Sign in to follow this  
Blitzen

Crew Served Weapon Script Help

Greetings,

I was wondering if any kind and script savvy individual would be willing to make a script for me? I'm looking for a script that would deploy a HMG/TOW/etc. and then pack it back up when needed. I know what I want it to do, but I don't have the know how to pull it off:

1) Say in chat "deploying machine gun"

2) Play medic bandage wrap animation

3) Deploy gun--Can be an empty M2 HMG that is placed somewhere on the map

4) Pack the gun back up for later redeployment if it has not been destroyed. Say in chat "picking up gun" if the gun has not been destroyed and play the medic wrap animation again.

Could anyone make this for me? I tried searching and found one on OFPEC but the links were dead :(

Hi Blitzen,

Here is one little scipt package I have. Just edit it for what type of weapon you want to deploy.

Link

Thanks for the reply, I will have to give a shot. On first look it seems like its supposed to be used with a truck though? Im just looking for deployment/re-deployment without a truck/vehicle...

It can be used with just about any object, just give it a name and use that in exec line.

Nikiller might be able to come up with something more like what you want with the healing animation. He used that in some mission he made for the LOL clan.

Just tried it out in-game and it didn't work. =( Anyone else got any ideas?

There was a typo in the script name. Change it to "deploy.sqs" and try again.

I haven't tried it, just briefly checked the code, but it should do what you asked once you fix the typo.