Sign in to follow this  
ToM666

Deleting units / waypoints wont work

Hi guys

I have spent about an hour trying to find a solution to this, trawling your forums and the web.

I have started messing with the map editor in ArmA3 and absolutly loving it.

I am learning as I go using you tube videos and forums such as this.

However, I cannot delete anything on the map I am making.

It appears from what I am reading that you simply hold the mouse over a unit / way point and click the delete button on your keyboard.

However, when I try this nothing happens. I have tried selecting it, right clicking it, pressing the shift button, pressing the control button standing on one leg with a string of onions around my neck singing the national anthem and pressing delete and nothing works.

Now this seems to me to be one of those things where it is probably me being thick and misunderstanding something but for the life of me I cannot see what.

I am using a G15 keyboard that only has the "Del" key on the numpad.

Anybody else had this problem or can you point me in the right direction?

Also, if anyone wants a bargain I know someone that has 2lbs of onions going cheap.

If you hover over a placed object on the map, then hit the delete key, it should delete. You should not need to actually click on it or use shift, ctrl, alt, etc. When you are hovered over an object, the name of it will appear, at that point, delete should work.

Hi Guys

Apologies for posting in the wrong forum :o

As regards the fixes suggested. I've just tried them all and nothing works. I am using the Beta which may be partly to do with it but who knows.

Thanks for trying to help anyway

Regards

ToM

ctrl + x also not working?

Now then, that works :cool:

Thanks mate, that was really slowing me down mot being able to delete my changes.

Still dont know why the delete key isn't working it works in word etc.

Not to worry though. ctrl + x will do for now.

Just to make sure, if it did have something to do with Aero/desktop composition (which is a not-uncommon issue) then you wouldn't be able to use backspace, enter, or other key modifiers. The first time I noticed it was when I found I could not rotate an object using shift+click.

Good luck, hope it's not new keyboard time!

Now then, that works :cool:

Thanks mate, that was really slowing me down mot being able to delete my changes.

Still dont know why the delete key isn't working it works in word etc.

Not to worry though. ctrl + x will do for now.

for copy a unit ( ctrl + c ) for paste ( ctrl + v )

goodluck :)