Sign in to follow this  
carnophage9

Stupid waypoints!

When I am making a mission, for example, two blackop agents, one a cononial and one a major, I set them in a glider so they can sneak into the enemy base and assasinate a important Russian leader, but their first waypoint is to land far away from the base and then to meet up with their contact. None of the waypoints show up, and when I first tested the mission it worked fine, but after I added the Russian base and a few more cutscenes and tested it, the waypoints werent there! Well, they were there, the player just couldnt see them. And I think it would be too hard for a normal player to navigate halfway across an island, in the dark, with only a few markers like rocks!

What I want is when the mission starts I want to see that distinctive little yellow box that says "Land plane" and when I get out I want to see "Meet with contact" and so on and soforth.

Any help as to why this is happining (the dissapearing of waypoints) would be greatly appreciated.

hi carnophage9,

perhaps u forgot to click on show always at the waypoints setup (below on activation after u set them)...

greetz

snowflake

You can't see any waypoints while previewing. If you want to see your waypoints, you have to be in CADET mode and you need to export your mission into .pbo format smile.gif

Well the first time I previewed it I could see the waypoints!!! This is so confusing. I was thinking, maybe it was cause the graphic file messed up, cause sometimes the crosshairs arnt there when they should be cause the game didnt load them right. But if I try it a few times it works... wierd... Oh well, thanks anywayz, anyone else who has any suggestions please post.

carnophage9,

I have the same problem. I noticed that if I start OFP and go straight into the mission editor there are no HUD indicators, but if I start a single mission then quit back to the mission editor the HUDs are back until restarting OFP.

regards

c_c

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (c_c @ Sep. 08 2002,21:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I noticed that if I start OFP and go straight into the mission editor there are no HUD indicators, but if I start a single mission then quit back to the mission editor the HUDs are back until restarting OFP.<span id='postcolor'>

Same as me. So it's a bug, pheew... I feared I had to re-install the whole game... tounge.gif