Sign in to follow this  
zooloo75

Statistical-Based Visualizations [Script]

Tested it online.... It stays black screen on respawn for everyone but main player. Whats a good MP work around?

I made it for singleplayer only. I might convert it to multiplayer later on.

---------- Post added 04-29-2013 at 12:31 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-28-2013 at 11:51 PM ----------

I loaded up All-in-ArmA and flew an A10 around with SBV, and wow! It never felt this cinematic and epic!

Update - Tweaked heat exhaustion death code. Players should no longer experience collapsing due to heat exhaustion only to die from it immediately after.

EDIT 1 - Another feature coming up in a few minutes: When shot, time will seem to slow down, allowing the player to focus in on what is happening. Death sound removed.

EDIT 2 - EDIT 1's features uploaded!

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Upcoming feature - Enemy AI will knife the player if within range. (This solves the AI's poor turning/reaction speed when the player just decides to run circles close to them)

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Updated - Enemy AI will now melee if player is within range!

Edited by zooloo75

Update - Tweaked heat exhaustion death code. Players should no longer experience collapsing due to heat exhaustion only to die from it immediately after.

EDIT 1 - Another feature coming up in a few minutes: When shot, time will seem to slow down, allowing the player to focus in on what is happening. Death sound removed.

EDIT 2 - EDIT 1's features uploaded!

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 AM ----------

Upcoming feature - Enemy AI will knife the player if within range. (This solves the AI's poor turning/reaction speed when the player just decides to run circles close to them)

---------- Post added at 03:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:51 AM ----------

Updated - Enemy AI will now melee if player is within range!

thats pretty cool I'll pbo that as soon as i can.... Or would you prefer me not to?

thats pretty cool I'll pbo that as soon as i can.... Or would you prefer me not to?

Go for it!

Fixed friendly AI meleeing player.

I'm thinking of making a new simulation - reverberation of gunshot sounds. It will be a proof-of-concept. You shoot your gun, then some calculations determine locations, walls, terrain around your height, etc around you, and then it will play the gunshot sound representative of the config of the gun. I might make a custom reverberation sound though. Just an idea that I will attempt to bring into ArmA!

---------- Post added 05-01-2013 at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was 04-30-2013 at 11:44 PM ----------

Updated! - Gunshot reverberation added!

tested the pbo version real quick got this error and a constistantly blinking screen

Error in expression <90 && (abs(_dirTo - _eyeD) <= 270)) || (lineIntersects [_eyePb, _eyePa]) ||(terr>

Error position: <lineIntersects [_eyePb, _eyePa]) ||(terr>

Error 0 elements provided, 3 expected

File SBV\SBV.sqf, line 240

tested the pbo version real quick got this error and a constistantly blinking screen

Error in expression <90 && (abs(_dirTo - _eyeD) <= 270)) || (lineIntersects [_eyePb, _eyePa]) ||(terr>

Try the script version/mission.

Update - Terrain reverberation.

I made my own reverberation sound for terrain, while the building based reverberation will still use the original gunfire sound.

You can see the clever little method I used to simulate the terrain reverb :)

---------- Post added at 01:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:41 AM ----------

I plan on redoing the gunshot reverb for buildings using the new method I've made for terrain.

It's much more optimized.

You werent running both pbo and script version at same time? Ive tested it couple times running both together, and just pbo version. With both no errors, but was glitchy. But PBO and/or script by themselves was ok. IS SBV last on your load order, and did you DL lastest one? How long did it take to see this error occur? Thanks for letting me know.

P.s How constant is the blinking? You do know thats part of his mod to simulate eyes blinking?

update: Added newer verion

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/5986211/file.html

Edited by Mikey74

You werent running both pbo and script version at same time? Ive tested it couple times running both together, and just pbo version. With both no errors, but was glitchy. But PBO and/or script by themselves was ok. IS SBV last on your load order, and did you DL lastest one? How long did it take to see this error occur? Thanks for letting me know.

P.s How constant is the blinking? You do know thats part of his mod to simulate eyes blinking?

update: Added newer verion

http://www5.zippyshare.com/v/5986211/file.html

Ok, sorry for the late reply. I had downloaded both versions, however, for times/lazyness sake i just used the mod version. Ill test the scripted version and the new .pbo now

EDIT: So I tested it again, with just the script verions and I get the same errors, plus more.

now i get reverbterrain not present, error, and this.

Error in expression <ect 4;

[_projectile] spawn {sleep 6; deleteVehicle _this select 0;};

_proj>

Error position: <deleteVehicle _this select 0;};

and i still get the eternal blink.

I am not running any mods

I am however, running the Dev build I have been looking but maybe I missed it. Is this only for the "stable" build?

Edited by Lordprimate

yeh I updated my arma3 or steam did and now I get those errors as well. Im at a loss on how to fix that maybe zooloo75 knows. **shruggs** lol idk lol

I seem to be having issues with the SBV script that I wasn't having before the most recent update. I was in-game about 10 minutes trying out the newest updated version of your script and out of random, I die. Not sure what is going on. I saw earlier in this thread that zooloo75 wrote a line to make this script compatible with MP. So of course, I added this in because I would like to use it on my dedicated server. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Is this same issue happening to others who have tried this?

I seem to be having issues with the SBV script that I wasn't having before the most recent update. I was in-game about 10 minutes trying out the newest updated version of your script and out of random, I die. Not sure what is going on. I saw earlier in this thread that zooloo75 wrote a line to make this script compatible with MP. So of course, I added this in because I would like to use it on my dedicated server. Any ideas as to why this is happening? Is this same issue happening to others who have tried this?

Yes this happens to me as well -funny the Death Sitrep notice doesnt' mention you or how you died either -the screen just goes black. I was assuming that a friendly AI was stabbing me -speaking of, whats happens when you get knifed? Is there a death scream or does the screen just go black?

This is not MP compatible, and I will look into the other issues y'all are having. Friendly AI will not melee you (Maybe civs are -- something I am going to fix in a min).

I do know that snakes, and other animals would knife you since for some reason they fall under the parent class of "Man"... lol - but I fixed that by implementing some logic that searches if the unit has a uniform, since you know... Snakes don't wear uniforms xD

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Hmm, I see the errors. I didn't get these last night, but I guess the game updated and ended up breaking something -.-

Nice looking foward to it. The black screen of death seems a bit anticlimatic and 'Soprano-ish' -more puzzling than 'oh snap Im dead' -what about a death breath or gasp or something?

Nice looking foward to it. The black screen of death seems a bit anticlimatic and 'Soprano-ish' -more puzzling than 'oh snap Im dead' -what about a death breath or gasp or something?

The instant black screen when you die is something I prefer myself. Once you are dead, you are dead - that's it.

I plan on making parameters to allow users to choose what features they'd like to enable/disable.

Also the error messages are due to the latest update's enabling of the script-error message. The script should work fine, but I will see what I have to change to keep the script clean.

EDIT - I never experienced a constant blinking btw, could you post a video?

Edited by zooloo75

I do know that snakes, and other animals would knife you since for some reason they fall under the parent class of "Man"... lol - but I fixed that by implementing some logic that searches if the unit has a uniform, since you know... Snakes don't wear uniforms xD

just use "CAManBase". that's BI's equivalent of human being. great script btw. i especially like some of the cam shake effects.

just use "CAManBase". that's BI's equivalent of human being. great script btw. i especially like some of the cam shake effects.

Thanks!

---------- Post added 05-03-2013 at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 05-02-2013 at 11:30 PM ----------

-Update-

Fixed script errors.

Changed terrain-reverb sound.

Other minor tweaks.

This is not MP compatible, and I will look into the other issues y'all are having. Friendly AI will not melee you (Maybe civs are -- something I am going to fix in a min).

---------- Post added at 10:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Hmm, I see the errors. I didn't get these last night, but I guess the game updated and ended up breaking something -.-

<---- he he he he just read rest of your post. Was going to say the new game update is the issue not mp. ;) lol

it is all nice, but you have to think about AI at some point. Limiting human player by all of kinds, puts AI in a big advantage, since all that doesn't affect AI the same way. I guess your tweaks, are more suitable for PvP missions, not coop or singleplayer.