Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

Problems in exporting model using Toolbox in Blender, it does not matter P3D correctly.

Edited by Makad

I also have this problem in exporting model using Arma 3 Toolbox, it does not matter right P3D.:confused:

I don't understand the question to be honest.

I also have this problem in exporting model using Arma 3 Toolbox, it does not matter right P3D.:confused:

Yeah, that is what you wrote earlier, and what I do not understand. You have what problem in exporting? What do you mean with "it does not matter right P3D"?

Yes, I found a posting your about my problem, now it's all right, thank you for your attention and help. Erro - http://prntscr.com/7cqpf6 Correction - http://prntscr.com/7cqojr

---------- Post added at 18:49 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Sorry me for my English and how I expressed.

Ah, the problem was the scale... yeah you currently need to apply the scale before exporting.

No worries about your English, most of us aren't native speakers :) Glad your problem is sorted out.

Hello, I installed you tools into blender but when I try to import a .p3d it gives me a wrong MDL version error and won't load. My p3ds are in a file on my desktop. Thanks.

Hello, I installed you tools into blender but when I try to import a .p3d it gives me a wrong MDL version error and won't load. My p3ds are in a file on my desktop. Thanks.

This typically means you are trying to load a binarized P3D. These cannot be loaded, Object Builder will also refuse to load them.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

I come back :)

I follow this thread with attention ! I know that i promised you to give you pics about the "ghost face" , but i took hollidays in modelling because of not enought time and motivation !!

I will do what i promised later !

During this time , i show you what i did whith your tool :) It is in this model that i had the little ghost face problem (in the mask logo ) :

http://www.imgur.com/a/l46rA#0

See you soon :)

Nevermind. I found Burnes's tutorial videos. Well worth watching.

Edited by [EVO] Dan

I come back :)

During this time , i show you what i did whith your tool :) It is in this model that i had the little ghost face problem (in the mask logo ) :

http://www.imgur.com/a/l46rA#0

See you soon :)

Sweet looking crate :)

Hellou.

I want to point out that this tool is purrfect.

Been looking into 3d models from blender to Arma 3 and came across a slightly frustrating problem for which google seems to not find answers.

So i export the model , all "cubes" have arma properties ticked and just in case i set weight 0 because someone had problems with custom weight objects not saving (also tried with weight 1).

After object is exported , it ends up around 9kb (it was 0 for a while but thats because my directory was wrong) and object builder sees only 1 cube , even tho the model is more complex.

What could be the problem ?

I have this issue as well, but all of them are joined and ticked for arma. But the hierarchy still shows that they are not joined, and ends up with one mesh showing instead of the rest on O2?!?

The geometry must be joined into one meet object, hierarchies are treated as separate objects. You must have joined them (Ctrl-J) together. You might need to break the parent relationship for the merge to work, not entirely sure and not near Blender right now.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Thanks for your help, Alwarrren! :)

Got it working, didnt realise there were 2 join commands but different in blender.

Just got a chance to try out the toolbox for the first time today and have to say it is ABSOLUTELY MAGNIFICENT tool and HUGE help.

Thank you so much Alwarren for making this!

It looks like I'll come back to Blender. It'll be easier with your awesome tool. :D

Thank you!

I've exported my model from blender but the texture does not show up in bulldozer? Any particular reason given I have an RVMAT and face texture? I can send my files if you want as its only a test model.

Dan;2968963']I've exported my model from blender but the texture does not show up in bulldozer? Any particular reason given I have an RVMAT and face texture? I can send my files if you want as its only a test model.

For each combination of texture and RVMat, you need a material. You assign this material to the faces in question, and in the "Arma Material Properties" panel assign the texture and RVMat. Blender's face textures are irrelevant for the process.

Is that what you mean?

For each combination of texture and RVMat, you need a material. You assign this material to the faces in question, and in the "Arma Material Properties" panel assign the texture and RVMat. Blender's face textures are irrelevant for the process.

Is that what you mean?

I did assign the material with the texture and the RVMAT, but it doesn't show any textures within O2/Bulldozer. I've assigned only 1 material and assigned it to the whole model before exporting. The model shows up fine in O2/Bulldozer but without the textures (although the UV unwrap is showing up in the UV sets in O2)

Dan;2968973']I did assign the material with the texture and the RVMAT' date=' but it doesn't show any textures within O2/Bulldozer. I've assigned only 1 material and assigned it to the whole model before exporting. The model shows up fine in O2/Bulldozer but without the textures (although the UV unwrap is showing up in the UV sets in O2)[/quote']

Is the path of the textures/Rvmats correct? Might be worth sending the files to me to have a look.

Ah I think I know what the problem is. When you select the texture, uncheck "Relative path" in the file select dialog. The path to the texture and/or RVMat must match the path in the addon. For example, if your addon is called MyGreatAddon, and you textures are in the data folder, then you must specify \MyGreatAddon\data\mytexture_co.paa. You can have a drive letter in front (P:\My Great Addon...). Unfortunately, the "Relative Path" is default setting and results in a very weird path specification.

No joy i'm afraid even though i've unticked relative path on everything I can find. Object still shows up correctly but without the textures still. I'll reupload what I've done. As a question, does EVERYTHING need to be on the P: drive because at the moment i'm just going from my desktop where I created the .blend file.

When I used colour instead of texture the correct colour showed up in Bulldozer.

Edit after some testing:

Removed all textures, put it onto the P: Drive, readded them in blender, then rexported and it worked! Thank you!!!

Edited by [EVO] Dan

Dan;2969343']Removed all textures' date=' put it onto the P: Drive, readded them in blender, then rexported and it worked! Thank you!!![/quote']

Yeah, if it isn't on the P-Drive, you need to "guess" the correct paths for it. Using a P-Drive definitely makes things easier.

Glad it's working for you now :)