Alwarren

Arma Toolbox for Blender - Arma 2/3 exporter script

Hi,

how far away are your script to replace oxygen 2 by making models by Blender for arma 3?

I'm missing the new PhysX and Buoyancy Lods.

I'd like to make it only by Blender without oxygen.

Hi,

how far away are your script to replace oxygen 2 by making models by Blender for arma 3?

I'm missing the new PhysX and Buoyancy Lods.

I'd like to make it only by Blender without oxygen.

Well, for my weapons I usually do not need Oxygen anymore, but I only made weapons and attachments so far, so none of the fancy stuff for vehicles is in. I need to have a look at those and see what they actually do.

Well, for my weapons I usually do not need Oxygen anymore, but I only made weapons and attachments so far, so none of the fancy stuff for vehicles is in. I need to have a look at those and see what they actually do.

It would be great. Many thanks!

Hello,

I'am currently having a Issue when exporting my model out of blender as a .p3d.

When I export it does nothing and comes up with the following errors:

I/O error:float() argument must be a string or a number

and

I/O error: Operator bpy.ops.object.mode_set.poll () failed.conext is ncorrect.

My model is all joined up and I have the right directory for the script.exe, I have tried restarting blender, restarting my computer numerous times but still it doesn't work?

It would be great if I could get a fast response.

Thanks, Hem.

Hi,

it seems not to be a big problem to change the lodPresets array in the "__init__.py" to add the mission PhysX lods (PhysX GEO = 2e+013, PhysX Buoyancy = 4e+013).

I haven't tested it but from logical ist must be

('2e+013', 'PhysX GEO', 'PhysX GEO'),

('4e+013', 'PhysX Buoyancy', 'PhysX Buoyancy'),

greets

Hi,

it seems not to be a big problem to change the lodPresets array in the "__init__.py" to add the mission PhysX lods (PhysX GEO = 2e+013, PhysX Buoyancy = 4e+013).

I haven't tested it but from logical ist must be

greets

Looks about right. The last entry mustn't have a comma at the end, but other than that, this is how it should look.

Right now, you need to do proxies manually. Create an arbitrary triangle like a proxy, making sure that the first vertex you set is on the right angle. Create a vertex group, put all three verts in it, and name it proxy:<name of proxy>, for example proxy:\a3\data_f\proxies\muzzle_flash\muzzle_flash_rifle_mk20.0

Alternatively, use this file. Download it, select File->Append, and look for proxy.blend, then from the file choose Object->Proxy. Go to the Object Data tab and change the name of the proxy's vertex group accordingly. Vertex groups will end up as named selections in the MLOD, and a proxy is nothing but a special named selection anyway.

Not pretty, but it works for now. I need to overhaul the plugin and make a new release, currently adding MLOD import in anticipation of the release of the ARMA 2 MLODS :)

Heads up: A new version of the script is available. First page updated. This version features import functionality, better proxy support and support for the new PhysX LODs.

Enjoy :)

yay awesome!

fun fact, i looked so often in this thread that it is the first thing that pops up when i enter "BI" into my browser :D

yay awesome!

fun fact, i looked so often in this thread that it is the first thing that pops up when i enter "BI" into my browser :D

Hehe, I guess I should update more often :D

Now I can model the weapon in blender, make all of the lod's and proxies in blender, make the hand anims in blender AND make custom reloads in blender. Thanks.

Nice work! I haven't read all the posts in the thread so far but I imagine that there must be a Blender version that is ideal for it's use, over others?

I remember Leopotam's export script quite well and while I enjoyed playing with it I always longed for the potential that it promised. I hope you keep up the good work! Blender makes 3D modelling accessible to anyone, since it's free (and cross platform), and more games are desperately in need of such export scripts for it.

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks a lot, Foxhound. Much appreciated :)

Now I can model the weapon in blender, make all of the lod's and proxies in blender, make the hand anims in blender AND make custom reloads in blender. Thanks.

Hand Anims don't work yet, I am working on animation support though since I need cuistom reload gestures for my ACR and M2010, and I can't get this done in Oxygen 2

Nice work! I haven't read all the posts in the thread so far but I imagine that there must be a Blender version that is ideal for it's use, over others?

I remember Leopotam's export script quite well and while I enjoyed playing with it I always longed for the potential that it promised. I hope you keep up the good work! Blender makes 3D modelling accessible to anyone, since it's free (and cross platform), and more games are desperately in need of such export scripts for it.

I always update to the latest version of Blender when it becomes available, so you can be certain it runs with that. Right now, that's 2.69, I recommend to use the latest one.

If it hadn't been for Leopotam, I wouldn't have gotten into modding in the first place, so yeah, he's to "blame" for it ;)

Hi every one,

I've just installed the tools and apply the Addon but tutorial for import weapon in ARMAIII by using blender and this tools already exist ? It seems more easy than the use of Oxygen ;-)

Thanks for this work

There is virtually no difference between importing a weapon with Blender or Oxygen, you'll basically have to go through the same process for both. The Biki should offer some insight on that.

Thanks a lot, Foxhound. Much appreciated :)

Hand Anims don't work yet, I am working on animation support though since I need cuistom reload gestures for my ACR and M2010, and I can't get this done in Oxygen 2

There was a tutorial posted on Armaholic, I need to make a tutorial.

here is the link to the tutorial including a blender skeleton with the right bones (and names).

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=23432

And that skeleton requires some modification to work properly.

Edited by HJohnson