Sign in to follow this  
xmurderx

Did you cry during saving private ryan?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(and the dictionary form of bastard too.) <span id='postcolor'>

'and the land of the bastard child lies bleeding...'

join the club. I'm pretty much desensitized as well. scept I'm 33 and only have a 500 yard stare cause I live in a hilly town thats hilly, like wink.gif ...

Some thing do get through to you though. I find it really hard to get angry any more. things just sicken me. I don't know whether its a good thing or a bad thing myself. letting out emotions needs to be done, but wearing your heart on your sleeve just makes you a target in todays society sad.gif ...

I suggest you lock yourself in a cupboard and get drunk till you blub! smile.gif ...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wish they would release Band of Brothers on DVD. I missed it when they played it on TV

<span id='postcolor'>

Warin. If you pay the postage I'll lend you the series . I got it on four videos. I live UK side though wink.gif ..., offer still stands though. smile.gif its one of the things I'd hate to have not seen. best thing I ever saw in fact!...

I think the last time i cried during a film was when i saw Dumbo, about 13 years ago biggrin.gif

Na, I didnt cry durring Saving Private Ryan. Dont think I cried, but the most powerful war movie I have seen is Stalingrad. Its made by the people who brought you Das Boot(the boat). It is so well down and shows the war from the Germans view and also the horror of the Easternt front. Paratrooper, you made a dam good point. It is sad we have to learn through movies. Even then Its not enough most of the time. Im 13 so we havent really covered any wars. We might even do them down here in Australia and NZ really. Starting at about 9 I somehow wondered into war, escpicisally WW2. Its really sad when I ask class mates about it. I ask them 'When did World War two start?' 'Ummmmmm, 1863?' '1954?' 'Who fought in the war?' We did' Also, the world my friends. Most children dont know about the world. Its a bit like soldiers in going to Vietnam. Most of them couldnt even point it out on a map. Most people in my class wouldnt know where it is with the exeption of the Vietnamses girl wink.gif And politics. The corruption is not revealed!

I didn't cry dunring that...no really i didnt!

I'm not effected by movies... I haven't cried for any of them... only laughed.

Yep, in the Road to Perdition which is kinda sad, my friend and I were all like "Wow he took all 4 of them down with the Thompson." "HA HA he got some brains on him."

Yep America's children exposed to senceless acts of violence.

Meh

Road to perdition was a good movie. It was nice to see some old kinda mafia style movie for a change instead of some WWII movie. Dont get me wrong, I like most WWII movies but really theres been to many. We need more movies on current matters. Id like to see something about desert storm although there isnt really that much to tell i guess. Seeing as how it was only a couple day land fight. More along the lines of BHD you know.

if you live in america I recomend watching the history channel, and try to look out for a program called "letters home" or something like that. its about letters from ww2, alot of men didnt make it and the letters are really sad.

also when men are talking about how they experianced the war and thier personal exerpiances.

like an old russian man was about 17 and he was in stalingrad and a german poped out in front of him and he just emptyed the whole clip into him and it changed him forever. it really hits me when they start crying too. sad.gif

That reminds me of "Thin red line". There's the one soldier who keeps on blabbering about his wife or girlfriend (literally) for hours. It's annoying beyond any reason. "You're my love, the only one, I love you so much, blah-blah-blah."

Then in the end of the movie, the soldier gets a letter: "Sorry man, I found an another man. Ta-ta!" I laughed my ass off! It suits that moron just right. Teaches him not to blabber for hours about some cunt... biggrin.gif

yeah, this guy is wasting time that could be filled with action scenes instead! But I guess thin red line was long enough. Salty popcorn makes me pee and I dont know how many times I had to go to the toilet during that film. I guess I even missed that scene tounge.gif

I rarely cry watching movies, sometimes i came close but m,y unwillingness to look like Julien Clary usually stops me.

I almost cried after platoon, it was a sad movie all the way through, seeing how the yanks treated the vietnamese villagers was pretty sad, and also seeing the guy who plays dr cox in scrubs at the end asking if he could go home and then having to stay was pretty sad. I didn't cry at spr at all, in fact, i found it pretty funny most of the time (the beach landing), although the bit where the medic dies is pretty bad. I didn't cry when Hanks died because i was thinking how incredibly cliched and typical it was. Usually once the Tiger blows up i stop watching it to avoid the yank flag waving section

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Major Fubar @ July 23 2002,12:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know about crying, but I took a big box of tissues to Showgirls  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA You are god...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 25 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya its so cliche when everyone dies including the hero...

confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

its a cliche when the hero dies slowly sitting down shooting a tiger tank with a pistol with tears in his eyes and stuff. Everything before that kicked ass though

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ July 25 2002,16:54)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (residuum @ July 25 2002,15:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ya its so cliche when everyone dies including the hero...

confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

its a cliche when the hero dies slowly sitting down shooting a tiger tank with a pistol with tears in his eyes and stuff. Everything before that kicked ass though<span id='postcolor'>

lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (xmurderx @ July 25 2002,04:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">if you live in america I recomend watching the history channel, and try to look out for a program called "letters home" or something like that. its about letters from ww2, alot of men didnt make it and the letters are really sad.

also when men are talking about how they experianced the war and thier personal exerpiances.

like an old russian man was about 17 and he was in stalingrad and a german poped out in front of him and he just emptyed the whole clip into him and it changed him forever. it really hits me when they start crying too.  sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I have the book of that.  It's called "War Letters."  It's utterly fascinating, and friggin sad!  Especially to see how uneducated a lot of these guys were.

I also really cried at the end of "The Green Mile." Of course, I almost cried when I saw "The Empire Strikes Back" for the first time, and they put Han in the carbon-freezing chamber. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ July 25 2002,08:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't cry at spr at all, in fact, i found it pretty funny most of the time (the beach landing)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, man. There's nothing like a little humor at the expense of a guy getting his guts spilled all over the sand. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Turkish @ July 25 2002,14:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ July 25 2002,08wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't cry at spr at all, in fact, i found it pretty funny most of the time (the beach landing)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, man.  There's nothing like a little humor at the expense of a guy getting his guts spilled all over the sand.   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I can emphasize with him. When I was watching Band of Brothers I frequently laughed at the Germans biting it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Turkish @ July 25 2002,20:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif4--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ruud van Nistelrooy @ July 25 2002,08wow.gif4)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I didn't cry at spr at all, in fact, i found it pretty funny most of the time (the beach landing)<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, man.  There's nothing like a little humor at the expense of a guy getting his guts spilled all over the sand.   confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I just find some aspects of violence funny, like the fights in Braveheart were a great laugh. When watching spr, or any war film, i don't really think about the fact some guys died in a battle similar to the one i'm seeing (similar as in movies will always massivly dramatize anything), which allows me to find some things funny about it, no point in faking that i'm particularily upset at what i see, cos i'm not.