Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: OA beta build 104648 (1.62 MP compatible build, post 1.62 release)

I think VON started to be jerky after it was moved to another port.

[95654] Improved: VoN now uses the same port as the game traffic, should make VoN more reliable (less NAT issues).

I guess when server is heavy loaded it cause VON malfunction too.

I think VON started to be jerky after it was moved to another port.

[95654]

I guess when server is heavy loaded it cause VON malfunction too.

That's indeed what I see happening a lot above the 3x Player count but it's inconsistent from server to server, indicating it might be server side related

---------- Post added at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 ----------

Overreacting much? Just downgrade.
No option because the CCP changes made a lot of units fully functional and other ones less or more lethan and more like what you would expect from them looking at availabe RL data for the very fist time in A2OA. Fulyl applied this is not just a tiny patch but a reaL GAMECHANGER towards the better. And I still remeber that the final patch for Armed Assault stayed in beta for more then 6 months after A2 was released. Edited by Beagle

That's indeed what I see happening a lot above the 3x Player count but it's inconsistent from server to server, indicating it might be server side related

---------- Post added at 01:54 ---------- Previous post was at 01:53 ----------

No option because the CCP changes made a lot of units fully functional and other ones less or more lethan and more like what you would expect from them looking at availabe RL data for the very fist time in A2OA. Fulyl applied this is not just a tiny patch but a reaL GAMECHANGER towards the better. And I still remeber that the final patch for Armed Assault stayed in beta for more then 6 months after A2 was released.

Downgrade to a 103xxx beta patch

Downgrade to a 103xxx beta patch
I have no problems with 104648...It's just that the whole community should play on the same build.

as others reported in this thread i cant use this build and has to revert to the previous build cause of the game hard freezing on me when joining a server which only lets me exit through task manager

@Dwarden: I didn't say VON was broken, I said it breaks up. In side or global channel, with many players on server, sometimes a player's message will drop out part way through. You will hear a few words, then silence, then a few more words, then silence, etc. You don't get the complete message the player transmitted through VON. This seemed to start with the 1.62 patch (non-beta) but it may have started with the change in the 95654 build mentioned by Vipera above - either way, it's been happening for a long time. I have asked our server admin for the current server build and VON setting we are using and will let you know when I find out. Since I'm not here on "official" business of our squad, I have sent you a pm with the server name so you can join it and observe the problem yourself as a repro but please try to do so on a Friday night (North American time) or some other time when there is a lot of players on.

edit: @Dwarden: Server build is 1.62.99806. vonCodecQuality = 7.

@Paintface: If you're using CBA, it will freeze - known issue when using CBA with this beta build (see here: https://dev-heaven.net/issues/71860). The CBA team is working on a fix. A new version of cba_common.pbo has been issued for testing (I have tried and it works) but is not useable for multiplayer games because it lacks signatures.

Edited by KaBoNG
added server info

KaBonG my suggestion is to use

1.62.103718 (relatively stable beta)

or

1.62.104648 (might be not so stable but unsure if due to wanted changes or due to regression bug)

server to test it,

99806 is obsolete from ours perspective , so the validation of 'problem still persist on latest branch code' must be done

Hi when i play with this beta i get alot of lag??

@Dwarden: We tested VON over the weekend using the 1.62.103718 server build. At 15 players, VON is rock solid. Above 20, VON starts to deteriorate. Above 25, several VON messages are noticeably broken up. The problem is worse when new tasks (i.e. a new town to capture) are being generated in Domination. This makes me think that game data being broadcast to clients is interfering with VON.

If it may be some help, here are the server specs and a link to the cfg:

Server specs:

CPU: Xeon E3-1230 V2 3.3GHz

RAM: 8GB

Connection speed:

100Mbps

We run 2 cores at a time:

First core runs on port 2302 (Vanilla CO, Domination)

Averages 20-30 players (max 40)

Second core runs on port 2902 (ACE/ACRE, Insurgency)

Averages 0-8 players

arma2oa.cfg:

http://pastebin.com/u1J3fUdf

@Dwarden: p.s. Side and Global channels appear to be affected the most by this problem.

@Dwarden

is it possible to add the object view distance to arma 2 in the 1.63 patch?

see here

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?155486-Will-the-distance-view-be-fixed&p=2400712#post2400712

thanks

old problem - object view distance is 50% of game view distance.When set 3km - tanks and others vehicles appears only at 1.5km.Big problems with it - but looks like impossible to change anything as nothing done since game release.

Actually from my observation this problem linked with hardware performance.Even players with latest computers are suffering problems with game.So imho, if you will increase these 50% to say 75% this might make your game fps equal 10.

From other side - in real anything which greater than 2km is not real.

http://archive.gao.gov/d31t10/145879.pdf

"Although Bradley and Abrams gunners were able

to see potential targets out to 4,000 meters or more, the images were no

more than thermal “hotspots.†Crews were generally unable to distinguish

between friendly and enemy vehicles beyond 1,500 to 2,000 meters under

clear conditions and as close as 500 to 600 meters or less during rainy conditions."

So imho developing war simulator using method of increasing view distance is wrong way.

Edited by kotov12345

" ..gunners were able to see potential targets out to 4,000 meters or more..". It confirms that in real life people are able to see targets 4km away. They only have problem to identify targets. In game we cannot see targets on big distance at all. This is the problem.

" ..gunners were able to see potential targets out to 4,000 meters or more..". It confirms that in real life people are able to see targets 4km away. They only have problem to identify targets. In game we cannot see targets on big distance at all. This is the problem.

lol - do you read full phrase ? first not people - talked about gunners in m1a1 and m2a2 second they able to see ''the images were no more than thermal “hotspots.â€

So needed to be implemented thermal viewer - which looks like not like FLIR, more like night view in game where distance targets will looks like dots.

lol - do you read full phrase ? first not people - talked about gunners in m1a1 and m2a2 second they able to see ''the images were no more than thermal “hotspots.â€

So needed to be implemented thermal viewer - which looks like not like FLIR, more like night view in game where distance targets will looks like dots.

This makes no sense at all.

Why would a nightvision detect distant targets?

This makes no sense at all.

agree non sense at all.So in good weather, at day time, for ground vehicles TAB-to-LOCK of enemy targets should work only on distances up to 2000m. In ideal case unless target within 2000m of another friendly unit.

Based on this fact need to change config of all weapons in game personal AA launchers need increase effective range from 1km to 2km and all TAB to lock functions limit with 2km or make it changeable.

Edited by kotov12345

Got Freezes too Random with 5785 ; All Versions minor 5785 seem to work. Freezes are like 1-3 hours playtime. Never had it with 3718. I use no VON.