Sign in to follow this  
thdman1511

Building Objects in Arma 3 can they be destroyed.

Just wondering if anyone could tell me whether or not, the communication tower at Kamino Firing Range can be destroyed, I have tried dropping mortar on it, but it seems to still be standing. I am trying to set up a task where the squad leader has to order in an Artillery strike on the communications tower, so that when the main attack occurs they will not be able to radio in for reinforcements.

The main attack will come from Pythos.

I have also tried to knock out the Lighthouse on the hill above Kamino Firing Range with no luck.

Explosive charge will bring them down =)

Ok I have managed to get the Photovoltaic Transformer to be destroyed with Artillery Strike looks good watching it happen. But I am having some problems ending the scene when it is destroyed.

I set up a trigger that around it, set the type to end#1, but I try to trigger it using the effects part under triggers, building distruction. Is it possible using triggers to detect the destruction of a building and ending the mission using the end#1 or would I need to look at scripting.

Ok I have managed to get the Photovoltaic Transformer to be destroyed with Artillery Strike looks good watching it happen. But I am having some problems ending the scene when it is destroyed.

I set up a trigger that around it, set the type to end#1, but I try to trigger it using the effects part under triggers, building distruction. Is it possible using triggers to detect the destruction of a building and ending the mission using the end#1 or would I need to look at scripting.

Yes.

1. Create a trigger near the building

2. GROUP the trigger to the building you want to be destroyed, i.e the transformer.

3. Click the trigger and its activation should read "Static object"

4. Set to "Not Present"

5. Set type to End1.

Done. :)

thanks azz_er, however I am having trouble grouping the Photovoltaic Tranformer to the trigger and also when I look in the trigger configuration, there is no static object in the activation pull down menu. So I guess at the present moment there is no way I can end the mission when the Photovoltaic Transformer is destroyed. So if you have any suggestions on how to overcome this issue it would be appreciated.

---------- Post added at 17:57 ---------- Previous post was at 17:45 ----------

i dont think the Photovoltaic Transformer is a physical object for the purpose of grouping, linking etc, but it is able to be destroyed/damaged by Mortar Shells. So because of this I dont think I can set up a trigger to end mission. I think its the same for the communications Tower as well in Kamino Firing Range.

I tried to group the trigger to the Photovoltaic Transformer it would join the group Fully. and azz_er I will look at the file and see what you did and see if I can created it again.

What I did was created the trigger and then using F2 tried to group it with the transformer, or should I have grouped it a different way. I am that looking at azz_er work I will then be able to recreate it I hope. I am new to all this, so thankyou very much for all your help.

No you're grouping it in the correct way, just make sure you group FROM the trigger TO the building and make sure you release your mouse in the middle of the building (its name should pop up when you're good to release).

Alternatively, place a marker (or use an existing marker) on top of the transformer, name it something ("transformer" in this example), and do this in the init file;

myTransformer = nearestObject [getMarkerPos "transformer", "Land_spp_Transformer_F"];

Now you can check if it is alive like any other object. I have used the object classname rather than the ID, because object IDs have changed twice already due to BIS updating the terrain.

Ok thankyou azz_er and all those who advised me on this, I now know where I went wrong, without you help, I would have kept wondering how to do it. Much appreciation to you all.