Sign in to follow this  
BomberWRX

Loading in to a crashed burned up helicopter.

So there has been numerous times where I have had to completely start a mission over. One time during the hunt for whales mission after it saved I quit the game. Loaded back in later and as soon as the game loaded I was nose diving into the game ground. Mind you the game auto saved over water. So I reset the mission. Again after finding a couple more whales I had to leave the computer so it autosaved and I left. Loaded back in and I was greeted with a downed chopper and alarms sounding. I get out and it's just a charred wreck and my camera man is standing there next to it. Pretty pissed this time. THIRD time I was doing a flash back mission for Joe and I was delivering flyers to the camps or whatever. I came under enemy contact and got shot down and crashed. So I chose to resume from last save point and again I loaded into a charred wreck with my Co pilot outside. He actually started running towards the way point... 71k away. I was no where near my previous save.

Ok now I'm doing Best Laid Plans currently and I had to leave before delivering them to the firing range. I loaded back in where it saved for a change. Made my way to the firing range and landed precisely on the way point and now they won't get out and even speak. I've tried shutting off the engines. Getting out. Flying around for a few minutes landing again. Hell I even kamikazed into the truck with the 2 guys in it killing everyone to load back from my save. Nothing. So now I have to redo the last 20-30 min again to get to this point. This game is fun but it's so broke it's not even funny. Arma 3 Alpha is more polished than this.

Well to start with it is a fact that many times, when you continue a saved game, the chopper starts acting like crazy. Most of the times you just have to adjust your joystick a little bit backwards or a little bit forwards so as to be able to regain control over your helicopter. The throttle also has got some extreme changes when you start an auto-save cause the second the save procedure tool place the throttle was in another position, even a millimeter counts. I have personally crushed three or four times due to this happening. Another way to be sure of your saves is to save the game yourself a couple of times. Then your chances are double.:cool:

Moreover in the Best Laid Plans mission the problem might be that you have to make a fast descent and land directly to the right place, I believe it has a 5 meter radius. The first time I played the career I crushed many times trying to do so. On the other hand maybe the game is having a bug. I hope you haven't downloaded it, any problems have arisen, and also that you have applied all of the patches.

I'll try putting it in auto hover and saving it manually then time to time. Still doesn't explain why I would load the game into a charred wreck on the ground with my copilot outside of it while I'm still in it. I'll have to get a video of it next time I play.

The firing range way point just wasn't working at all. Even with the 3 guys I had on board I tried shaking the helicopter all around and they wouldn't even acknowledge it. There was no like whoa what are you doing or anything so it was like the AI wasn't with me. Just their bodies were there. Going to give it another go tonight

Best luck. And also I have personally never had the experience with

I would load the game into a charred wreck on the ground with my copilot outside of it while I'm still in it
Hope it doesn't happen again...

I quit. Did Best Laid Plans again start to finish.... Well sort of finish. I landed back on the helipad and my passenger's AI brain must've fallen out over the water. She did nothing. Didn't get out. Didn't say anything. Couldn't end the fucking mission cause of it. Loaded my last save point. Same thing. She just wasn't there "mentally". I've never had such a bad experience with a game with these types of bugs. I almost want my money back.

I don't know man, maybe a third try would be worth it though. There are a lot of amazing missions following and it would be a shame to lose them. On the other hand it would indeed be wise to contact the ones who sold you this problematic game. Maybe they know what is going on. And a refund is also logical and in bounds.:confused:

Yea got it straight from steam. :banghead: