Sign in to follow this  
Sakai

Epirotian Escalation - Episode 1 "Rebirth"

58653592.png

Information:

Hello! So from ArmA 3... to ArmA 2? Well reason is why I moved back to my roots of modding is simply because ArmA 2 is way modding friendly than its son ArmA 3 at least for me, As I know more about modding in ArmA 2 and it is simpler and easier I decided to put the HKDF mod on lockdown and create a new mod!

What is this mod about? This mod is set in two episodes, Episode one which is this one "Rebirth" is set in times of independence war for Epirus or in full "Principality of Epirus" once Episode 1 aka mod is finished second episode will start. But now onto the story!

Story:

Epirus was known as "Despotate of Epirus" or "Principality of Epirus" was once a successor of the Byzantine Empire not forgetting that it was the most powerful tribe in Greece... Epirus did not manage to strive with its power as it collapsed due civil war and Ottomans conquering Greece and the rest of Balkans however restored later on as Principality of Epirus by Ottomans later on taken down, in the beginning of the World War 1 the Epirotes have declared independence as "Autonomous Republic of Northern Epirus" but later on in 1919 Epirus was given to Greece and Greek forces moved in clearing out the independence movement...

Year 2015, Greek economy has became worse and its politics has became unstable, one man called "Nikephoros Ioannidis" believes that he has the royal ties to the Kings of the Epirotian Despotate with his believe that with a rebirth of Epirus, the life in Greece can become better, by the Protocol of Corfu Epirus was to be given independence under Albanian sovereignty however it did not succeed as the Albanian government collapsed and Greek Army marched in. Nikephoros in his past "life" was a rich businessman hit by the Greek economy lost his business and income however not the money he earned, Epirus even in the early 21st century had its underground independence movement but without fundings there was a no go, as the life in Greece was getting worse by the economy the independence movement has become larger Nikephoros has donated all his saved money to the leader's and with the ideology of Principality Nikephoros has met his goal of becoming the Nikephoros IV.

Propaganda was spreading though the whole Epirus, many young Epirotes men and kids that were hurt by the economy of Greece and its living standards wanted to live in better place, with the amount of money, weapons were bought from gun dealers from Balkans, mostly old G3's and G3A3's and loads of paramilitary uniforms with Russian Tiger Stripe camouflage, which gave the soldiers of the Principality of Epirus name from Greece as "Epirotian Tigers" by times Greece was hit with the news but with its weak politics and military on the line of house fights was skeptical about what to do but were still loyal to the President.

2017, Emmanuel Katsaros, the appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs has declared independence for the Epirus as not longer Provincial Government but as fully independent monarch state under the rule of Nikephoros IV, Greece as of course denied such a event and has declared that military will be moved into Epirus to calm the area down. The Principality of Epirus has taken the Northen Epirus flag as a current flag of the state.

UN however has not declared anything about the situation but few countries has spoke out that accepts Principality of Epirus as a sovereign state few of them are "Republic of Capraia, Republic of Chernarus and Switzerland" but this... Is only the beginning

As you know Im not a great novelist :P

Screenshots:

th_arma2oa2013-04-2700-07-50-274_zps43b1a134.png

th_arma2oa2013-04-2703-35-31-374_zps3f497693.png

th_1_zps08b4add6.png

th_2_zps6fb9d261.png

th_3_zps3bfca825.png

th_4_zpsff22e00e.png

th_arma2oa2013-04-2812-06-10-592_zps5e9db60f.png

th_arma2oa2013-04-2812-07-17-741_zps850d8eb2.png

Epirote Independence Infantry, created from Vilas's mlod's from bottom :) still a lot to fix.

Epirote's are well known for great warfare in the mountains as their region has loads of them!

Credits:

Andrew Marley - Camouflages

Vilas - MLODS

BIS - ArmA of course :P

I will be getting some custom stuff in so no worries! probably will have own weaponry :') as there is already something custom... *hint hint* head wear :P

If you have any ideas for the mod, anything you would like to see or contribute in making the mod? feel free to by any means and way! ;')

Please remember that this is fictionalism, any nationalism will be reported!

Edited by Sakai

Two new fella's join the Epirotian Independence Forces!

Officer and a Marksman/Sniper!

Screenshots:

th_1_zps08b4add6.png

th_2_zps6fb9d261.png

th_3_zps3bfca825.png

th_4_zpsff22e00e.png

Full Sizes -

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

I as well got a nice hat model however unable to bake normal mapping for it... If there's anyone that would like to help me out getting NOHQ map for it I would of be grateful :) Surely would of be a great replacement of the current Officer hat.

th_buldozer2013-04-2801-39-08-730_zpsbd57866f.png

th_buldozer2013-04-2801-39-20-925_zps99484bfc.png

Edited by Sakai

Moving away from the habit of using ACE weapons, I decided to give the Epirotian Independence Forces a HK G33, its just like normal G3 but its a export version and in 5.56 NATO cartridge, of course credit to Vilas for his mlod's and textures

th_arma2oa2013-04-2812-06-10-592_zps5e9db60f.png

th_arma2oa2013-04-2812-07-17-741_zps850d8eb2.png

Full Size - Picture 1 Picture 2

Edited by Sakai

looks great! Looking forward to use them in Panthera or other mountainous region :D I hope they will be equipped with some good mountain vehicles as well

looks great! Looking forward to use them in Panthera or other mountainous region :D I hope they will be equipped with some good mountain vehicles as well

Thanks! will try my best ;) Remember this is only one part of Epirotian Escalation set in 2017 as in War of Independence, next Episode will be in next year of the story :P e.g. 2020...2025 and so on so in next Episode they might look different :D

Now I see. In this episode, do they have professional army or they have organized militia?

A organized militia/army not professional but they are well organized, with its own military structure and so on, so they wont have any big vehicles but most likely improvised vehicles :)

Which I will try to make with some mlod's if I will find that are possible.

Nice concept, i especially like the camouflage that works really well. :)

Thank you :)

Once I will be back home from work probably will put some new screenies, aswell anyone know where I can get a mlod for a hat e.g. this type of hat http://www.gundoggear.co.uk/ekmps/shops/gundoggear/images/bob-hat-by-jack-pyke-jp-jhabobt--1401-p.jpg ? I think it would of look better on the marksman/sniper than the cap, CDKZ model has one if thats better ;p

Quick get into the car, there is no time to explain!

th_arma2oa2013-04-3013-31-54-133_zpsb1ce46b2.png

th_arma2oa2013-04-3013-31-36-350_zpsffd1fbcf.png

Picture 1

Picture 2

Can you guess what the Epirotes will do with this? :D

Pretty much a lot to fix in this one, no animations, good reason why I turned off the shadows :P and in the last place texture to make it look like it has no back doors

Love to vilas for his mlods and textures!

I think I managed to fix some problems with the LOD's of the Landrover, especially shadows but untested yet HOWEVER been working on a Epirotian improvised LandRover :P here is one version, more to come this weekend as I will have two days off from work like every week ;)

th_Untitled_zps83f665fe.png

Nice looking Landrover, how about adding an SPG-9 version for Anti Tank duties?

Nice looking Landrover, how about adding an SPG-9 version for Anti Tank duties?

Was planning to :) going to make few variants of the Landrover's, aswell gonna add other guns, as Epirus is near of Balkans, the forces probably would of buy some Zastava's from the gun dealers so some Balkan AK's will be given :P

And luckily Vilas has them in the mlods :3

Edited by Sakai

As I see your progress it makes me want to create something myself but unfortunately I don't have much time for it :(

As I see your progress it makes me want to create something myself but unfortunately I don't have much time for it :(

Neither do I :P I work 24/7 as a Warehouse Operative, I come back home around 2-3 AM and still work on the mod :P

You could always help me out if you want ;)

I have loads of ideas yet small skill level of modding :) Believe if I would of have the amazing skills like most of modders in BIS and time, I would of do my best I could :)

Edited by Sakai

I would love to help you out, love ideas about fictional armies :) but I only have some config and reskin skills. And you are doing best you can :)

I would love to help you out, love ideas about fictional armies :) but I only have some config and reskin skills. And you are doing best you can :)

Config is always good addition, I dont have a lot of free time to fix/make configs for most of stuff i make :)

Lovely effort, and is looking good! Pray keep it up. What is the 'roadmap' or the goals you aim for with this? Will there be any air force? Or, perhaps civilian vehicles put to military use like Cessnas or Bell helicopters?

Edit: If I were to make more comments, it would be that hats/caps rarely come with camouflage, such as very new USMC type caps. I see the Greek caps do, so I guess it'd be up to you whether to use a uniform colour or the current pattern :) I also can't help remark that the striped camouflage looks off as it aligns down the arms of the uniform, 90 degrees to how it ought to be.

Edited by SCAJolly

Lovely effort, and is looking good! Pray keep it up. What is the 'roadmap' or the goals you aim for with this? Will there be any air force? Or, perhaps civilian vehicles put to military use like Cessnas or Bell helicopters?

As this is Episode 1, they are just militia fighting for independence under Self-Declared Principality of Epirus, so there wont be an Air Force yet nor Armoured Brigades but in further Episode, wait and see :P

And for the hat and camo, remember that they were bought from Russians as full set :P

As for sniper's/marksman cap I am going to change it to a different hat, but I have no mlod to the one I want to change to...

Edited by Sakai

What hat do you need? I might have a model.

What hat do you need? I might have a model.

Something like this, that type of a hat - http://www.gundoggear.co.uk/ekmps/shops/gundoggear/images/bob-hat-by-jack-pyke-jp-jhabobt--1401-p.jpg

As well I would like to present you with "Mountain Rangers", due Epirus having a lot of rugged land, and to use the advantage of their homeland they decided to create the Rangers, one of the best Epirote soldiers there can be found in His Majesty's Armed Forces.

THIS AK IS NOT PART OF MOD, ACE IT IS

th_arma2oa2013-05-0406-14-41-342_zps6a716df6.png

th_arma2oa2013-05-0406-14-49-503_zpscc53cabe.png

th_arma2oa2013-05-0406-14-57-593_zps81bcd4c6.png

th_arma2oa2013-05-0406-11-11-025_zpsfb716328.png

th_arma2oa2013-05-0406-10-59-637_zpsb1c4bdb4.png

Full Size:

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

Picture 5

These forces will be using AK's, reason why is because they need a very reliable weapon that will not break due mud or cold and accuracy is needed, therefor the Self Declared government had only one chance to get a good firearm for its rangers is to buy the Zastava AK's due the region they are.

I will be upgrading the Zastava's to have sights and that kind of jazz.

One thing about the landrover, for some reason even tho fixed shadows do not want to work properly and currently fighting with the damn animation for it... So I might need to ask someone more educated in that kind of stuff to help me out :|

And yap, managed to get ma hat textured :D

Edited by Sakai

Great looking screenshots, I have a hat like that used on my Nogovan Rangers. I can send you the MLOD for it.

Great looking screenshots, I have a hat like that used on my Nogovan Rangers. I can send you the MLOD for it.

I would of be grateful if you could :)

Well this is the end of the weekly update as Sunday has arrived and I will have to work myself to death till Thursday :3

th_arma2oa2013-05-0504-04-33-774_zps05b40c5d.png

th_arma2oa2013-05-0504-04-09-564_zpsaacc3b1a.png

th_arma2oa2013-05-0504-08-01-388_zps5c26daff.png

th_arma2oa2013-05-0419-41-12-176_zpsc823bb47.png

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

Picture 4

And here I present you a Mountain Ranger with a beret and their new toy :) M-80BM, as bough from balkans Zastava M80 was using 5.56 NATO Cartridge however despite the like of the look, His Majesty ordered the gun to be modified to use the 7.62×39mm cartridge hence the short "BM" meaning "Backward Modification", His Majesty Armed Forces reduced the weight of the gun by getting rid of the wood stockings from the gun replacing it with light but strong as wood carbon fiber.

And as well as a marksman weapon the Zastava M76, in the recent Border Skirmishes with the Hellenic Armed Forces, M76's were praised by many snipers/marksman by its reliability and accuracy

wCVKvG9.png

More coming later ;')

Been playing around in editor with the AK and the Rangers... God they go all FULL AUTO on the enemies... I guess they dont care about the punch of 7.62 cartridge xD

Information: The look of the AK can change in future.

Edited by Sakai