Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

On 1/18/2020 at 11:04 PM, ethant97 said:

any help on how to actually use this tool?

"the error being spat out" is not a good bug report, you know.

I happen to know what error this is though and I have fixed it in the meantime. I'll release an update shortly, but if you want to you can fix it like this:

Go to your %APPDATA%\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox

Open ArmaTools.py in a text editor

Find line 577 which should read something like

bpy.context.active_object.vertex_groups.new(name=selection)

bpy.context.active_object.vertex_groups.new(selection)

Edit it to read

bpy.context.active_object.vertex_groups.new(name=selection)

Save, and you are done

Hey,

I'm having a problem exporting my model. I always get the following issue:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\Salbei\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py", line 223, in execute
    exportMDL(self, filePtr, self.selectionOnly);
  File "C:\Users\Salbei\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 511, in exportMDL
    export_lod(filePtr, obj, wm, idx)
  File "C:\Users\Salbei\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 441, in export_lod
    writeMass(filePtr, obj, mesh)
  File "C:\Users\Salbei\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.81\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 320, in writeMass
    weight_layer = bm.verts.layers.float['FHQWeights']
KeyError: 'BMLayerCollection[key]: key "FHQWeights" not found'

What am I missing?

Edit: Some how fixed it, no clue how.

On 2/2/2020 at 12:18 AM, [A] Salbei said:

Edit: Some how fixed it, no clue how.

You can fix it usually by saving the file and re-loading it.

• Like 1

I'm receiving the following error when attempting to tick the box to enable Arma Toolbox in Blender 2.79...

------

Report: Error

File "C:\Program Files\blender-2.79-windows64\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 331, in enable

mod = __import__(module_name)

File "C:\Users\DoD_Admin\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.79\scripts\modules\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py", line 49

o2ScriptProp : bpy.props.StringProperty(

^

SyntaxError: invalid syntax

------

Any assistance or insight would be greatly apppreciated.

Thanks!

On 2/14/2020 at 12:14 AM, bl4444 said:

File "C:\Program Files\blender-2.79-windows64\2.79\scripts\modules\addon_utils.py", line 331, in enable

[...]

o2ScriptProp : bpy.props.StringProperty(

You are using the wrong version of the plugin. There had been incompatible changes between Blender 2.79 and 2.80, and the version you are using is for 2.80 only.

The last supported version for 2.79 is this one: https://github.com/AlwarrenSidh/ArmAToolbox/releases/tag/bf-1

Note that I am no longer developing the 2.79 version; I might throw in the occasional bug fix, but any new development will be restricted to 2.80.

Hope this helps.

• Like 1

Hey, I'm getting an error when exporting my model to p3d and, since this is my first time modelling, I have no idea on what's wrong. I tried exporting the default cube with the same parameters, texture and rvmat attached and it returned no errors, so I can only imagine the problem is on my model. Here's the log:

File "C:\Users\556Moe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py", line 223, in execute
    exportMDL(self, filePtr, self.selectionOnly);
  File "C:\Users\556Moe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 511, in exportMDL
    export_lod(filePtr, obj, wm, idx)
  File "C:\Users\556Moe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 423, in export_lod
    writeFaces(filePtr, obj, mesh)
  File "C:\Users\556Moe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 112, in writeFaces
    materialName, textureName = getMaterialInfo(face, obj)
  File "C:\Users\556Moe\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.82\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\..\ArmaToolbox\MDLexporter.py", line 31, in getMaterialInfo
    texType = material.armaMatProps.texType;
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'armaMatProps'

Thanks in advance!

have you ticked your object to use Arma Properties in the ArmaToolbox Tab?

It is best to export with "selected only" ticked so that the exporter does not touch any other objects but the ones you have set up as LOD objects.

9 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

have you ticked your object to use Arma Properties in the ArmaToolbox Tab?

If you mean the Arma Object Properties in the "N" menu, then yes. I exported a simple cube with no problems using the same configuration. Must be something wrong with my model, I presume. Is this how the "N" menu is supposed to look for the highest LOD model? Btw, not sure if it matters, but I'm modelling headgear.

FpEnMTQ.jpg

Sorry, I just started modding a few days ago, I'm still really lost.

27 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

It is best to export with "selected only" ticked so that the exporter does not touch any other objects but the ones you have set up as LOD objects.

I tried exporting them one by one (by deleting the others) and with "Selected Only" ticked, but I still get the same error. The only objects in the scene are 3 LOD objects and one shadow volume object. Thanks for the help, btw.

25 minutes ago, HorribleGoat said:

do you have the right version of the toolbox? for 2.8x from the github?

Yes, I have version 3.0.4 of the toolbox.

Have you set the Arma Object checkbox on anything else but a mesh object?

4 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Have you set the Arma Object checkbox on anything else but a mesh object?

Nope, I have only 4 mesh objects in my scene. I also tried exporting them one by one by deleting all the others, but still got the same error.

14 hours ago, 556Moe said:

Nope, I have only 4 mesh objects in my scene. I also tried exporting them one by one by deleting all the others, but still got the same error.

Can you send me the blend file?

On 2/17/2020 at 12:10 PM, Alwarren said:

Hope this helps.

It definitely did. That did the trick!

Thanks for your help!

12 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

unknown.png

You have this empty material in all your objects. That is what the exporter cant handle.

Wow, totally missed that. Thanks and sorry for taking your time, worked like a charm!

Hi All,

I've just installed the newest Arma Toolbox 3.0.4 for Blender 2.82, and during the export I get following errors. File gets created but will not open in the Object Builder for Arma 3. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Spoiler

lAUiJ41.png

It literally says in the error message that your model contains n-gons which cannot be handled. Check if any polygon has more than 4 sides, and triangulate them if they do.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, 556Moe said:

Wow, totally missed that. Thanks and sorry for taking your time, worked like a charm!

I should probably built in a safeguard against that.

13 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

It literally says in the error message that your model contains n-gons which cannot be handled. Check if any polygon has more than 4 sides, and triangulate them if they do.

Some times four eyes are better than two. Thank you so much worked like a charm.

• Haha 1

is there ANY documentation on the UI in blender and what everything does for either the 2.79 version or 2.8? 

There used to be an old PDF but it is outdated, and I haven't done any more documentation. I hardly get the time to work on the toolbox, so it is not very likely to change I'm afraid.

12 hours ago, Alwarren said:

There used to be an old PDF but it is outdated, and I haven't done any more documentation. I hardly get the time to work on the toolbox, so it is not very likely to change I'm afraid.

can vehicles be animated in blender and then exported from blender to OB? Then from there the cfg or code call the animation? How does one get keyframe vehicle animation from blender to OB? Does the toolbox support cycles in blender?

https://prnt.sc/rnjivd