Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

have you set up the O2Script path in the Toolbox settings in the Blender settings - addons tab?

1 minute ago, HorribleGoat said:

have you set up the O2Script path in the Toolbox settings in the Blender settings - addons tab?

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\

Like so? Or should it be the actual file?

2 minutes ago, RSandiford said:

D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Arma 3 Tools\ObjectBuilder\

Like so? Or should it be the actual file?

OK I set it to path/to/O2Script.exe and it works now 😄

Thanks very much!

• Thanks 1

I'm all kinds of confused about adding mass to geometry LOD...

I don't have the mass option that is shown here when selecting geo LOD http://friedenhq.org/arma-ii/using-the-fhq-arma-toolbox-for-blender/

And then, I have no idea to assign weight to components (When I import a sample it shows weight, but even then it's not editable)

Halp?

you need to be in edit mode and the mass tools become available in the left side toolbars Arma tab

6 hours ago, HorribleGoat said:

you need to be in edit mode and the mass tools become available in the left side toolbars Arma tab

I see, thanks. Is there an up to date guide on this, or no?

I've set component weights by selecting component, specifying weight to set, then press set mass on selected. The pressing distribute mass to selected twice. I don't know why, it seemed to give it 8x more weight unless pressed twice. I'm sure these are doing something I don't understand.

Still no mass setting for the whole geom. It's it auto calculated?

48 minutes ago, RSandiford said:

I've set component weights by selecting component, specifying weight to set, then press set mass on selected. The pressing distribute mass to selected twice. I don't know why, it seemed to give it 8x more weight unless pressed twice. I'm sure these are doing something I don't understand.

Still no mass setting for the whole geom. It's it auto calculated?

"Set Mass on selected" sets the entered mass on all selected vertices. Usually, you will want to use "Distribute mass on selected".

8 minutes ago, Alwarren said:

"Set Mass on selected" sets the entered mass on all selected vertices. Usually, you will want to use "Distribute mass on selected".

Yes.. I see. There is an update delay on the "ARMA group weight" display, so I was having to press it twice before I saw the result.

How about overall weight for the geom lod? I set a named property called mass which seemed to do something, but not sure 🙂

15 hours ago, RSandiford said:

How about overall weight for the geom lod? I set a named property called mass which seemed to do something, but not sure 🙂

Only the mass assigned to components/vertices will be used.

Hi Alwarren,

Steam recently updated my Blender to 2.80, so I though I will give it a try. Downloaded latest Toolkit for 2.8, but couldn´t find an option to export .rtm files anymore. Is this option still available?

Kind regards,

On 7/31/2019 at 11:00 PM, Rismarck said:

Steam recently updated my Blender to 2.80, so I though I will give it a try. Downloaded latest Toolkit for 2.8, but couldn´t find an option to export .rtm files anymore. Is this option still available?

Check the Console  (Menu Window->Toggle System Console) and check if there are any error messages visible

Please find below message log (latest Toolbox build)

Spoiler

0vjZJQZ.jpg

Are you sure you have the latest version? Also make sure you don't install over an old version, remove it entirely before you update.

I downloaded the latest version, which is listed in the forum. But Blender Addon tab shows version 3.0.0. I completely deleted the addon before.

Blender 2.8 is a fresh installed/updated by Steam. Before that I used 2.79 also Steam version.

guys, im having some problems exporting RTM. For some reason the option doesnt show in the export tab.

Its probably the same problem Rismarck is experiencing

I cannot reproduce any issues with loading the addon; it works fine for me, I have no clue what could be wrong here. @Eladorn, have you checked the system console?

Having the same issue with exporting rtm missing from the menu. Blender 2.80, downloaded from Blender website, using latest version of toolbox;

Spoiler

Read prefs: \AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\config\userpref.blend
AL lib: (EE) SetChannelMap: Failed to match front-center channel (2) in channel map
found bundled python: \Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\python
Arma Toolbox registering
Internal classes...
properties
registering properties
operators
panels
lists
Register done
Register done
Read blend: \ArmaRig_V6_2.blend
Load Hook: \ArmaRig_V6_2.blend
Dependency cycle detected:
  OBArmaRig/RightArm/POSE_IK_SOLVER() depends on
  OBArmaRig/RightForeArm/BONE_READY() via 'IK Solver Owner'
  OBArmaRig/RightForeArm/BONE_CONSTRAINTS() via 'Constraints -> Ready'
  OBArmaRig/@Control_RArmTwist/BONE_DONE() via 'Action'
  OBArmaRig/@Control_RArmTwist/BONE_READY() via 'Ready -> Done'
  OBArmaRig/@Control_RArmTwist/BONE_CONSTRAINTS() via 'Constraints -> Ready'
  OBArmaRig/@Control_RArmTwist/BONE_POSE_PARENT() via 'Pose -> Constraints Stack'
  OBArmaRig/RightArm/BONE_DONE() via 'Parent Bone -> Child Bone'
  OBArmaRig/RightArm/POSE_IK_SOLVER() via 'IK Chain Result'
Dependency cycle detected:
  OBArmaRig/LeftArm/POSE_IK_SOLVER() depends on
  OBArmaRig/LeftForeArm/BONE_READY() via 'IK Solver Owner'
  OBArmaRig/LeftForeArm/BONE_CONSTRAINTS() via 'Constraints -> Ready'
  OBArmaRig/@Control_LArmTwist/BONE_DONE() via 'Action'
  OBArmaRig/@Control_LArmTwist/BONE_READY() via 'Ready -> Done'
  OBArmaRig/@Control_LArmTwist/BONE_CONSTRAINTS() via 'Constraints -> Ready'
  OBArmaRig/@Control_LArmTwist/BONE_POSE_PARENT() via 'Pose -> Constraints Stack'
  OBArmaRig/LeftArm/BONE_DONE() via 'Parent Bone -> Child Bone'
  OBArmaRig/LeftArm/POSE_IK_SOLVER() via 'IK Chain Result'
Detected 2 dependency cycles
write_customdata error: layer '':15 - can't be written to file
rna_uiItemO: operator missing srna 'armatoolbox.exportrtm'

\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py:432

\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.80\scripts\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py:432

fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\ASCExporter.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\ASCImporter.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\ArmaProxy.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\ArmaTools.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\BITxtWriter.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\MDLImporter.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\MDLexporter.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\RTMExporter.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\RVMatTools.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\SelectionTools.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\lists.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\operators.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\panels.py'
fake_module: addon missing 'bl_info' gives bad performance!: '\\AppData\\Roaming\\Blender Foundation\\Blender\\2.80\\scripts\\addons\\properties.py'

NOTE I removed the beginnings of paths for my own security, you can never be too careful..

11 minutes ago, Robb_ said:

I think you guys are using armatoolbox version 3.0.2....

You are absolutely right.. I just downloaded the one from the first post which points to 3.0.2...

Have just discovered that if vertex weight on vertices in vertex groups is set to 0, the groups don't export!

phys-X-weight.jpg

Not sure if this is intentional, but it certainly caught me out. I couldn't figure out why my geometry wasn't working, until I noticed that were no selections in OB.

That is because a vertex weight of zero means the vertex doesn't really belong to that named selection and the exporter doesn't export empty groups because they tend to clutter everything while being completely useless

Exactly. Zero means the vertex is not part of the group and will not get exported as such. 

Sure. But I figure that no one would add a vert to a group unless they intended it to be there. Maybe there are situations where you would? I dunno.

If nothing else perhaps it'll help someone in the future.