Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

O thank you! I didn't updated the toolbox for a while.

Your work is awesome!

Edit:

With the old version I could have multiple objects per LOD. Now it doesn't work anymore, I have to join them into one. Otherwise it will duplicates LODs or creates 10 different geolods with the same object in it.

Edited by BlackPixxel

O thank you! I didn't updated the toolbox for a while.

Your work is awesome!

Edit:

With the old version I could have multiple objects per LOD. Now it doesn't work anymore, I have to join them into one. Otherwise it will duplicates LODs or creates 10 different geolods with the same object in it.

Yeah, the old version could merge LOD's, but it was not always working properly. At one point, I tried to get the multiple UV stuff in with the old (bitext-based) exporter, but that was incredibly slow, so I scrapped everything and went for a new, direct exporter, and lost the LOD merging along the way.

Its not really a problem. Now I have my multiple-object-object on one layer and just duplicate it onto another one, join the objects there and make an arma object out of it. It works fine on this way.

The only thing is that you cannot add RVMAT/CO-Texture paths to the multi-object-layer, because this is not an arma object. Instead of that I simply make a temporary Arma object, apply the material there and set the texture path.

Al.A while ago I mentioned some animation issues.Where the animation plays then

jumps back to it's start position,instead of continuing on.This is for dynamic animations,like walk/run cycles.

I should have mentioned before.When an rtm is exported and then brought into O2 initially,

It's "step" values are at zero.Regardless of there being movement.

Only after saving the rtm from O2 will the step values be added correctly.

Sigh... I should really get back to this, currently most of my projects lag far behind due to my work on CUP...

Well.It's not pressing.And of course,it's definitely one of the

things in your life that you don't have to do. :)

I just thought it better to post the info,in case it's relevant.

Even with the extra step in O2,it's still a better workflow than the BVH

Exporter.As the rig doesn't require "link" bones.Making it simpler,and

a little easier to work with.

Edited by Maczer

Apologies if this has been posted here before, however I have trouble opening files that I unPBOd from Arma 3. I get a "Wrong MDL version" error. Also, (I think) this same problem causes Ocean 2 to crash when trying to open .p3d files.

Anyone know a fix?

you cannot work with binarized/rapified .p3d models. Those are locked. Btw, all A3 .p3ds are binarized, there is no fix because there is nothing to fix

Hi,

I spent severals hours to try to create the LOD geometry under blender. :bored::raisebrow: It's not working. I think i have somthing who missed me.I think I have something who miss me. But I don't see what !:confused:

Because, I have already done with "Object builder" but its not really practical.

Easy when we have a simple shape, but hard when we have a complicated shape in 3d. So i would try on Blender.

My blender version is the v2.72.

I made this blender file test :

I made a simple cube on the fist layer one with a "custom" LOD preset under "Arma Object Properties" panel. (Custom Distance = 1.00, Mass = 1.00)

On the seconde layer, i put the same cube with a "Geometry" preset under "Arma Object Properties" panel. (Mass = 1000.00)

It's not working...I pass through the cube. :butbut:

>>> cubetest <<<

And my path file under blender to arma toolbox:

>>> Path <<<

If you can take a look ! I would appreciate it.

If you can take a look ! I would appreciate it.

Well the test file correctly exports to a P3D with a 1.0 and a Geometry LOD. Whatever your issue is, it's not related to the Toolbox. You might need a PhysX LOD for collision.

Well the test file correctly exports to a P3D with a 1.0 and a Geometry LOD. Whatever your issue is, it's not related to the Toolbox. You might need a PhysX LOD for collision.

:confused:...I am unable to do so..

I try to follow your advise, i take the same blender file. I add the same cube on a third layer with a "Geometry PhysX" preset with a mass 1000. I export the p3d. (I have selectionned my three cubes before the export) (but not joined the cubes).... I made the .pbo file with AddonBuilder, put the pbo file in "Addon" folder, launched arma3, make a mission on the editor; and on the preview, i see my cube but I pass through the cube. :banghead::banghead:

So i made an another test:

same thing i take my blender file, no third layer, just two cubes : "Lod 1.0" and "Geometry PhysX" on two differents layers ... it's not working. same result ... I pass through the cube. :banghead::banghead:

I don't understand why... I don't understand where is the problem...I don't see anything. i'm lost ^^... :butbut:

I don't understand because i found >>>this<<< on this thread, and there is no "Geometry PhysX", justs LOD's 1.0 and Geometry. I can't pass through the cube. It's working. All is working on this file ! :bounce3:

Could you help me ^^ ?

Thanks a lot !

Edited by Mrskyou

Could you help me ^^ ?

Well, as I said, I don' think this is a problem with the exporter.

What might be an issue is that your Geometry LOD does not have components defined, you might want to try and define a Vertex group, name it Component01, and assign a weight to it in the Arma object properties. That is all I can think of ATM, like I said, this is not an issue of the exporter as far as I can see.

Hello, I use Blender version 2.73a and would import an Arma 3 p3d object. But when I click Import P3D and have selected a P3d file I become this error: "Report Undefined Type; I/O error: Wrong MDL version".

Have you any Idea how I can Fix it?

Hello, I use Blender version 2.73a and would import an Arma 3 p3d object. But when I click Import P3D and have selected a P3d file I become this error: "Report Undefined Type; I/O error: Wrong MDL version".

You are trying to import a binarized model file. You probably unpacked a pbo and tried to read a p3d file in it, right ? When packing a mod, the models are converted to a binary format better suited for the game engine, but this can't be imported anymore. Try importing in Object Builder, and you will see similar results.

Hey, i'm completely new to Blender but I thought i'd give this add-on a shot since my head kept hitting the keyboard with O2. The add-on installed fine but I ran into an issue with 'Arma Object Properties' being blank and didn't allow me to change anything like the user guide is suggesting - all that was needed was a restart of blender.

Edited by chrisnic

That has nothing to do with it, the number you changed is just the minimum required version of Blender. In order to enable the properties panel, you need to check the empty check box next to the title, and it only works on mesh and armature objects.

That has nothing to do with it, the number you changed is just the minimum required version of Blender. In order to enable the properties panel, you need to check the empty check box next to the title, and it only works on mesh and armature objects.

Can't say I understood it either but it wasn't working correctly until I did that. To confirm my sanity I just edited the version back to see what would happen and I found that it was the restart of blender that was needed. If you load the add-on again or edit the version as I did during one session, you get no toggle option like this:

vpY8x1p.jpg

Which persists until blender is restarted. Not exactly an issue since restarting is kind of obvious when installing new stuff, but i've corrected my post above. Thanks for making this add on.

Edited by chrisnic

You always need to restart since Python scripts are compiled and cached. If you dont get the checkbox, toggle on the system console, you probably get an error message during drawing.

I am certain the version number has nothing to do with it.

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks

Hi, i'm a new user on blender

Tryin' to open a p3d file but my blender crash.

This file appears red on the select files bar.

How can i resolve that ?

Thanks a lot !

Tryin' to open a p3d file but my blender crash.

This file appears red on the select files bar.

You can't load them, you need to import them. Select File->Import...->Arma 3 (.p3d)

Please excuse this post. I am trying to file a bug report and the forums won't let me post links to the relevant discussions until I have made at least one previous forum post...

---------- Post added at 22:47 ---------- Previous post was at 22:46 ----------

I'm not sure if this is the right place to file a bug report, but I believe there is an issue with Blender 2.73 due to an underlying change in Blender.

When attempting to create an Arma 3 proxy, blender throws the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\script

s\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py", line 976, in execute

bm.faces.new([bm.verts for i in f_idx])

File "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.73\script

s\addons\ArmaToolbox\__init__.py", line 976, in <listcomp>

bm.faces.new([bm.verts for i in f_idx])

IndexError: BMElemSeq[index]: outdated internal index table, run ensure_lookup_t

able() first

It looks like Blender underwent a change to the underlying bmesh/bmvert api that may require some tweaks to your code.

blender announcement in release notes (bottom of the page, includes solution): http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.73/Addons

github issue: https://github.com/nortikin/sverchok/issues/474

discussion: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showthread.php?354412-Is-2-73-going-to-break-all-exporting-add-ons

Steps to reproduce:

Using Blender 2.73:

Add an Armay Proxy

Shift-A -> Mesh -> Arma Proxy

Check console for error messages

Confirmed.

Proxy objects are generated without issue up to version 2.72b.

Ah, I guess I should release an update. The proxy handling has completely changed since I ran into Blender limits with vertex groups names...

Send from my tablet, so pardon any autocorrect bollocks