Sign in to follow this  
killzone_kid

compileFinal is nice but lets improve security even more!

I've been considering this PVC approach, but need to know some facts, mainly..will for example

{

_myPV = "MY_PV" + getPlayerUID _x;

missionNamespace setVariable [_myPV, _myValue];

(owner _x) privateVariableClient _myPV;

} forEach all60Clients;

take 60 times longer than

MY_PV = _myValue;

privateVariable "MY_PV";

Not a problem for occasional use but what if you need server to update clients quite often?

I think publicVariableClient doesn't use the player's UID but the players temporary ID given when they log on. That the one you can see when you do #exec users

What about new command, something like

globalVariable [name, array of clients];

with more suited name, which could only work when executed on the server

if array of clients omitted then it broadcasts to all clients.

Would be useful if I only want to update clients whose avatars are in close proximity to my avatar in the game instead of updating the whole server.

will probably need respectful addGlobalVariableEventHandler

Edited by Killzone_Kid

setvehicleinit commands have to come back for non multiplayer environment. many people that just start and learn from example are affected by this. you should have options and explain how to switch them on or off.

setvehicleinit commands have to come back for non multiplayer environment. many people that just start and learn from example are affected by this. you should have options and explain how to switch them on or off.

90% (number made up to make a point) of the code, resources, tutorials and wikis you can find out there is not ARMA 3 code but stuff dating sometimes all the way from ARMA 1 and whatnot. It works, sure, but it's not ARMA 3 standards and I got a feeling that the more we advance through the ALPHA, the worst that old stuff is going to work.

You ever tried looking at the current Domination map for ARMA 3 that is being updated? There are some crazy stuff in there that seem to be older than most ARMA 3 players and yet, it works. I would NOT recommend anyone to try and learn from that though, you could go mad! In comparison, check something like the 404 Wasteland, it's simpler of course but it's also much better organized for new scripters to learn, commented to some degree and somewhat more up to date with how things should be done in ARMA 3.

And who makes 100% single player stuff anyway? You're much better off learning the MP side of things, then if you want do a SP, than the other way around. :)

I cannot see why it has come back.... It's uses were for MP, I thought. What case would having this for SP be required? Vs just running code right after object creation?

I cannot see why it has come back.... It's uses were for MP, I thought. What case would having this for SP be required? Vs just running code right after object creation?

Well it is not that important, however when you're a beginner and try some scripts and they don't work it puts people off. And there are a lot of samples around which use these commands it seems.