Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

Much more important question...

Do you know how to get this bitch to sit down flat? 😄

It's a backpack - so it has an angle for when it is on a player's back.

konkurs-bitch.jpg

The thing so far...

thing.jpg

12 hours ago, RSandiford said:

Sure. But I figure that no one would add a vert to a group unless they intended it to be there. Maybe there are situations where you would? I dunno.

If nothing else perhaps it'll help someone in the future.

A Named selection in MLOD files merely contains a single entry per vertex, and it is the weight of the vertex in that selection. A zero weight means it isn't part of the selection, therefore it is impossible to write a named selection into an MLOD file that has a zero weight BUT still is part of the named selection. 

The bottom line is, it is technically impossible.

10 hours ago, RSandiford said:

Do you know how to get this bitch to sit down flat? 😄

Hmm, land contact maybe? 

was it possible to have different model for when its equipped and different for when its on ground?

10 hours ago, Alwarren said:

A Named selection in MLOD files merely contains a single entry per vertex, and it is the weight of the vertex in that selection. A zero weight means it isn't part of the selection, therefore it is impossible to write a named selection into an MLOD file that has a zero weight BUT still is part of the named selection. 

The bottom line is, it is technically impossible.

Ah, makes sense.

10 hours ago, Alwarren said:

Hmm, land contact maybe? 

Doesn't seem to help. I have these two points specified:

land-contact.jpg

I'm going to see if I can find a spine bone or set of spine points that it's lined up with right way, then I can set the model straight and angle it that way.

9 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

was it possible to have different model for when its equipped and different for when its on ground?

Haven't heard of this. Might be nice if it is possible.

konkurs-bitch-2.jpg

Heh...

I don't care. It'll do for now, until someone tells me why ArmA hates me 😄

• Haha 1

First time using this exporter (along with modeling for arma), for testing Im just using the default cube in blender(2.80 with 3.0.3). I spawned the cube, set its LOD Type as Geometry, set its mass to 12kg and exported/brought it into the game. The mesh had collisions, but was not visible. Then i spawned another cube, set its LOD Type as View Geometry, selected both cubes and exported them again, brought them into arma and had the same result with no visible mesh but had collision. Im assuming from the name that View Geometry is the mesh that we would see correct?

Edit: I changed the View Geometry to Custom, now in the game I can see the mesh, but I can walk right through it.

Edit2: Figured it out, I needed to select Create Geometry Components for the geometry mesh and it is now working

Im slowly starting to figure things out, however one thing I have been stuck on for about 2 hours is hit points. Can someone tell me their steps for making hit points? For example right now I have a single rectangle that is separated into 2 vertex groups (top/bottom), im trying to make it so when i shoot the top of the rectangle it hits the hit point Top and when i shoot the bottom of the rectangle it hits the hit point Bottom.

next question (easier probably). I have a mesh that Im trying to set a few zones on to hit, the problem is only 2 of the 5 zones are actually detecting hits and the rest are not for some reason (as shown by the bullet holes in the image below) and I cannot figure this out for the life of me.

collision-issue.png

UPDATE: fixed some of the zones after someone told me about not having non convex shapes however im still having the same issue, heres the new .blend

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8efbn8efzl5ry04/untitledNEW.blend?dl=0

Hello all, I wanted to rework one of my old projects now with blender 2.8. However when trying to import I only ever get the first LOD in my collections of whatever p3d I try to import. I receive this error: 

Spoiler

5ffb8f1127c65beff2410dd739fac2e8.png

I/O error: 'Scene' object has no attribute 'update' <traceback object at 0x000001E9C462FDC8> - I/O error: Exception while reading

I am running on blender version 2.80.75 and the latest git-hub version of the Toolbox. The O2Script.exe path is also given. I have also tried other p3d's, including some from the ArmA3 Samples. I have asked earlier today in the A3 Discord but the suggestions there unfortunately did not solve my issue.

Hope anyone can suggest some solution, sadly I do not know how to troubleshoot this..

1 hour ago, Cherkasov said:

Hello all, I wanted to rework one of my old projects now with blender 2.8. However when trying to import I only ever get the first LOD in my collections of whatever p3d I try to import. I receive this error: 

Hide contents

I/O error: 'Scene' object has no attribute 'update' <traceback object at 0x000001E9C462FDC8> - I/O error: Exception while reading

I am running on blender version 2.80.75 and the latest git-hub version of the Toolbox. The O2Script.exe path is also given. I have also tried other p3d's, including some from the ArmA3 Samples. I have asked earlier today in the A3 Discord but the suggestions there unfortunately did not solve my issue.

Hope anyone can suggest some solution, sadly I do not know how to troubleshoot this..

did you make sure to uninstall any old versions of the toolbox when installing 3.0.3?

21 hours ago, gokitty1199 said:

Im slowly starting to figure things out, however one thing I have been stuck on for about 2 hours is hit points. Can someone tell me their steps for making hit points? For example right now I have a single rectangle that is separated into 2 vertex groups (top/bottom), im trying to make it so when i shoot the top of the rectangle it hits the hit point Top and when i shoot the bottom of the rectangle it hits the hit point Bottom.

next question (easier probably). I have a mesh that Im trying to set a few zones on to hit, the problem is only 2 of the 5 zones are actually detecting hits and the rest are not for some reason (as shown by the bullet holes in the image below) and I cannot figure this out for the life of me.

collision-issue.png

UPDATE: fixed some of the zones after someone told me about not having non convex shapes however im still having the same issue, heres the new .blend

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8efbn8efzl5ry04/untitledNEW.blend?dl=0

You must not have non-convex shapes in the fire geometry. Also make sure that you have defined Component01, Component02 etc, there is a function in the Arma 3 Tools shelf that allows you to generate these automatically (only the selections; you have to ensure the convexity yourself still)

5 hours ago, Cherkasov said:

Reveal hidden contents

Definitely make sure to have the old version deleted.  Also make sure it's the latest version: https://github.com/AlwarrenSidh/ArmAToolbox/releases/tag/v3.0.3-alpha

Thank you both for your replies,

I have now gone and deleted any old/duplicate version of the Toolbox manually. I can now import the full p3d however I can not verify if that did the trick..

Regardless, problem solved 🙂

@Alwarren I can not seem to get ArmaToolbox installed I am using the most recent version of blender and when I try to add it as an addon nothing happens? Is there a special way I am supposed to add it?

16 hours ago, Alec Sickler said:

@Alwarren I can not seem to get ArmaToolbox installed I am using the most recent version of blender and when I try to add it as an addon nothing happens? Is there a special way I am supposed to add it?

Download the ZIP file from here https://github.com/AlwarrenSidh/ArmAToolbox/releases/tag/v3.0.3-alpha

Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Addons, and click "Install". You should then browse to the ZIP archive, and add a checkmark in front of the Addon when it appears in the list of addons.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B_C1BxZphNz9Xzc0UWUtQmhrNjA

This is a rather experimental release of the Toolbox, with one notable change in it. I tried to improve the speed of the export (working on the BTR-80, I had to export it many times and it was getting annoying).

To illustrate the speed-up I got, here's some simple time measurements:
Exporting the BTR-80 with one main LOD and a Driver View:

• Current Release Version: 1 Minute 30 Seconds
  • This experimental version: 11 Seconds.

I'd call that an improvement 😉 But I haven't thoroughly tested this release, so use at your own risk.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Quick question, in the 2.80 blender version, where is the option to attach the RVMAT and texture to the model? Or do I not need to do it anymore? Can't seem to find it where it used to be in the old 2.79 version.

Should be at the same place it always was, under Materials: 

DU97Zwn.png

First post updated with a link to a new version. Note that this is only for Blender 2.80 and beyond.

I have managed to improve both the import and export speed significantly. This comes at the cost of slightly higher memory requirements, but in general, this additional memory shouldn't cause any problems. 

Please give it a try and let me know if you have problems.

• Thanks 1

Turns out I had been messing with parameters, but without ticking the box to activate it!

I had to pull the new release because of some problem. I'll notify when the fix is out.

Problem is fixed. Apparently some models have sharp edges referenced in their #SharpEdges tagg that are not or no longer there, which could cause an exception in the script. Please redownload if you have already downloaded it

• Like 1

question about making a hitpoint cloud

filled out the name box, hit the button, and the error being spat out is saying that there has to be a name

any help on how to actually use this tool?