Sign in to follow this  
StrongHarm

Close Air Support - Day 1

Mission Feedback  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Mission Feedback

• I liked this mission! I'll fly it again!
    • It's decent.
    • It needs a lot of work...
    • This mission was anti-good.. what are you smoking?

Hey StrongHarm!

good to see you making missions for arma man...

Im getting this now.

jeff

Looks like a mission I would appreciate but I can't get any tasks from command, no answer at all when I try 0-0-1

Same here.

Did you run it under scenarios.. it's single player... Also, if you want to play as JTAC, you have to request the task and get the helo over the AO as pilot first. Check out the Message of the Day sign at base for detailed instructions.

INSTALL:

Unzip to your X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Missions folder. Start from "Scenerios" in Arma3.

Please tell me if this resolves the issue. If there's something I have to fix.. I'm afraid it won't happen this week as I'm headed to the Bahamas. :(

Is there anyone who is getting this mission to work properly?

//Yo dethjeff! Good to see some DCS guys here. You won't have the pleasure of an 800 page manual or 10 minute startup routine, but the graphics are pretty good and the gameplay is compelling. Hope to see you in MP when I'm not modding!

Edited by StrongHarm

Hey StrongHarm...

Mission works perfect. The random scenarios work great. It locked up once but i think its an alpha thing. Radioing for smoke makes you wait a few seconds before you can key it in as well (an alpha thing)

It IS fun to jump in and run missions like this... But I still practice the A10 hehe

I gotta learn the little bird again (its good in A3 so far!) and this mission's a great help. The units being in the same general area is helping me refine my turns and approaches.

So are you gonna be playing this or waiting for more updates before making any large (an understatement by A10 terms) missions?

good to see you again.. Ill look for you at SimHQ.

jeff

Awesome! Thanks dethjeff. It's a relief that the mission is working for people. I wasn't at all familiar with scripting and modding in Arma, so I had to put hundreds of hours into this mission to make it work.

I spend time working on my funnel maneuvers. It's difficult to learn, but once you do it pays off huge. The cockpit of the AH9 is so open that it's too easy to get shot without it.

For smoke and SITREP, make sure the JTAC contact is complete (you'll see the chevron symbol appear on the ground where the JTAC is, as he's now leading your 'group') then you can make requests of him. The order of operation is:

1.5k from target - JTAC radio briefing

30sec after 1.5k from target - JTAC join and lead Player

This is simulating contact and reorient/SA

One alpha bug I've noticed a lot is the misplaced red target designator. If the target moves from position, the red designator sometimes keeps going if they stop to take cover. It eventually reconnects, but sometimes only after you get a true visual of the target object.

A10 and KA50 are still my primary sims without a doubt. I do like the ground element that Arma introduces, but it's still missing the complexity.

Did you run it under scenarios.. it's single player... Also, if you want to play as JTAC, you have to request the task and get the helo over the AO as pilot first. Check out the Message of the Day sign at base for detailed instructions.

Please tell me if this resolves the issue. If there's something I have to fix.. I'm afraid it won't happen this week as I'm headed to the Bahamas. :(

Is there anyone who is getting this mission to work properly?

//Yo dethjeff! Good to see some DCS guys here. You won't have the pleasure of an 800 page manual or 10 minute startup routine, but the graphics are pretty good and the gameplay is compelling. Hope to see you in MP when I'm not modding!

Whats confusing is where exactly is the AO?? I've read the sign and pressed 0-0-1 but there are no markers or really anything telling me where the AO is so I find myself flying around the entire Island looking for anything really :p Maybe a bit more detailed instruction or marker or something as its pretty confusing for some of us newbs.

I'm now an expert at landing at FARPs though...

Did you run it under scenarios.. it's single player...

Yes, ran it as a scenario.

- Start Arma3 with no mods

- Play - Scenarios - Combat Air Support - Play

- Read the messageboard

- Jump in a AH9, start the engine

- 0-0-1 = nothing

- 0-0-2 = ~~~ static ~~~ so at least a response

Tried before I jump in chopper, inside, on the ground, in the air, engine on/off... after a turnaround... Nothing :(

Edited by Watarimono

I've had the same error as those above - I'm running the current dev build, what about you guys? I'll get around to rolling back to the stable Alpha build and try that at some point.

This must have something to do with the dev build. When you call command for tasking, it should give you an overview, and set a waypoint for you. It's working for some people and not others. I'll sort it out when I get back from the Bahamas. The woes of modding in alpha I guess...

processInitCommands and setVehicleInit were removed as of DEV build, i believe this is permanent due to MP hacking (so i hear)

+1 for no tasking in dev build.

While I've been using dev all along a lot of people are switching to dev build because of the pseudo-anti-cheat measures. They will probably be rolled out to STABLE branch as well given the problems with hackers. Maybe see if you can get a workaround as I'd like to play this without rolling back.

Awesome! Thanks dethjeff. It's a relief that the mission is working for people. I wasn't at all familiar with scripting and modding in Arma, so I had to put hundreds of hours into this mission to make it work.

I spend time working on my funnel maneuvers. It's difficult to learn, but once you do it pays off huge. The cockpit of the AH9 is so open that it's too easy to get shot without it.

One alpha bug I've noticed a lot is the misplaced red target designator. If the target moves from position, the red designator sometimes keeps going if they stop to take cover. It eventually reconnects, but sometimes only after you get a true visual of the target object.

A10 and KA50 are still my primary sims without a doubt. I do like the ground element that Arma introduces, but it's still missing the complexity.

Hey keep at the editor.... I thought you worked arma before but it is very powerful. running spec op missions with little bird insertions is really great. its fun to be the pilot but getting on the ground in arma is NOW really the schnizzle.

The missions here i was running straight through attacks... im gonna try the funnel.

the target designator is off after a while... maybe the AI need to see the enemy again to update it... maybe you need to call for smoke again.

Hey StrongHarm its really cool to see you making missions here... I hope you get into it.

Jeff

The best and most professional pilot mission i ever played (in Arma), please make more!

Hey, first things first, amazing mission man, really enjoying it a lot. Unfortunately though, I am on the dev build as well - so initially had an issue with playing it.

Looks like all that needs changing is your two initialization scripts, change all instances of

publicVariable = "..."

to

publicVariable "..."

and it should work fine (did in my case at least).

Once again, thanks for putting in the time to throw something cool like this together for us.

Hey, first things first, amazing mission man, really enjoying it a lot. Unfortunately though, I am on the dev build as well - so initially had an issue with playing it.

Looks like all that needs changing is your two initialization scripts, change all instances of

publicVariable = "..."

to

publicVariable "..."

and it should work fine (did in my case at least).

Once again, thanks for putting in the time to throw something cool like this together for us.

Thanks for quick fix :) work perfectly.

And thanks StrongHarm for a great mission, looking forward to more releases from you.

strong harm is from another planet i think... his missions in a-10 were that good LOL

Thanks for quick fix :) work perfectly.

And thanks StrongHarm for a great mission, looking forward to more releases from you.

Glad this fix works but which files must I change. Its been a long time since Ive had to edit any arma files.

The command changes' removal and replacement has been rolled out to stable branch as well now:

• Added: Functions are now compiled using newly introduced compileFinal
  • Added: Functions meta data are now secured against rewriting
  • Removed use of vulnerable script commands in DynO functions
  • Added: BIS_fnc_log enabled in public version when 'allowFunctionsLog = 1;' is set in description.ext
  • Fixed: BIS_fnc_sideColor can now load non-number values
  • Fixed: BIS_fnc_functionMeta was not working with scenario and campaign functions
  • Added: Scenario / campaign functions now support 'forced' param, allowing them to be executed automatically upon mission start
  • Added: BIS_fnc_spawn
  • Added: Ability to execute BIS_fnc_execVM and BIS_fnc_execFSM without arguments
  • Fixed: BIS_fnc_error was not working correctly

Also:
  • Added: compileFinal command
  • Removed fully script commands: setVehicleInit, clearVehicleInit, processInitCommands
  • Made all script commands final (no longer possible to reassign in most circumstances)

You just need to get something like UnPBO, extract the files into your %UserProfile%\Documents\ArmA 3 Alpha\missions folder and then fire up ArmA 3's editor. Off the coast to the west of the airfield are a number of triggers. Just open them up and try clicking OK, it will give you an error if you need to fix the issue in any of them.

To fix them, just look for commands like

publicVariable = "..."

and replace with

publicVariable "..."

You should then be able to save the mission and play it from the editor (or use UnPBO to compress it again and stick it into your %ArmA3Dir%\Missions folder to play it normally.

Good luck :)

This game looks like a game I will really like. I am in the military and this game looks as good as the real thing on the vid. But I get a whole load of errors coming up when I star and all through the game. The mission task radio does not work. Can you fix it or can anybody help?:(

Very good mission here. I hope you make more after full content is released -really enjoying this :)

Hi, I am in the Brit military and I love the look of this game. But like watarimono, I can not get any tasks and some other things. But mine just comes up loads of error messages. Can u help.

Hi, I am in the Brit military and I love the look of this game. But like watarimono, I can not get any tasks and some other things. But mine just comes up loads of error messages. Can u help.

Jamdom11 -have you tried the workarounds above? That is, open the mission in your editor and fix the triggers causing the errors. Its pretty simple, just open every trigger (though I believe the 3 offenders are all on the NW Coast in a group of 10) and just delete the '=' s after publicVariable. Youll know it works because the trigger will close properly where if it doesn't -it's an offender that needs fixen. I still get errors due to ever-changing builds -but the Tasks are all seemingly working fully. Still never got any smoke tho........