Sign in to follow this  
zuff

Support Menu Script

Zuff's Support Menu Script 1.1

sprtMenu.png

About

This script gives a group leader the ability to call in support from other player teammates. From the action menu, you can call in CAS (close air support) and Transport from your friends. By choosing either your crosshair target or a map click, you'll assign another player a task (using a modified SHK_TASKMASTER 2). You then choose whether or not the task was successful, a failure, or just cancel it all together. Smoke is popped when tasktaker is withing 500m of target.

CAS Missions: Red smoke on target, Green Smoke on Taskgiver

Transport Missions: Yellow Smoke on Target

Note: You MUST be a group leader for this to work!

Here's the addAction menu hierarchy:

• Support Menu = Opens the Support Menu then your two options are:
  • Call for CAS = Opens up the CAS Menu
  • Call for Transport = Opens up the Transport Menu

Selecting the teammate to assign the task

After selecting either "Call for CAS" or "Call for Transport" you get a list of all available players and the vehicles they're in. You can choose one of two options for each player, either:

• Request Attack Run from PLAYERNAME'S VEHICLE at Cursor Target
  • Request Attack Run from PLAYERNAME'S VEHICLE at Map Click

The first will use your crosshair target the destination for the task, the second will open your map and let you click and choose a spot.

After you assign the task, your next options will be to choose whether or not the task was complete, failed, or to cancel the task.

How it Works

Done through addActions, shk_taskmaster2, and ASCOM. Taskmaster 2 handles the tasking, Ascom handles the networking so it works on dedicated servers. I'm sure there's a simpler way to do this but this is the only way I know how at the moment.

Download

Installation

Copy the "scripts" folder into your mission folder.

Add this to your init.sqf:

taskmasterLoaded = false;
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\ascomBackEnd.sqf";
call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "scripts\ascomFunctions.sqf";
[] execVM "scripts\shk_taskmaster.sqf";
waitUntil {taskmasterLoaded};
if (isServer) then {
   waitUntil { !isNil "ASCOM_Initialized" };
};
waitUntil {!isNull player};
[player, [[b][color="#FF0000"]"aHeli1"[/color][/b]], [[b][color="#FF0000"]"tHeli1"[/color][/b]]] execVM "scripts\supportMenu\supportMenuInit.sqf";

The helicopters' names need to be in the array's AND quotes, the first array is attack helicopters and the second is support helicopters.

So if I had three helicopters, named "aHeli1", "aHeli2", and "aHeli3" my line would be:

[player, ["aHeli1", "aHeli2", "aHeli3"]] execVM "scripts\supportMenu\supportMenuInit.sqf";

If had 1 attack helicopter and 2 transport helicopters, I'd use this:

[player, ["aHeli1"], ["tHeli1", "tHeli2", "tHeli3"]] execVM "scripts\supportMenu\supportMenuInit.sqf";

Get it? You can have up to 4 helicopters for both categories of Attack and Support

And you're done! Try the sample mission if you'd like to quickly test the script.

Issues

• None yet, lets hope it stays that way!

Changelog

• 5/1/13 - 1.0 Released
  • 5/2/13 - 1.1 Update
    - Fixed: Vehicles blown up then respawned using Tophe's respawn script still can receive tasking
    - Added: Tophe's modified Simple Vehicle Respawn Script (Modified to work without setVehicleInit command)
    - Added: Smoke now pops when tasktaker is within 500m of target.
    - Added: If CAS red smoke pops on target, green on taskgiver.
    - Added: If Transport, yellow smokes pops on target
    - Note: Tophe's vehicle.sqf is not required, it's just there for testing vehicle respawn.

Edited by zuff
v1.1 released

Thanks Imutep!

hey Zuff,

I get a lot of errors with WinRar and can't unpack the 7z file.

tried both d/l locations and can't get either to unpack.

Nice job anyway. Any chance of extending this to incorporate "attack" or "defend" missions for ground units?

It could be put to great use in domi style or insurgency so the squad knows the mission at that point. It could help to make the teamwork gel better given a common goal.

just a thought.

Edited by KevsnoTrev

hey Zuff,

I get a lot of errors with WinRar and can't unpack the 7z file.

tried both d/l locations and can't get either to unpack.

Nice job anyway. Any chance of extending this to incorporate "attack" or "defend" missions for ground units?

It could be put to great use in domi style or insurgency so the squad knows the mission at that point. It could help to make the teamwork gel better given a common goal.

just a thought.

Try using 7 zip for now and I'll work on getting a .zip file together.

I'll also add a feature to send tasks to other friendly groups. Great idea!

Yeah, if the script was able to pick up all CAS/support vehicles on the map when it is called (I'm thinking of dynamic spawns here) then that would be cool ! You could then task them for a job. Question however - once they finish your task, do they go back to what they were doing prior to the call ?

It's built for MP, I haven't added SP support, yet. I'd like to assign move orders and attack orders to AI in the future, but for now I'm focusing on MP.

psvialli I could kiss you right now

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&id=143715

New update release, version 1.1

Changes:

Fixed: Vehicles blown up then respawned using Tophe's respawn script still can receive tasking

Added: Tophe's modified Simple Vehicle Respawn Script (Modified to work without setVehicleInit command)

Added: Smoke now pops when tasktaker is within 500m of target.

Added: If CAS red smoke pops on target, green on taskgiver.

Added: If Transport, yellow smokes pops on target

Note: Tophe's vehicle.sqf is not required, it's just there for testing vehicle respawn.

Edited by zuff

LOL glad this works and will be adding it to our server and will let you know how we get on , Great Idea BTW !

Has this been tested on Dedi ?

Edited by psvialli

LOL glad this works and will be adding it to our server and will let you know how we get on , Great Idea BTW !

Has this been tested on Dedi ?

Had a full playtest last night on a dedicated and it worked fine.

Thanks Fox! You're the bestest.

*See's A3 mod*

*Instantly demmands A2 version aswell*

Should work? Haven't tested, myself. You'd have to use the original Taskmaster 2 script instead of mine.

this is a very clever idea. it could really make a difference if used in a good designed game mode. is there a fail state? like a time limit for successful CAS or something? would be nice to have some urgency to it. maybe even using scores to encourage people to do it. sorry if that's already in there. just thinking out loud.

this is a very clever idea. it could really make a difference if used in a good designed game mode. is there a fail state? like a time limit for successful CAS or something? would be nice to have some urgency to it. maybe even using scores to encourage people to do it. sorry if that's already in there. just thinking out loud.

Right now the task is only ended by either the taskgiver choosing the outcome (either success, fail, or cancel) or if the taskgiver dies its cancelled automatically.

I haven't thought about a point or reward system. If you have any ideas please let me know!

It's built for MP, I haven't added SP support, yet. I'd like to assign move orders and attack orders to AI in the future, but for now I'm focusing on MP.

Once you get this stable for MP, could you PLEASE consider SP version? As Beta and Full come out, there will be a lot more SP missions being made for A3.....thx!

hi, great script.

have you an idea how i could implement it into my map for 3 different teams?

I already have a scripts folder, is that ok? Your sample mission works but when i put it on my domination mission, no bueno. any help?

---------- Post added at 09:51 ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 ----------

installed the scripts and everything, your group manager works but this one no bueno :(..

this is in my init.sqf

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

execVM "vehicle.sqf";

execVM "grenadeStop.sqf";

execVM "pilotCheck.sqf";

execVM "taw_vd\init.sqf";

[player] execVM "scripts\groupsMenu\initGroups.sqf"

[360,480] execVM "cly_removedead.sqf"

if (isServer) then {

};

//Change the 2 arrays below for your heli names, eg ["aHeli1", "aHeli2"], ["tHeli1", "tHeli2"]

//Helicopter Names MUST BE IN "QUOTES!"

[player, ["aHeli1", "aHeli2"], ["tHeli1", "theli2", "theli3", "theli4]] execVM "scripts\supportMenu\supportMenuInit.sqf";

Edited by MackaRoney

i can not get this thing to work. It only works on your sample mission

Spent all night last night trying to get it to work. Beyond anger at this point. Can anyone help?

---------- Post added at 17:18 ---------- Previous post was at 16:47 ----------

Ok nevermind the answer was infront of me the entire time. apparently this

call compile preprocessFile "=BTC=_revive\=BTC=_revive_init.sqf";

execVM "vehicle.sqf";

execVM "grenadeStop.sqf";

execVM "pilotCheck.sqf";

execVM "taw_vd\init.sqf";

[player] execVM "scripts\groupsMenu\initGroups.sqf"

[360,480] execVM "cly_removedead.sqf"

if (isServer) then {

};

//Change the 2 arrays below for your heli names, eg ["aHeli1", "aHeli2"], ["tHeli1", "tHeli2"]

//Helicopter Names MUST BE IN "QUOTES!"

[player, ["aHeli1", "aHeli2"], ["tHeli1", "theli2", "theli3", "theli4]] execVM "scripts\supportMenu\supportMenuInit.sqf";

has to be first in your init line to work.

Edited by MackaRoney