Sign in to follow this  
kinno

Mk18Mod1 [ALPHA]

GenomaStudios presents this Addon in beta containing one rifle model "Mk18mod1" with 6 camos textures.

Also include 6 AmmoBox configurated with 5 weapons, 25 Magazines, Muzzles, Optics, etc.

We work to improve the settings yet, but the beta version we publish believed to be quite accurate.

Not included m203 models, working on it!

Any help especially in the settings section will be appreciated.

If anyone is interested in helping, you can contact us through the blog, on our website.

thump_20573092013042800002.jpg

thump_20573112013042700004.jpg

thump_20573072013042700002.jpg

thump_20573132013042800003.jpg

Download from Armaholic

Alternative to download

Regards.

I highly doubt these are MK18 Mod 1s because that requires them to have a Daniel Defense RIS II rail and a 10.3 inch barrel.

• No recoil whatsoever.
  • Looks long to be a CQB modded M4 (IMHO).
  • Textures looks okay, need some TLC and more detailing.
  • Get rid of all the separate boxes and combine them into one box.
  • Reload sound has too much environment reverb
  • Your desert version is just a black version with a very dark tan grip and stock. You should get a bit more creative and do a spray paint job and make them all grungy looking.

Hi guys

Before being very critical to our work, GenomaStudios is a small group of friends whose hobbi starts recently.

thump_2057706obr55618profile.jpg

A7L4S, our work is based on this model, we try to model with more or less success.

Thanks for the test, SpectreRSG , do not know the real kick, so we reduce drastically when using the suppressor Genome

5.56 with barrel is a 18 " as the picture, we will continue working on the rest.

Regars

Yes with the suppressor the gun has zero recoil. Suppressor doesn't suppress recoil.

Nice beta, with the improvements above it will be a great mod.

Maybe you'll consider changing the name to OBR 556, just to clear things up.

Hope to see more of you guys.

Edited by pre-Vet

I can provide some better sounds for you. Reloads too if you want. PM me if interested.

Edited by oliie

02-088-07206l.jpg

Im not trying to be an asshole here, but using references is the first thing you are taught when you become an artist. With further research you would have determined that you are using the wrong model. I dig it though its a nice weapon it is just incorrectly named. This above is a MK18. I will still download this weapon and use it because I like what you have done and will always support new content.

https://danieldefense.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/0/2/02-088-07206l.jpg

Im not trying to be an asshole here, but using references is the first thing you are taught when you become an artist. With further research you would have determined that you are using the wrong model. I dig it though its a nice weapon it is just incorrectly named. This above is a MK18. I will still download this weapon and use it because I like what you have done and will always support new content.

Still wrong, Mk18 Mod 1 has a LMT Stock. Magpul stock isn't used in units that have been equipped with a Mod 1.

6221282.jpg

blasterj.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img404/683/fullg.jpg (150 kB)

Rgr the rail and the weapon are the main things I was concerned with not the stock. Stocks can be changed regardless of what the weapon shipped with. The crane style or regular stock could be put on any weapon in our arms room. If I recall correctly the mod 1 refers to the attachments at come in the kit not the weapon. So while yes you are correct that the stock is different, its not wrong considering the important part of the weapon (upper,lower, and barrel system) are the same.

ps: navy was not the only unit to get MK18's.

Still wrong, Mk18 Mod 1 has a LMT Stock. Magpul stock isn't used in units that have been equipped with a Mod 1.

While that may be true. That picture is more accurate due to the fact that it is an actual Daniel Defense MK18. That picture is from the Daniel Defense website. Also stocks are removable and replaceable by the operator(Although not sure if allowed). And personally I think the LMT stocks are ugly.

Also the original reference pic shows a LaRue OBR, not a MK18. So you may want to change the name of the mod. Also great work!

The weapon could be called Muffin-Thrower and I'd still like it. Good work, more camo's and more optics would be cool! Like the sound, like the model. Definitely the weapon of choice for now!

We appreciate all your comments and note, plus a name change certainly be more appropriate.

Regards

Will you implement the 'Digi Camo' which is used for the independent side? Or some kind of bushes on the weapon, like you can see on some helmets?

EDIT: I miss some echo in the sound and dynamic muzzle flash :/ But I still love the weapon.

Edited by Brain

Good initiative and good work, keep working and growing, greetings!

Firstly thank you for making this and sharing your work, secondly I'm not up on the technicalities of the correct model but its well made and i really like it. My feedback is that I think the textures are too dark. When indoors its difficult to tell the difference between black and the other variants. Also the sound seems too quiet and a bit tinny. Looking forward to the next update :)

While that may be true. That picture is more accurate due to the fact that it is an actual Daniel Defense MK18. That picture is from the Daniel Defense website.

Cheeseburger's picture is more accurate because it shows every accesory included in the Mk18 MOD I (Block II) program (wich features the DD MK18 rail). The Magpul stock might be permitted as a personal buy.

Good mod, but as stated, wrongly named.

Keep up the good work!

Thank you all for the feedbacks.

The following addon upgrade weapons, several changes will be made:

Rinse textures.

Renaming Mk18mod1 to OBR556.

Changing gun reload sound.

Increase the muzzle recoil.

We study the option of modifying or adding camouflage desert.

Will add a new weapon, the Barrett Mrad.

Image8.png

We are still in the process of modeling.

Thanks.

Your WIP looks good,

However I wouldn't increase the recoil, unless your soldier is a 14-year-old girl without any stability in their body.

A few cool things would be:

-Echo to the weapon sound

-Dynamic muzzle flash (like the default weapons)

-Maybe compability to R3F weapon items or FHQ weapon items

-As you said more camos, better colors

Your Mk18/OBR is however my current choice of weapon, I played a few good hours with it already.

Will the sniper have a sniper scope instead of the arco and the rco like the mk18?

Nice work, can't wait! Any plans on doing a MG4 or Masada?

Will it come in different textures?