p3d model it pops up with a notification saying that I have the wrong MDL version.

20 hours ago, Echo 1-3 said:

Hey so I just installed Arma tool box for Blender 3.1, but every time I try to install a .p3d model it pops up with a notification saying that I have the wrong MDL version.

Then you are probably trying to load a binarized model, which is not supposed to be loaded. You need an unbinarized file.

What do I need to be able to import rtm files in Blender? I use to be able to do it but after factory resetting my PC and adding Arma 3 tool again I no longer have the option to import rtm files. 

My import list

The Toolbox currently does not import RTM's, you need this to do that
Note, however, that RTM import, by its nature, is quite limited in functionality.

On 5/12/2022 at 2:16 PM, Alwarren said:

The Toolbox currently does not import RTM's, you need this to do that
Note, however, that RTM import, by its nature, is quite limited in functionality.

Thank you!

• Like 1

Thank you for creating this addon. It has been extremely useful.

I am struggling to create a skinned vest from scratch. At the moment I am taking the .fbx character from the Arma 3 samples and skinning my mesh based on it's skeleton. When I get the mesh into game it loads up - but is locked to the player's root. Is there a guide which you could link to for exporting the mesh?

So far I'm able to successfully import the sample vest p3d file, export it and then load it up in game and it's working as expected. I feel like I'm missing an important step within Blender before exporting the mesh.

If your vest has weights assigned to it according to the OFP2 ManSkeleton, then you are probably missing a model.cfg entry for it.
Other than that, it's impossible to say what is going on without seeing the actual model.

Hi people. A question...

Is it possible to somehow get the RTM motion vector parameter for animation in blender 2.92 and higher?

I read the previous page... but I can't get this parameter.

Try the latest release on this page 

You can also try to download the master branch by clicking on "Code" and selecting "Download ZIP", but you will have to install the stuff by hand since that ZIP archive does not work with the "Install Addon" in Blender.

On 11/20/2022 at 12:54 PM, Alwarren said:

Try the latest release on this page 

You can also try to download the master branch by clicking on "Code" and selecting "Download ZIP", but you will have to install the stuff by hand since that ZIP archive does not work with the "Install Addon" in Blender.

Thanks a lot) The setting is now displayed)

• Like 1

Bezier curves don't seem to allow me to add arma3 properties or export, do I have to render to mesh first or is there a hidden option I am missing? I did tick "Apply Modifies" on export but I guess that's just the Modifiers? Other than that, this is the best plugin out there for blender for sure!

9 hours ago, gigglebok said:

Bezier curves don't seem to allow me to add arma3 properties or export, do I have to render to mesh first or is there a hidden option I am missing? I did tick "Apply Modifies" on export but I guess that's just the Modifiers? Other than that, this is the best plugin out there for blender for sure!

Ah no, you cannot export bezier curves. You can only export mesh objects (or Armatures as RTM). If you want to use a Bezier curve, you have to convert it to a mesh object before exporting.

Apply Modifiers does that, it applies the modifiers on the mesh object while exporting (on a copy of the object so the original is preserved).

Hi, i have a question about this addon, can this addon import some material  or atleast make oxygen detect which material I use in a object? , because my object have some material, and when i'm export to p3d via arma toolbox, oxygen can't detect my material input in my object, this addon is work for object with 1 material, but doesn't work if I use for a object with 2 or more material.

Thank you.

On 3/2/2023 at 4:36 AM, Akihiko_Daichi said:

Hi, i have a question about this addon, can this addon import some material  or atleast make oxygen detect which material I use in a object? , because my object have some material, and when i'm export to p3d via arma toolbox, oxygen can't detect my material input in my object, this addon is work for object with 1 material, but doesn't work if I use for a object with 2 or more material.

The toolbox works with any number of materials. I think my record was something like 40 materials in one P3D. If it doesn't work for you you are doing something wrong, but in order to tell what I need more information.

Hi there, question about how the attributes work for the toolbox, I am unable to figure out how to by default have the attributes applied when starting a new project, is there an option somewhere to apply the attributes to a current model?

For instance, if I import a different P3D, and it exists next to the model I created, then the model that is a P3D with the toolbox setting will be exported, but not the regular one. How can I apply the toolbox settings to the non-imported model?

9 hours ago, weaponslinger3 said:

Hi there, question about how the attributes work for the toolbox, I am unable to figure out how to by default have the attributes applied when starting a new project, is there an option somewhere to apply the attributes to a current model?

For instance, if I import a different P3D, and it exists next to the model I created, then the model that is a P3D with the toolbox setting will be exported, but not the regular one. How can I apply the toolbox settings to the non-imported model?

• Select the object in question
  • Find the "Arma Object Properties" panel in the Arma 3 tab
  • There is a checkbox in front of the "Arma Object Properties". Click that to make the object exportable
  • Change the settings in the Arma Object Properties as required.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hello! So RTM can be imported into Blender. Is it possible for me to use a bone controller to adjust the actions? I've tried it before, it's really a mess, the controller on the hand is completely malfunctioning, and everything else is the same. Because you know the known Issues: "there are IK and other control bones won't work." I don't know if this plugin has been updated yet, as it would be more efficient for me to create character actions using Blender. So is there any solution?   thanks.

14 hours ago, 199918hao said:

hello! So RTM can be imported into Blender. Is it possible for me to use a bone controller to adjust the actions? I've tried it before, it's really a mess, the controller on the hand is completely malfunctioning, and everything else is the same. Because you know the known Issues: "there are IK and other control bones won't work." I don't know if this plugin has been updated yet, as it would be more efficient for me to create character actions using Blender. So is there any solution?   thanks.

The toolbox doesn't support RTM import. There is another addon, but it wasn't done by me. I never bothered with RTM import because of that reason - I felt the result wouldn't be very useful.

Hello!

I'm having a lot of trouble trying to export a custom belt, But when I try to export it and it comes with this error.

"Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Emitor22\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py", line 223, in execute
    exportMDL(self, filePtr, self.selectionOnly);
  File "C:\Users\Emitor22\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 511, in exportMDL
    export_lod(filePtr, obj, wm, idx)
  File "C:\Users\Emitor22\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 423, in export_lod
    writeFaces(filePtr, obj, mesh)
  File "C:\Users\Emitor22\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 141, in writeFaces
    writeString(filePtr, textureName)
  File "C:\Users\Emitor22\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\3.4\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 80, in writeString
    data = value.encode('ASCII')
UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode character '\xf3' in position 13: ordinal not in range(128)"

Would somebody help me out to fix this? 

I recently had a similar error and if I remember correctly I fixed it. I will have to make a new release ASAP, a lot has changed from the last.
If you are feeling adventurous, try the following: Open MDLexporter.py in a text editor and find the function convertWeight. The function starts like this

def convertWeight(weight):
    if weight > 1:
        weight = 1;

After this, add the following two lines to make it look like this:

def convertWeight(weight):
    if weight > 1:
        weight = 1
    if weight < 0:
        weight = 0

Restart blender afterwards.

Alternatively, wait a couple of days, I will try to get a new release out.

Hello,

I'm trying to export a model to .p3d, and I keep getting this error repeatedly, and the file ends up being empty.

Python: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\marku\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py", line 223, in execute
    exportMDL(self, filePtr, self.selectionOnly);
  File "C:\Users\marku\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 511, in exportMDL
    export_lod(filePtr, obj, wm, idx)
  File "C:\Users\marku\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 423, in export_lod
    writeFaces(filePtr, obj, mesh)
  File "C:\Users\marku\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.91\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 111, in writeFaces
    raise RuntimeError("Model " + obj.name + " contains n-gons and cannot be exported")
RuntimeError: Model WinterJacket_Weighted contains n-gons and cannot be exported

On 8/29/2023 at 12:20 PM, steam-76561198053709060 said:

RuntimeError: Model WinterJacket_Weighted contains n-gons and cannot be exported

Put a triangulate modifier on the object you are trying to export, and make sure to check "Apply Modifiers" in the export dialog

New Release 4.0.0
I just pushed a new release to the project homepage. This version is compatible with Blender 3.x as well as the new 4.0 release from yesterday. There is a metric excrement ton of new features that haven't been officially released yet, so make sure to read the release notes and feel free to ask questions.

Enjoy!
(first post updated as well)

• Thanks 1