Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

Currently testing animations with ArmaRig and this, will get back to you with the results!

Currently testing animations with ArmaRig and this, will get back to you with the results!

I managed to make hand poses and reload anim for my ACR with the exporter :)

Yeah, this rig is infinitely faster than the other one.

But one thing still remains, will be be adding the ability to make model.cfg animations from keyframes in blender? For weapons, if we could convert animations to the matricies in a model.cfg we could finally have complex animations.

Yeah, this rig is infinitely faster than the other one.

But one thing still remains, will be be adding the ability to make model.cfg animations from keyframes in blender? For weapons, if we could convert animations to the matricies in a model.cfg we could finally have complex animations.

I definitely want to, but I have no idea when I will get around to this. I'm going to change the RTM export to optionally use a bone to calculate the RTM motion vector still, then I'll have to see, probably going to continue with CUP work and my Remington pack - now I can finally use Blender for the reload animation :)

Sent from my LIFETAB_E10312 using Tapatalk

A quick note about ArmaRig and direct RTM export:

If anyone feels comfortable working with armatures,you can delete bones marked

with @Link_.They aren't necessary for Al's RTM component.They are specific to BVH export.

Edited by Maczer

Yeah, this is much MUCH better.

Sweet. Too bad the magazine anims cannot be RTM'ed as well.

Nice job HJ.

Deano didn't do too bad,considering he hasn't had much experience with Blender. :)

Looks like faces that share the exact same verts as other faces are getting lost.

Fixed. Next update will contain the fix for this, but I am working on one more thing before I release it.

i found another bug

if you assign weights to a model, it doesn't get exported.

it creates en Empty p3d instead.

interestingly, when you import a model that is weighted, you can export it.

but not if the weights are applied in Blender via the weight tools.

I can confirm that.But it's not consistent behaviour.And I have seen this happen before.

So I don't think it's a "fault" in the toolbox.

Until Al replies,you can parent the mesh to the armature using empty groups,then paint the

weights as you would normally.As opposed to using automatic weighting.Then try exporting again.

i found another bug

if you assign weights to a model, it doesn't get exported.

it creates en Empty p3d instead.

interestingly, when you import a model that is weighted, you can export it.

but not if the weights are applied in Blender via the weight tools.

Can you give me exact steps to reproduce this?

By weights, do you mean mass on the Geometry LOD? Or weights assigned via weight paint/Vertex grroups?

Weight assigned via weights paint.

to reproduce i just took a cube, subidivided it a few times, weight-painted it, exported and after the weight painting, the created p3d was empty.

you can create a second cube, make both arma objects, the second one without weight painting will get exported

the same applies to weighttransfer like for example from BIs arma3skeleton to an uniform.

Also, the console doesn't show any errors.

MfG SYSTEM

I tried a simple cube primitive too.Parented it with an armature,and it exported just fine.

Although I did have a couple of more complex meshes that weren't exporting after

applying automatic weights.

Parenting with empty groups or appending the model into a fresh scene sorted

those out.

Thanks guys... need to take a look at it myself to see what is happening.

Time for a new challenge then.

Prone animations and figuring out how the IK masks works in Arma.

Hello and thanks for the amazing framework to facilitate creation of Arma assets with Blender. As someone who can already work within Blender, it's a huge game changer. :) I should mention I'm a beginner to modeling for Arma in general. I'm excited to get this working and start cranking out some awesome stuff. However...

I'm having some issues however with my model... I'm attempting to create a building. There are two objects on two different layers. The first layer contains the "Custom" LOD object. The second layer contains my "Geometry" LOD. The Geometry LOD has two "Components" (Component01 and Component02) vertex groups which belong to the Geometry LOD. My issues are as follows:

I export and create pbo:

- By default, when I spawn the object, I don't immediately see anything. By accident I noticed if I open and close the map I can *barely* see my object flicker for a split second.

- There doesn't appear to be any collision, as if my Geometry LOD wasn't working.

- If I delete the two vertex groups (Component01 and Component02) on the Geometry LOD0, my object *is* visible (and on the plus side the UV mapping seems to have worked *yay!*), however, still no collision.

- Fire geometry seems to be having *some* effect, if I use my Geometry LOD as Fire Geometry instead I can see the bullets impacting more or less where they ought to be, and leaving bullet impact decals on the surface.

So, I'm stumped at the moment, nothing I can do can allow me to collide with my mesh :S

I'm using Blender 2.6.9 and Arma Toolkit 1.1. My files can be found at http://arma.quartermoa.com/mods/%40Building0.zip

Edited by superfluid

I'll have a look, but please be aware that I have no clue about buildings and can only help if there is a bug in the toolbox. Other than that, I can't say anything.

@superfluid - You have an empty view LOD(0.000) being created on export, not too sure why, just delete it in O2.

@superfluid - You have an empty view LOD(0.000) being created on export, not too sure why, just delete it in O2.

Indeed. I don't get that when I export the file, but it is the reason for the object's invisibility.

Thanks guys, I really appreciate your having a look. I feel like I'm really close to getting this working. After posting I redid some things. As you mentioned, the p3d file I uploaded did contain a 0.000 LOD. Not sure how that happened (likely I'd cocked something up during setup). I just checked again and it's no longer being exported (which is good). I went through and double checked again, now I can see my model but I can still pass through what ought to be Geometry.

Anyways, I started from scratch with the latest Arma Toolbox, attempting to model a simple cube with a very simple config.

Same idea, two objects, one is Custom LOD (1) and the other is the Geometry LOD (with a single Component01). Double checked in oxygen that I do in fact only have the two LODs I should have. I can get the cube into the game alright and it does render, however I still end up being able to clip through it. :( I feel like I must be missing something obvious here, but I'm not sure what it might be.

I shouldn't need to add anything to the config.cpp to enable collision to take effect, should I?

class CfgPatches
{
       class Crate
       {
               units[] = {Crate};
               weapons[] = {};
               requiredVersion = 1.0;
       };
};
class CfgVehicles
{
       class All {};
       class Static: All {};
       class Building: Static {};
       class NonStrategic: Building {};
       class TargetTraining: NonStrategic {};
       class TargetGrenade: TargetTraining {};
       class Crate: TargetGrenade
       {
               model="\building0\cube";
               armor=20000;
               scope=2;
               displayName="My lovely crate";
       }
}

I was perusing the .bitxt and it all looks sane, so I'm not sure what else might be missing, does anything look glaring here?

BITXT: http://arma.quartermoa.com/mods/cube.p3d.bitxt

Clipping: http://arma.quartermoa.com/mods/clip.png

Cheers!

Edited by superfluid