Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

Had this error a few times, but never known what causes it or what fixed it.

ubyte format requires 0 <= number <= 255

Any help would be appreciated

16 hours ago, RoF said:

ubyte format requires 0 <= number <= 255

I need more context. What did you do, and if possible, where/what line was the error reported?

1 hour ago, Alwarren said:

I need more context. What did you do, and if possible, where/what line was the error reported?

Basically was trying to export a house to check it in game as I added a 2nd multi material, I've done it a few times already without any issues.

Once you export it bugs out with this.

W4Bu0M6.png

I just tested it with 2.83 and it does the same error, also removed 2 material and got same thing.
Had it a couple of times before, but reloading Blender seemed to fix it

*edit* It just has the 1 LOD at the moment, nothing else to export but that

54 minutes ago, RoF said:

Basically was trying to export a house to check it in game as I added a 2nd multi material, I've done it a few times already without any issues.

Looks like one of your weights in the named selections are off, which is weird since weights can only go 0..1

54 minutes ago, RoF said:

*edit* It just has the 1 LOD at the moment, nothing else to export but that

If possible, can you send that file with only that one LOD to my email address (Hans-Joerg@friedenhq.org) ?  I'll have a look then.

@Alwarren I think I have sorted it! I had 3 vertex groups setup I was using for easy selection of stuff, I removed all 3 and it exports fine now.

Strange how it exported fine with them before lol

5 hours ago, Blackburn _kicks said:

https://imgur.com/OW54PTu

When I try to import a character p3d from the Arma 3 Samples it comes up as this. I'm using Steam Blender and version 3.0.4

Open it in object builder and you will see its the same. Just turn off the layers you don't want to see

6 hours ago, Blackburn _kicks said:

https://imgur.com/OW54PTu

When I try to import a character p3d from the Arma 3 Samples it comes up as this. I'm using Steam Blender and version 3.0.4

All collections are visible. I haven't found a way to only make one collection visible via script, but if you simply press the "1" key it will hide all but the first collection, which is probably what you want.

Hey Al. Do you intend to return the ability to add all key frames in the timeline? Unless I'm missing something, it's only possible to add 1 frame at a time at the moment.

Same question regarding the vector fields.

Hello. I'm not saying it doesn't function as an addon. It does.The problem is the newer versions seem to have lost a couple of options from the rtm section.

Adding a single frame at a time is ok for anything under 10-20 frames. But it's not really useful for multiple actions with 50 or more frames.

I may have to revert to using 2.79 for a while. But I'll probably have to rebuild some rigs in the process. The bone constraints don't seem to be backward compatible.

My query is more about character animation than modeling. 🙂

Well those options work on my end. The add armature timeline keys and add frame range buttons.

ddebbe14a6c3e4778c4cb72c017b2365.png

The blender 2.8 update caused that issue. They removed an icon that one of those buttons used, which made those options disappear.
That is fixed in the latest toolbox version, so you might be using an older version.

I'm using 2.9 and 2.83 with version 3.0.4 of the addon. Neither works unfortunately. I only have the option to add or remove single frames.

I will update the release ASAP. I have recently added a few rather consequential updates to the code that I wanted to test a bit before committing, but it seems that most of it work. A few kinks remain that need to be addressed. In the meantime, pulling the source is the best practical solution.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Hello, so I'm having an issue where anything I try to import to a P3D is just the generic box I use the starter instead of the object i was trying to export(Just a simple wall 6 sides). I've tried reinstalling blender and Arma tools completely.  I have 4 objects setup, with Arma Object Propetieres. Custom, View, Fire, and Geometry. Nothing else in the blender file. System Console below. Thank you in advance for any potential help.(Also should note using latest version of blender and the version of toolbox found here. https://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=20519)

Nvm found the issue-For anyone else having this issue don't scale in object mode only in edit mode. If you did scale in object mode apply the scale Via CTRL A.

Spoiler

self =  <bpy_struct, ARMATOOLBOX_OT_export_p3d("ARMATOOLBOX_OT_export_p3d") at 0x00000258C5E1C528>
Write lod  0
Writing Vertices
Writing Normals
Writing faces
taggs: Named selections
named selections: Building list of selections
named selections: Going through vertices
named selections: writing to disk
Component01 -> Component01
named selections: done
taggs: sharp edges
taggs: sharp edges - gather sharp edges
taggs: sharp edges - write them
taggs: mass (if any)
taggs: named props
taggs: uvsets
Write lod  1
Writing Vertices
Writing Normals
Writing faces
Write lod  2
Writing Vertices
Writing Normals
Writing faces
Write lod  3
Writing Vertices
Writing Normals
Writing faces
command = "" "C:\Users\JOEMAF~1\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp5l77c_pf"
'""' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

So I've got the p3d loaded into the editor, the problem is trying to load the textures onto the model. It appears the the model properly imported the textures however they do not appear on the model, only the default grey. Is there a step I'm missing?

21 hours ago, ForseenEnding said:

So I've got the p3d loaded into the editor, the problem is trying to load the textures onto the model. It appears the the model properly imported the textures however they do not appear on the model, only the default grey. Is there a step I'm missing?

First of all, I will assume you have converted them to png because  Blender cannot cope with paa and sadly there are no hooks to teach it a new image format either.

You need to make a material and put the texture into the appropriate slot (diffuse color to the _co/_ca texture). The import should have created the materials, so you need only slot in the right texture.

Then, make sure to enable Blender's texture display
PMp0kEc.png

The function doesn't work anymore for some reason, I forgot to remove it. I need to make a new release, or you can download the code directly from GitHub, but with the latest version (on github, not the released one) you can simply add a triangulate modifier and it will automatically triangulate stuff when you export it.

Can you provide me with the GitHub link to download the latest version please?

I'm new to this tool, blender AND python but I already managed to make an automated command line builder for generating 2000 different sized in game roadsign models! Kudos to Alwarren.

I've got one question - the only way I could see in code to set vertex weight was by doing it through the window manager context prior to using distmass(), i.e.

bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode = "EDIT")
        bpy.data.window_managers["WinMan"].armaGUIProps.vertexWeight=100.0
        bpy.ops.armatoolbox.distmass()
        bpy.ops.object.mode_set(mode = "OBJECT")

but this feels a little "hacky" - I tried supplying distmass with the mass as a numeric argument, and while it didn't bitch, it didn't do anything at all. Am I doing it right, or is there a "proper" way of doing this? It's the only place in my code where I had to resort to using window_managers.

• Thanks 1