Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

There was a tutorial posted on Armaholic, I need to make a tutorial.

Thats awesome HJ !

And thanks for the update Alwarren

There was a tutorial posted on Armaholic, I need to make a tutorial.

Is that done through a "fired" event handler?

A fired event handler and a variable placed in cfgweapons to see if it should do it or not.

Just noticed that the import has a bug that fails to set the correct LOD for an imported model. I already fixed the issue, going to release an update ASAP.

Hi Alwarren,

Tool looks great. Still got some things to get used to in Blender...

But I tried opening anything from the Arma 2 Sample pack, but the only thing I get when I try to Import it via your tool is:

I/O error: Wrong MDL version

Any tipps?

Thanks

Best regards Mag

I have successfully opened a ton of the sample models, so it should work. Can you name one of the models you tried?

Been trying to open the AH-6X

(Air\CA\Air_E\AH6J\ah6x.P3d)

But then I guess I have try reinstalling your tools again.

Best regards

Mag

Edited by swissMAG

Been trying to open the AH-6X

(Air\CA\Air_E\AH6J\ah6x.3d)

But then I guess I have try reinstalling your tools again.

Best regards

CW3

Just tried it here, works flawlessly. As TheSystem points out, is the '3d' a typo, or are you maybe not loading an MLOD after all?

It was a typo... But I also had both the MLOD's and the OLOD's on my desktop sitting.

Sorry for causing trouble...

Works flawlessly. Thanks Alwarren.

Merry Christmas :)

New Version 1.1 released, see the first post. Notable new feature: direct RTM export!. Cam export static poses as well as full skeletal animation directly from Blender, no need to go via BVH export or O2. Full control of keyframes.

See http://www.friedenhq.org for all the details

direct RTM export!.

are you trying to kill me?

i want to shut off my PC and go to bed at least once a week :D

to be clear: thank you very very much

---------- Post added at 19:18 ---------- Previous post was at 19:05 ----------

are you sure you packed the right version? it still tries to install version 1.0.1.

Nevermind, you just did not relabel it inside the init.py, everything works fine :)

Edited by TheSystem

Nice work Alwarren! I see I need to find an extra 20 hours in every day now too :)

I'd love to have some quick video demonstrations to share with others, or perhaps even a simple video tutorial? I still have friends that don't think Blender is useful for ARMA and since they can't afford 3DSMax they simply don't model.

Nevermind, you just did not relabel it inside the init.py, everything works fine :)

I've updated the archive now.

Nice work Alwarren! I see I need to find an extra 20 hours in every day now too :)

Hehe

I'd love to have some quick video demonstrations to share with others, or perhaps even a simple video tutorial? I still have friends that don't think Blender is useful for ARMA and since they can't afford 3DSMax they simply don't model.

I'll see what I can do, but no promise.

Hi Alwarren,

first of all thank you very much for your effort.

I have a question but don´t know if it belongs here. If i want to use multimaterial for my model... is there any way to make the real textures visible in Blender instead of just the rgb mask? This would be important for making the lowres Lod of such a model. Obviously it is possible in max ( http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multimaterial ).

I have already been searching some of the Blender-forums but haven´t found a solution.

Hi Alwarren,

first of all thank you very much for your effort.

I have a question but don´t know if it belongs here. If i want to use multimaterial for my model... is there any way to make the real textures visible in Blender instead of just the rgb mask? This would be important for making the lowres Lod of such a model. Obviously it is possible in max ( http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Multimaterial ).

I have already been searching some of the Blender-forums but haven´t found a solution.

I don't exactly know how the multimaterials work. It should be possible to do this with nodes in GLSL mode if you have a mask. A lot of the nodes work in GLSL mode as well. I'll have a look if I get the time.

I've noticed the importer(v1.1) is losing some faces:(

T72(Tracked_E)		   Original 			Imported
LOD					  Verts  Faces	¦    Verts   Faces
1.000					7411	8484	¦	7411	8482
2.000					4828	5230	¦	4828	5220
3.000					3028	3144	¦	3028	3142	
4.000					1664	1636	¦	1664	1636	
5.000					 881	 822	¦	 881	 802
6.000					 541	 452	¦	 541	 448
7.000					 172	 159	¦	 172	 157
View - Gunner		    7499	8367	¦	7499	8365
View - Cargo			   17	   9	¦	  17	   9
ShadowVolume 0.000	   1130	1978	¦	1130	1895
ShadowVolume 10.000	   507	 918	¦	 507	 903
Geometry				  142	 242	¦	 142	 242			
View Geometry			 206	 201	¦	 206	 201
Fire Geometry			 307	 304	¦	 307	 304

I've noticed the importer(v1.1) is losing some faces:(

Hm, that might be degenerates. I wouldn't know where it would really lose them. I'll check it, but so far I haven't noticed any missing polygons :(

Hm, that might be degenerates. I wouldn't know where it would really lose them. I'll check it, but so far I haven't noticed any missing polygons :(

Looks like faces that share the exact same verts as other faces are getting lost.

WINMA9wl.jpg

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Great, thank you Foxhound!

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 17:30 ----------

Looks like faces that share the exact same verts as other faces are getting lost.

http://i.imgur.com/WINMA9wl.jpg

Nice, good spot. I will check this. I am not sure why Blender would throw the duplicates away unless you selected "Remove Doubles", but it might be caused by the way I generate the objects.

Wow!

great work!

RTM ....

http://imgur.com/vpW0zcl

Thank you very much for this wonderful gift.

Nice! I always would have liked to see real african animals on Lingor and Duala :)

This will be the time, because I'm on other projects, but before the end of the year, I promise you a pack animal to go into environments that you like: it's the least I can do for thank you for this bridge between blender and "bis game engine." :)