Sign in to follow this  
francis

Infected Virus

Hi all , I open a thread for explain to every user playing Arma 3 on multiplayer ! This is Important when u come on a Server Already infected by Virus , you must EXIT the game and Re-Launch the game . If you dont do it , you will infect all server thats you trying to join untill the time you quit the game. Actually we are on Alpha so its a Privilege to play in this Alpha (cause we pay for pre-order game) so People must understand it . If u want joinning a good game u must follow this Step:

1ST : Just to be sure your not infected Quit the game after leaving any server !.

2nd : Re-Launch the game!.

3rd : Find / Host any Server with Password (cause this damn Virus) !.

AND THE LAST : HOPE people do this steps !.

SO if u have interest to play on a Stratis Life coded by Caïden, ZannaZa and Ygluf 0.3.3 and updated by me(Francis Cummings) 0.3.3.2 Add me on Steam : Francis Cummings

or just update to the Dev build and the problem is solved :)

oh !! true!!!!

---------- Post added at 11:14 ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 ----------

hmmm . its not cool i have switch to Dev Build but my edited mission have some errors and when i come back to 0.54 all work wells :S i'm Sad and i will Stay on 0.54 to play on my Edited Mission ( i have SET password Add me on steam to have Acces) Francis Cummings Every one read this are welcome to join !!! but pls dont come with infected virus !!! Thanks and Have fun !

Unfortunately those missions may stop working soon; the dev build way of preventing the infection is by removing some of the scripting commands that made those missions work. :/ You may have to edit those missions again, once 0.54 is replaced...

How do you upgrade to the Dev build?

Right click "Arma 3 Alpha" in steam.

Properties.

Navigate to the "Betas" tab.

From the drop down menu select "Development Build"

Steam will download a bit. Then you will be on the Development Branch.

Repeat the process to go back to the stable alpha, selecting "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" from the drop down menu instead.

edit :^ I think I got ninjed twice ^

How do you upgrade to the Dev build?

Open Steam, go into your game library, right click on Arma 3 then go to Properties . Go under the BETA and choose the Dev build :)

Note that the dev build updates way more often and quicker than the stable build (if your connection is capped, metered, throttled, whatever) and that there's no internal QA done by BI before releasing it; anecdotally speaking I've heard from several posters at the dev build thread that nighttime performance is... bad.

Right click "Arma 3 Alpha" in steam.

Properties.

Navigate to the "Betas" tab.

From the drop down menu select "Development Build"

Steam will download a bit. Then you will be on the Development Branch.

Repeat the process to go back to the stable alpha, selecting "NONE - Opt out of all beta programs" from the drop down menu instead.

ahh thats what I needed,thx !! didnt know when I have the dev build how to go back to stable version again. does anyone know when it is save to switch back to stable version?