Sign in to follow this  
JetlinerX

A faster paced ArmA - Insurgency!

Hey guys-

Recently I was turned on to this game called "Insurgency." Some of you might have heard about it from it's old mod state, but this is the actual game they made around it, and my God is it awesome. The best way I can describe it is a faster paced ArmA. It's like ArmA without the pre-firefight tactics. But once you are in a game... oh man, if you dont have tactics and teamwork, you're screwed. Which is prolly one of the coolest things about it for me. It goes against every modern days FPS "feature." Instead of taking 1/2 a mag to kill 1 guy, it takes 1 - 4 bullets, following all basic human anatomy. Ex - 1 to the head, 1 - 2 center mass, and 3 - 4 below the belt. Not to mention, I've seen a lot of requests for this on this forum for ArmA... and this game has it... that feature is... 3D SCOPES!

That's right, Red Orchestra style scopes! :D

Oh yeah - They already released the SDK, so all you modders and map makers can get to work! :)

Oh yeah x2 - It's on Steam now. http://store.steampowered.com/app/222880/?snr=1_7_15__13

I'm just gonna post the trailer now... I have expressed my opinion, and could go on for days about it... but I recommend it to everyone who wants an FPS focused on REALISM.

Edited by JetlinerX
Steam

Its a fast paced shooter game for all those who don't like CoD/BF franchise that much (or anymore) and maybe feel that Armaverse is somehow "too slow" and/or "too demanding" for their own gameplay liking. :)

What does it do better than the Insurgency mod? I wasn't too impressed by its realism back in the days. It very much felt like a slow paced CoDIV with free aim and more powerful bullets... Hardly comparable to Ostfront or ArmA.

It's nothing like ArmA. More like a more realistic version of Counter-Strike.

Ah, sorry, didn't see the other post, though I will mirror this video that I found on that post, as it has an interview with the developer who explains a lot of the new features (from the mod) without a wall of text.

Also, please note that this video is VERY old. The changes from this video are huge, so I will post a second video with a more up to date commentary as well for those of you who are interested, but want to know what it's like in its current state:

Finally, the last link is a very recent interview with the developer (same one from TotalBiscut's interview) and it should give you the most recent information regarding the current state, and direction of the game:

For those of you not wanting to trug through all that to find the answer to the question:

"What are the differences from mod to game?"

Here you go:

"We got a little bit away from the "restrictive" nature of the game in the way the squad system works, which was a deliberate design choice. We've spent a lot of time improving weapon feedback, which we felt was "okay" at best with the mod in comparison to the game. We also focused a little bit more on cooperative vs. AI which is something that was never even touched with the mod. This was decided because we've seen a growing trend in multiplayer games towards cooperative and we want to be a part of that." [Taken from the interview linked below.]

VIDEO WITH DEV INTERVIEW:

VIDEO THAT'S MORE UP TO DATE:

RECENT INTERVIEW:

http://www.rollinbros.blogspot.com/2013/04/interview-insurgency-2.html

Edited by JetlinerX

Noice :)

And SDK definitely out already ?

Yup, I am 100% sure of that. :)