Sign in to follow this  
Mangled

Fall from sky Hacker Fix

There is a simple fix to this issue but be aware that if anyone else joins the server again with the corrupt file it will affect everyone. In which you must repeat this process.

Firstly, you must enable hidden files to show. Go into your folder properties and enable this setting.

Secondly, go to c:\users\"your computer name"\app data\local\arma 3 alpha\ and remove all the content within the folder.

Arma 3 caches in all the files from clients and server to this directory. It will not affect your game or your profile by removing the content. Follow these steps and your game will work normally again.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Servers and clients affected by the corrupted data will have to do the same.

wish i knew

i uninstalled everything and i have to redownload it now i have to wait till next month since my bandwidth is almost out....

All you had to do was close Arma and relaunch it :) No need to delete anything

It's also fixed now in the latest Dev build, stable version will be patched next week.

All you had to do was close Arma and relaunch it :) No need to delete anything

It's also fixed now in the latest Dev build, stable version will be patched next week.

Wait so the "BIS_fnc...." hack is fixed and the patch is being rolled out next week? Do you mind if I ask you how you know this or ask you to site your sources for this info?

Wait so the "BIS_fnc...." hack is fixed and the patch is being rolled out next week? Do you mind if I ask you how you know this or ask you to site your sources for this info?

It was fixed several hours ago today, My source is here :)

See this post > http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153686-Hacked-by-a-player-with-no-ID&p=2382507&viewfull=1#post2382507

Basically the Dev build is patched and the stable build is due next week (fingers crossed)

It was fixed several hours ago today, My source is here :)

See this post > http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?153686-Hacked-by-a-player-with-no-ID&p=2382507&viewfull=1#post2382507

Basically the Dev build is patched and the stable build is due next week (fingers crossed)

Thanks for providing that link. So excited now haha :). Thanks bud.

There is a simple fix to this issue but be aware that if anyone else joins the server again with the corrupt file it will affect everyone. In which you must repeat this process.

Firstly, you must enable hidden files to show. Go into your folder properties and enable this setting.

Secondly, go to c:\users\"your computer name"\app data\local\arma 3 alpha\ and remove all the content within the folder.

Arma 3 caches in all the files from clients and server to this directory. It will not affect your game or your profile by removing the content. Follow these steps and your game will work normally again.

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:34 PM ----------

Servers and clients affected by the corrupted data will have to do the same.

I had the same problem today i simply deleted the most recent file which was Arma3Alpha.cfg and everything was fine then..

WHY DO I HAVE TO RESORT TO BOLD ALLCAPS

the solution is not this, this is just errant speculation.

The trusted, well known solution to disinfect a client, is to restart the client

nothing more

the fact that exiting out of the game, deleting a file, starting back up, is essentially the same thing, but you're deleting random crap that has no relation whatsoever.

Restarted client, and still have the issue ? What files need removing.

Use dev branch until default branch gets updated.

In steam games list right-click on ArmA3-->Properties-->Betas then select "developement - Developement Build" in the dropdown menu.