Sign in to follow this  
Αplion

Hellenic Armed Forces MOD (HAFM) - Weapons (v1.13 update) & Units (v1.0) [ALPHA]

HAFM Weapons & Units

th_HAFM-UNITS100_zpsfad93fd0.jpg th_HAFM-WEAPONS-113_zps78a77e68.jpg

In this part of the MOD I'm releasing the Hellenic (Greek) Units, plus an update to v1.13 for our Weapons.

As this part includes my work so far in A3, I thought that it was better to open a new thread for it, instead of using the previous one that was only the Weapons part (I hope by this that I'm not violating any forum rule as this thread has been opened mainly for the new Units release).

The Units can be found under Independent side in game as "Hellas" faction.

All MOD parts are properly signed and a server key is included.

All relative classnames (for both Weapons and Units) are into the readme file included (it is updated for weapons also).

As always the MOD is coming as "modfolder ready" and it completely replaces all previous version files.

Special thanks to BI for this excellent game and Community for the constructive feedback provided so far.

Download Link : CLICK HERE (Mediafire Link)

Armaholic Link : CLICK HERE

Units Updated to v1.1 Download Link : CLICK HERE (Mediafire Link)

Units v1.1 Changelog
Now uniforms are selectable - usable without any conflict using [VAS].

Weapons Updated to v1.14 Download Link : CLICK HERE (Mediafire Link)

Weapons v1.14 Changelog

Some ammo boxes classnames and wrong dependencies has been fixed.

Aplion

Edited by Aplion

Adore the weapons and attachments in this its actually got me over from arma2 to 3 now, I look forward to looking at the units.

Many thanks for the effort.

Adore the weapons and attachments in this its actually got me over from arma2 to 3 now, I look forward to looking at the units.

Many thanks for the effort.

Thanks for the positive comment mate ... I'd be glad to hear your thoughts about the units too.

Having a few issues;

-the M1911 is oneshot kill to body

-cant get access to the uniforms with VAS / ‘Paper Doll’ Gear Selector but can when i simply spawn the units

but otherwise a great addon :-)

Having a few issues;

-the M1911 is oneshot kill to body

-cant get access to the uniforms with VAS / ‘Paper Doll’ Gear Selector but can when i simply spawn the units

but otherwise a great addon :-)

The M1911 is a powerfull handgun using .45mm caliber bullets much more powerfull than game default 9mm bullet weapons) ... I believe that must be one-shot / one-kill weapon as also is using only 7 bullets per magazine.

I'm not familiar with that "VAS / paper doll" you mention so I don't know what is the "issue".

Note that I'm not obligated to make my addons compatible with every other mod/addon ... except if I've made some mistake in generally so I'll have to fix it.

Thanks for your comments.

Should it be possible to equip bluefor with the uniforms? it dosent work in the init either?

Should it be possible to equip bluefor with the uniforms? it dosent work in the init either?

No ... I believe that this is a game restriction for uniforms which not allow to be used by other sides except their own ... if this would been possible then you could use OPFOR uniforms on BLUFOR also.

With this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19134 [VAS] you can equip any uniform Enemy/Ind also so i was just wondering if its something to do with the addon?

I was unfamiliar with this mate (as I said before) but still I can't do anything about it ... does this addon [VAS] is capable to exchange also other uniforms except game default ? I'm asking because if default uniforms are only handled then it might be [VAS] "issue" as might uses only default classnames.

Okay and yeh VAS is compatible with other mods, i use it because can save gear then just access it when i jump into game

I like to use your mod on our server for the weapons, and it's easy to distribute because of its small size. But with the units also it adds quite a bit to the file size. Any way you can keep the units and weapons mods separate?

Love the mod, keep up the great work!

I like to use your mod on our server for the weapons, and it's easy to distribute because of its small size. But with the units also it adds quite a bit to the file size. Any way you can keep the units and weapons mods separate?

Love the mod, keep up the great work!

There is no need to upload them both (weapons and units) on your server mate ... weapons are not dependable by the units so just remove the units pbo from my modfolder.

NOTE : there are two seperate pbos into my modfolder ... one is the "HAFM_Weapons" and the other one is the "HAFM_Units" ... just upload and use only the first one on your server.

---------- Post added at 16:11 ---------- Previous post was at 16:02 ----------

Okay and yeh VAS is compatible with other mods, i use it because can save gear then just access it when i jump into game

You made your point clear and I hope I did the same for my point ... sorry but I can't provide further help on that (at least until gathering more of Community feedback).

Edited by Aplion

Ah nice! I should have downloaded the latest version and looked before posting! Thanks!

Ya just verified same problems with the FHQ M4 and Accessories pack as well as the M107. I am using the VAS and have narrowed it to the placement inside VAS so it may not be anything on your end I am not savy enough to know the conflict. I have tested and verified that if I place the addons ammobox that authors gave with the addons I can add and remove the attachments without issue then. However this makes premade loadouts worthless as placing weapons from multiple addons is no longer possible. Any ideas?

It is not possible to be combatible with all other mod/addons ... either use them or mine ... free choice ... except if you give me some detailed reasons of conflicts ... otherwise ... tell them to be combatible with me ... or just don't use my mod. Case closed.

That is sort of a bad attitude to have especially when you factor in the quality of the other mods vs yours. Asking people who are more skilled to make themselves compatible to yours when none of their other mods are conflicting is not the best way to get help fixing the issue. VAS is used widespread and if you don't feel a need to be compatible to it then that is the end of my clan using your mods. Case Closed as you say. I was merely posting to advise you of the issue. Thanks for making me regret it.

That is sort of a bad attitude to have especially when you factor in the quality of the other mods vs yours. Asking people who are more skilled to make themselves compatible to yours when none of their other mods are conflicting is not the best way to get help fixing the issue. VAS is used widespread and if you don't feel a need to be compatible to it then that is the end of my clan using your mods. Case Closed as you say. I was merely posting to advise you of the issue. Thanks for making me regret it.

I admit that my attitude was awful and apologize for this ... I was very tired last night and with no clear mind I missunderstood your report, but still this is not an excuse for me. In any case I'm accepting all consequences caused by this attitute, taking full responsibility and respecting your decision/choice of course.

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

Update report ... the issue with my uniforms has been fixed ... are now selectable and usable through VAS also ... please accept my apologies for, once more time, being so stubborn.

---------- Post added at 12:27 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

This is an update for units part ... fixing the reported uniforms issue.

Changelog

• Now uniforms are selectable - usable without any conflict using [VAS].

Download Link : CLICK HERE

Aplion

Edited by Aplion

Which of the M4 files is the mk12 dependant on as i already have 2 m4s in the game? {if i take the mk12 on its own i miss the body texture}

Which of the M4 files is the mk12 dependant on as i already have 2 m4s in the game? {if i take the mk12 on its own i miss the body texture}

Thats surprising ... there is no relation between M4 and MK12 ... could you please be a little more specific of the problem ? I'm not sure I've understood correct.

Okay ill get in game now see and see if i can get a screen shot

First wanted to say, great work Aplion, the units look awesome. I'm really hoping to see some G3 rifles for the regular infantry in the future :)

Secondly, has anyone else had trouble using these with the Canadian Forces Mod? Whenever I use these two together, at first things will be fine, but the second the shooting starts I get a CTD. Can't seem to figure out why...

Okay ill get in game now see and see if i can get a screen shot

Wait I think I undestood your question ... MK12 main body texture is the same as my M4 one ... in case you will use only the MK12 without the rest of my M4s then you'll have this texture issue as you said.

I was never thought that my mod has to be splitted in-game like this !!! sorry but if I understood correct, as mentioned above, I can't provide any help on that ... there is no seperate addons ... just a MOD which includes all my stuff.

Just got this before i got in game {addon "HAFM_M4" requires addon "HAFM_M4A1"}

---------- Post added at 18:27 ---------- Previous post was at 18:25 ----------

Do you know which texture it uses? its the main body from around the trigger area or should i just test the different textures..